News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Al Davis won't be down for, um, the coach's meeting

Started by bull, October 08, 2011, 11:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on October 19, 2011, 12:45:29 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 19, 2011, 11:27:21 AM
Quote from: ChargerD100 on October 19, 2011, 08:33:05 AM
raiders are doing better than my team... not a hater... but also not a fan
faider hater for life here   :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

Why? It's not their fault KC sucks. :shruggy:
Because their team isn't playing very well,  :shruggy: they seem to need to bash their rivals, how that helps them is beyond me... Their just hatters,   :slap: petty childish crap,   :RantExplode: it's beyond rivalry issues   
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

Quote from: bull on October 17, 2011, 07:09:45 PM
Quote from: The70RT on October 17, 2011, 06:44:14 PM
You guys could be winless and you would still all sound the same  :rofl:

Isn't that the point of being a fan? Or are people just supposed to jump ship to whichever team is doing well at the moment? Are you wearing a Lions hat right now or did you trade it for a 49ers hat yesterday?
That's my point exactly   :2thumbs: you don't need to live here to be a Raiders fan,   :hah: as long as your a loyal fan of your team regardless of what team it is & were you live  :brickwall:, it's for the love of the game  :cheers:  not the hatred of another team...  :Twocents:

moparstuart

Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 03:33:32 PM

Isn't that the point of being a fan? Or are people just supposed to jump ship to whichever team is doing well at the moment? Are you wearing a Lions hat right now or did you trade it for a 49ers hat yesterday?
That's my point exactly   :2thumbs: you don't need to live here to be a Raiders fan,   :hah: as long as your a loyal fan of your team regardless of what team it is & were you live  :brickwall:, it's for the love of the game  :cheers:  not the hatred of another team...  :Twocents:
I love the game , I love my team , still hate the raiders , and those denver donkeys too  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on October 11, 2011, 08:40:00 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 11, 2011, 08:31:08 PM
I would agree with you on 1 thing

Really? Only 1? That's your problem right there.

Matty's boys... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Who's your team  :icon_smile_question: :hah: then lets see the criticisms of them  :shruggy:...

Budnicks

Quote from: moparstuart on October 19, 2011, 03:36:38 PM
Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 03:33:32 PM

I love the game , I love my team , still hate the raiders , and those denver donkeys too  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
I'm almost with you there,  :2thumbs:  I'm just not a hater,    :RantExplode: they just aren't my team... Personally I would rather have any AFC West team, than any other team from any other conference go to the Super Bowl & win... :Twocents:

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 03:41:09 PM
Who's your team  :icon_smile_question: :hah: then lets see the criticisms of them  :shruggy:...

Saints and Chargers since 1981 (I was 11). Haven't missed either team play a game in over 14 years. I know it sounds crazy to like two teams, but I couldn't quit either one back in the day.

And while we're at it...

MLB: Reds since 1980
NHL: Blackhawks since 1980
NBA: 76ers since early 80's can't really remember
College: Nebraska since mid-80's
Nascar: Ricky Rudd since late 80's
Golf: Fred Funk...just liked the name
USFL: Portland Breakers
World League: Barcelona Dragons
Soccer: Argentina
Boxing: Evander Holyfield and "Terrible" Terry Norris

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2011, 04:41:28 PM

Saints and Chargers since 1981 (I was 11). Haven't missed either team play a game in over 14 years. I know it sounds crazy to like two teams, but I couldn't quit either one back in the day.

I finally figured out why they call them the San Diego Super Chargers (at least in the Village People-like theme song they play at their games): they run hard for a good stretch (the regular season) and then gloriously blow up (playoffs).
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Budnicks

Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 03:41:09 PM

And while we're at it...

MLB: Reds since 1980
NHL: Blackhawks since 1980
NBA: 76ers since early 80's can't really remember
College: Nebraska since mid-80's
Nascar: Ricky Rudd since late 80's
Golf: Fred Funk...just liked the name
World League: Barcelona Dragons
Soccer: Argentina
Boxing: Evander Holyfield and "Terrible" Terry Norris
Seeing your a long time fan of the Saints   :rofl: & have endured enough punishment from that, in it's self  :nana:, I will leave that one alone, but the Chargers {at least it's a Calif. team & AFC West} need to win in the damn play offs, a bunch of 10+ win seasons then fall on their faces in the play offs, I was a big Marty Shotumhiemer {spelling} fan I didn't like some of his little weird sayings, "the gleam" wtf., if you have been around him at all, you will understand, but he was a great football guy, Browns, Chiefs & Chargers amongst others, he just couldn't get it done in the play offs...  I loved Dan Foust being a University of Oregon "Ducks" guy that I am classes of 1978-81 & Air "Don" Correal {spelling} vertical game, see you can be a rival & still be civil...   Raiders & Ducks fan for life... as far as Nascar goes anyone in a Dodge, Kurt Bush & all the rest of Penske's guys          couldn't care less about Hockey or Soccer        lost interest in Baseball after the second greedy players strike, "I was a diehard A's fan"          there hasn't been a decent Boxer since Sugar Ray Lenard & Mohamed Ali days    {sorry for name spelling, it's not a strong point}

Chris G.

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 19, 2011, 04:46:05 PM
I finally figured out why they call them the San Diego Super Chargers (at least in the Village People-like theme song they play at their games): they run hard for a good stretch (the regular season) and then gloriously blow up (playoffs).

You're not saying anything I don't already know. It will really suck next year when we become the L.A. Chargers. I dreaded this day, but it's coming.

nvrbdn

dang, sorry i missed this thread till now. no wonder the kc sucks thread isnt moving. you guys are all over here. now as a real football freak, i hate denver with a passion. i despise each yard they gain. the league bought elway a ring. the playoffs were fixed. each game leading to the superbowl had points taken off the board by the refs. the donkeys couldnt tear their way out of a paper bag backing in to the playoffs and when they go to kc points were removed. the announcers were saying what are you seeing refs?? then kc has the ball at mid field with 50 something seconds left and can only get off 2 plays and a hail mary?? yea right. then they go to pitt and again points taken off the board twice. a touchdown and a field goal. the announcers are saying "what penalty?" but again it is allowed. no one will ever convince me that it wasnt fixed. then elway says "heck i think i will stay another year" i hate denver :2thumbs: so i guess i cant say im just a fan and can accept every team having fans. but i love football :yesnod: next week i will tell you why i hate dallas :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Budnicks

Quote from: Chris G. on October 19, 2011, 05:13:21 PM

You're not saying anything I don't already know. It will really suck next year when we become the L.A. Chargers. I dreaded this day, but it's coming.
Congrats to your team on that Super Bowl win, I was happy for Saints fans...  I would think since you have been subjected to shit for all those years {nearly 40} & you don't have any sympathy for some one else, who's team is in a funk also, you should be the 1st to spout encouragement...  I heard that rumor also back to LA that were they started at least, I can relate believe me, it hurt when the Raiders moved to LA but I still was a die hard Raiders fan I didn't go across the bay, like a lot of the other fans...

Ponch ®

God I hope its not the Chargirls. It would put me in the awkward position of hating and rooting against a team representing my city. The Jags and Vikings I can handle (wouldnt be the first time we stole a team from MN, and it's worked out well), but not the Chargirls!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Budnicks

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 19, 2011, 05:40:53 PM
dang, sorry i missed this thread till now. no wonder the kc sucks thread isnt moving. you guys are all over here. now as a real football freak, i hate denver with a passion. i despise each yard they gain. the league bought elway a ring. the playoffs were fixed. each game leading to the superbowl had points taken off the board by the refs. the donkeys couldnt tear their way out of a paper bag backing in to the playoffs and when they go to kc points were removed. the announcers were saying what are you seeing refs?? then kc has the ball at mid field with 50 something seconds left and can only get off 2 plays and a hail mary?? yea right. then they go to pitt and again points taken off the board twice. a touchdown and a field goal. the announcers are saying "what penalty?" but again it is allowed. no one will ever convince me that it wasnt fixed. then elway says "heck i think i will stay another year" i hate denver :2thumbs: so i guess i cant say im just a fan and can accept every team having fans. but i love football :yesnod: next week i will tell you why i hate dallas :nana:
Conspiracy theories abound  :brickwall:, Sound like you are passionate fan, I think Elway got some flags/bad calls against the other teams defenses a bunch of times, that they didn't didn't deserve, because he was an old timer with out a ring, referees  biast {just like Bradey has now}, "this 1's for John" shit made me sick, I think he is a "hall of fammer", but I don't really care for the guy, always golden spoon guy...

Budnicks

:shruggy: "your not saying anything I don't all ready know"    :flame:   :hah: If your so adamant about that, why bash the Raiders fans  :icon_smile_question:, don't you think we/they don't know everything that is said about my/our/their team, I guess it's just a hypocritical double standard  :slap: & it's OK if your a fan of a different team   :Twocents:  

Chris G.

Quote from: Budnicks on October 19, 2011, 06:14:43 PM
:shruggy: "your not saying anything I don't all ready know"    :flame:   :hah: If your so adamant about that, why bash the Raiders fans

Hmmm...kinda confused because this is the second time you quoted that, but now you are enraged.  :shruggy:

Anyway...I am not adamant about anything in regards to my teams. I know our flaws and deal with them year after year. Raider fans on the other hand just spit stupidity time and time again, which has displayed it's ugly head right here in this thread. It's not anyone in here's fault you have a crappy team that has spiraled for years, and after watching your clown of a coach today in his press conference, it looks like it's gonna be a long road. I thought Cable was bad, but man...get a clue Oakland.

Again, I am not bashing Raiders fans, I am bashing Raider stupidity, which for whatever reason, so many Raiders fans love to accept and display themselves.

Oh, and from EVERY single Chargers fan out there, Thank You for erasing Leaf's history and becoming the team who had the worst draft pick of all time. We all thank you for that.  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

bull

I actually saw a Portland Breakers home game once. How did you decide you liked them?

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 19, 2011, 06:03:04 PM

God I hope its not the Chargirls. It would put me in the awkward position of hating and rooting against a team representing my city. The Jags and Vikings I can handle (wouldnt be the first time we stole a team from MN, and it's worked out well), but not the Chargirls!

Boooooo!

Ponch ®

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on October 20, 2011, 12:14:24 AM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 19, 2011, 06:03:04 PM

Boooooo!

Dont fret homie...if I had a choice on which team we're going to steal, it would be the Raiders (again).

On a related note...this is the Chargers' theme song. Seriously. :smilielol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naB5_32y1UQ

Chris G.

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 20, 2011, 12:33:10 AMif I had a choice on which team we're going to steal, it would be the Raiders (again).

I'd hardly call it stealing. AEG has a gazillion dollars, and the Chargers can opt out of their lease in S.D. after any season for small fee (in rich people terms). Also residents in S.D. want nothing to do with funding a new stadium, so it's the perfect storm really. They are the easiest team to poach at this point, and the clock is ticking for AEG.

I don't want them in L.A. anymore than you do. I mean who is gonna just out of the blue start liking them in that area? Sort of like the Nets moving to N.Y.

Chris G.

Quote from: bull on October 19, 2011, 09:04:13 PM
I actually saw a Portland Breakers home game once. How did you decide you liked them?

No idea how I liked them, it was a new league and they had a cool name I guess. They moved from Boston to Portland at some point. I think I also had a Gunslingers pennant in my room. It was a hokey league, but Hershel Walker was a beast.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chris G. on October 20, 2011, 04:57:54 AM

I don't want them in L.A. anymore than you do. I mean who is gonna just out of the blue start liking them in that area? Sort of like the Nets moving to N.Y.

a lot of faegolas in L.A. already root for them because theyre the closest team. That's such a "small town" move (ie...people from Oklahoma who root for the Cowboys, etc). But there are still a lot more Raiders fans in L.A. than in any other area except maybe Oakland itself.

nvrbdn

well if there is any rams fans left in LA they can have them back so they wont screw up football watching on sundays. we get a rams game and most times one other game. before the lambs came to town we got 4 games during the day.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ponch ®

Quote from: nvrbdn on October 20, 2011, 12:27:48 PM
well if there is any rams fans left in LA they can have them back so they wont screw up football watching on sundays. we get a rams game and most times one other game. before the lambs came to town we got 4 games during the day.

funny you mention that.The Rams were in L.A. for 40+ years, yet they don't generate as much loyalty and passion from the locals as the Raiders do, who were only here for just over a decade. Go figure.

The70RT

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 20, 2011, 12:33:06 PM

funny you mention that.The Rams were in L.A. for 40+ years, yet they don't generate as much loyalty and passion from the locals as the Raiders do, who were only here for just over a decade. Go figure.

Probably people just like the logo, colors and the name better.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on October 20, 2011, 01:02:57 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on October 20, 2011, 12:33:06 PM

Probably people just like the logo, colors and the name better.

Yeah, there's something to that. Even the L.A. Kings went to the Silver and Black scheme in the late 80's because of that. LOL...when I was a kid we werent allowed to wear Raiders or Kings stuff to school for "safety reasons". But the thing about the Raiders and L.A./SoCal is that my generation (people in their mid 20s to late 30s) grew up knowing them as the L.A. Raiders and nothing else for most of our childhood / teenage years, so even by the time they left they'd already left an impression on us as our team - even if they sucked most of those years - and that's why you can't go anywhere in L.A. on a Sunday without seeing people rocking the Silver and Black.