News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found out the Daytona made a cameo-appearance on Air Force Network

Started by hemi68charger, October 05, 2011, 01:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Man, is it a small world or what? And, it looks like I'm smack-dap in the middle of it. A fellow moparite over at Moparts PM'd me to tell me, well sort of, was famous,,,,,,,, all the way over in Iraq. Apparently AFN (our Air Force Network), which televises shows for servicemembers deployed, highlighted the Family Day activities/event we had this past weekend at my base I'm stationed at..  I had no clue the event was even being filmed.

Video of my Texas Air National Guard's Family day << Click here
Never ceases to amaze me where my darn Daytona's going to pop up. :smilielol:

The R6 red '69 Charger R/T is my buddy's Scott Z. who recently retired. The car is an original 440 4-speed which now sports a hefty stroked 426 Hemi, Passon's overdrive manual tranny with 4.10's now residing in the original Dana. The car is wicked. Next to Scott is obviously me in 'Tona and Bert's '66 Charger. Bert's owned the car for 26 years and it's the 1st show he's ever taken it. And yes, it's been pretty much a running car the whole time, just never showed it...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mauve66

smack em in the head for not showing more of the cars............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment