News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EMI Sheetmetal

Started by randy73, September 13, 2011, 09:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Thought I would share my partial results with everyone, I replaced my LH front 1/2 floor pan and my RH rear floor pan.  While I have not had the welded in yet, I have test fit the panels.

There are the same thickness as Goodmark, drainage hole is cutout for the front, they are not for the rear pans. Front pan does not quite fit, there is a gap of about 1/2" on the right side along the firewall and it looks like I have to trim a little along the door. Rear pan fits well, I was impressed by the fit, but it does not come with drain holes cutout, as mentioned and it does not come with the seat belt bracket (which I still need to find a new one, as mine was rusted bad there), but it sits in the hole nice.

Food for thought, the rear pan was a lot harder to get out, I had to grind out 6 or 7 seam welds and a couple of the spot welds were in some really difficult places.

randy73

Ok an update on EMI.

Rear pan fits like a glove.

Front 1/2 pan does not, the left side and the forward left side lines up perfectly, but the center is a 1/3" off and the right side is almost 3/4" off, ut the good part is they are off on the short side, so I can weld the left side and left front and clamp the right side and pull it into place.
Pan is also an inch long, so it gives so room to play.

Lennard

I have never heard of EMI sheetmetal. :scratchchin: