News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Duster hood black out!

Started by 41husk, October 07, 2011, 11:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I asked this over on For A bodies only with no reply, but was the hood black out on the 71 duster, flat, gloss or semi gloss paint?  I saw one over the weekend in gloss and I just didn't think it looked right.  Figured some one here would probably know how it came.  Thanks!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dads_69

I had both the Duster and Demon cars with black out on hoods with twin scoops and they were flat in color. Duster was a twister with strobe like center stripe.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Budnicks

Quote from: 41husk on October 07, 2011, 11:59:06 AM
I asked this over on For A bodies only with no reply, but was the hood black out on the 71 duster, flat, gloss or semi gloss paint?  I saw one over the weekend in gloss and I just didn't think it looked right.  Figured some one here would probably know how it came.  Thanks!
I think it should be a semi gloss or low gloss 30degree Black, at a minimum,  :Twocents:  I'm not an A-Body expert by any means though...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

maxwellwedge

Well the stuff on RR's, GTX's and Chargers when optioned with Hood Performance Treatment was Organasal....Same stuff as on A12 hoods, 'Cuda and T/A tail panels, some Charger tail panels etc.  It looks like Organasol on my 71 Demon hood as well.