News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to use relays?

Started by ChargerST, October 04, 2011, 09:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: 68neverlate on October 17, 2011, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Dino on October 17, 2011, 01:28:05 PMI'm confused as to how the roller switch works. I thought all it did was alter the intensity of instrument panel and dome light but the dome light would only go on when you open one or both doors...it's supposed to go on when you turn it all the way up as well? 

The rheostat serves two purposes... one is to control the intensity of the instrument panel lights and the other is to turn the dome light on while you're in your vehicle with the doors closed.  When you rotate the wheel from its furthest "off" towards the full "on" position, your instrument panel lights should go from off to full intensity.  If you continue to rotate the wheel a little further (right to the end - you should feel a bit of resistance to get it there), the instrument lights should continue to glow at full intensity and your dome light should also come on (with both doors closed).  This is so you don't have to open a door at night to get your dome light to come on when you're already inside the vehicle.

If your dome light does not come on when the wheel is in its full "on" position, I'd be willing to put money down that someone has done some fidgeting with the switch that's currently in the dash...    :hack:

Aaah  makes sense, thank you so much for that explanation.  I'll play around with the switch and see if I can find out what's going on.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68neverlate

Hey... no worreis!  That's what the board is all about...     :2thumbs:     :cheers: