News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Superbird Project

Started by chargerman69, June 05, 2019, 04:12:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeeOrange

I stopped and looked at that car in or near Lakeville Ma back in 2000 or 2001. It was sitting in the same spot as the pictures. Dual quad set up on it, it was on a private road, very hard to find. I still have his phone number in my toolbox. Car was rough for sure but real. Had a late 70's Ma inspection sticker on it. He was adamant it was not for sale, had it in high school, same old story.

It's funny; a guy at a car show came up to me to talk about a 70 Super Bee I had at the time and mentioned the Superbird. Told me he was an oil truck delivery driver and that's how he found it on the private road. My buddy and I cruised Lakeville in that Bee until we found it, took several hours.
70 Super Bee FK5 383 4-Speed
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto

Psalm 37:5: Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

bannedbird

Bee: thanks for the year information and neat searching story.
I sent email to owner via Craigslist a few days ago but no reply.  I always need another challenge!
Wording in the add is not clear it is the original block: could mean "originally a 440-6...".
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

BeeOrange

I don't recall if it had the original engine, but it was a V-Code car.

Great car, but a lot of rust! Pretty interesting it's still in the spot, sad really. It's sitting about 40 feet from a garage
70 Super Bee FK5 383 4-Speed
68 GTX RR1 426 Auto
70 Cuda FC7 440 Auto

Psalm 37:5: Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it.

chargervert

Quote from: bannedbird on July 05, 2019, 06:07:23 PM
Quote from: chargervert on July 04, 2019, 02:56:43 PM
The Rhode Island car is a different car. That car was sold about ten years ago. This car has been owned by the current owner since the late 70s. The guy that owned the Rhode Island car currently owns a white U code 440 4 speed Superbird.

chargervert: so your saying the B5 V code in Mass has been owned by same owner since late 1970's?  His ad in Craigslist says it's been sitting for 10-years, so I was thinking he had it only 10-years.  Otherwise maybe he lost his storage space or used the space to store something better 10-years ago!  Thx.

I was just told by friends of mine that looked at the car last year,that they knew the guy who had the car back in the late seventies,and were told that the same guy still owns the car.

bannedbird

Thank you for those reply's and clarification. SB Steve
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85