News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

American Pickers

Started by 65post, October 13, 2011, 05:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

So the real question here which was asked not long ago in another topic, are they gay? I say yep  :smilielol:
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: Aero426 on October 14, 2011, 08:32:29 PM
It took years of work by Mike Wolfe to get anyone to bite on the idea.   In the beginning, it was just him on the demo tapes.   Well, they couldn't just have him talking to himself, so that is where Frank came from.   Danielle and the building came after Mike got the deal to do the show.   The money is probably not in what they do, or buy, or resell.  It doesn't matter if they pay too much for the wrong car.   The real money is in the deal they have to do the show.       They have to have people to handle the scouting and prepare for the shoots in advance.   There is no such thing as just driving up to some dudes house and asking to look around, LOL.    You have to remember that this is entertainment. 

Well... I do that all the time.  I just don't record it!  And they let me see their stuff....

Ryan

ACUDANUT

Quote from: dads_69 on October 14, 2011, 10:09:09 PM
So the real question here which was asked not long ago in another topic, are they gay? I say yep  :smilielol:
They never do mention Women or getting lonely ? :scratchchin:

41husk

they have mentioned on many shows the a women was easy on the eye.  I could care less if they are, infact if they are gay, it just leaves more women for the rest of us :nana:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Daytona R/T SE

I got a report today that the pickers were spotted in

Litchfield, Illinois yesterday.....

Lock up your junk!

Old Moparz

The show is okay, but I can only watch them picking through so much of the same stuff over & over. I'll flip channels & leave it on for a bit, then move onto something else, like Jack La Lane's healthy juicing machine. In the beginning it seemed like they were just flippers taking advantage of people. Then there was one episode where they bought a pair of old, hand painted, carnival banners cheap from a guy trying to restore an old amusement park that was vacant, & then damaged during the restoration by a flood. They sold them for over $10,000, then went back to the guy they bought them from & gave him half to put towards the amusement park & changed my view of them.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

dads_69

Ok, well then they are nice gay guys then? None the less, I'm done watching them, they are boring and overreact way to much when they discover something hidden *supposedly*. Give the tall putz' an old Schwinn bicycle and he'd be ecstatic for a week, lol...........
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Old Moparz

Quote from: dads_69 on October 16, 2011, 02:11:03 AM
Ok, well then they are nice gay guys then? None the less, I'm done watching them, they are boring and overreact way to much when they discover something hidden *supposedly*. Give the tall putz' an old Schwinn bicycle and he'd be ecstatic for a week, lol...........

Just imagine how extra ecstatic he'd be if the old Schwinn has an original, flowered basket mounted on the handle bars.  :lol:

I'd be more interested in seeing some of the places they go to in person just to look around. I love old abandoned buildings & junk.  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

41husk

I wouldn't mind them comming in and taking some junk off my hands, but they seem to only cherry pick.  After they left I would still have all my junk and they will be turning a proffit on my treasures.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Ghoste

And they'd do their best to beat you down to giving your stuff away so they could put it on tv and let the whole world know that you were a fool and they were master "pickers".

ACUDANUT

Let's face it. We are all just jealous we can't make a ton of money on TV doing what we love.  I doubt they are gay.  On the other hand, neither of them ever calls home and talk to a wife or girlfriend.  :shruggy:

41husk

I honestly thought tatoo girl was doing mike :shruggy: Then at one point I thought she was doing the other guy :popcrn: Maybe she is doing both :nana: :nana:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

TheAutoArchaeologist

Both guys has g/f's.  They have mentioned that before on the show.

And the Superbird the Pickers didn't find, someone posted it on their facebook page.