News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is Cool

Started by DonC1, January 07, 2014, 11:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

The race Boss 429 had a slight advantage over the Hemi straight up.     The Hemi in race configuration was pretty much maxed out after six years.     

But there's more.    Ford track tested a race KC against a Talladega.    The KC seemed way down on power, so they swapped in the Boss 429 engine from the Talladega.   By their calculations the same engine in the KC made 50 less HP, mainly attributed to changes in airflow and static pressure at the cowl.    Remember the '69 body has an exposed cowl (like a 69 Charger)  where the 70 has the duck tail hood hiding the cowl.  The same engine in the Talladega made 628 HP, where in the KC they said 578.    And with a standard 70 Torino front clip installed, 560 HP.   

Ghoste

Thats interesting.  Similar results on the 70 to 71 Mopars I would think?  (not in the numbers so much but in the direction of travel)

myaerocars

If you have a friend who is interested in building a King Cobra clone, then he should contact ME.  :smilielol:

I have one on Craigslist Atlanta for $5,500 built using the same  molds created during the resto of the  Orange Boss 429 KC.   It is under construction and I will not be able to finish it because of failing health.  It is a 302 sportsroof body, nine inch, buckets rebuilt front suspension and all new brakes with boxed upper and lower control arms and subframe  connectors.   Excellent floors  and cowl area.

I owned the molds for almost 10 years and sold them recently. 

Godspeed,
JON
Here is the link  -----------           http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4299405291.html  Read the ad.

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on January 23, 2014, 10:26:11 AM
Thats interesting.  Similar results on the 70 to 71 Mopars I would think?  (not in the numbers so much but in the direction of travel)

The Mopars also encountered trouble with the upturned hood on the '71-up cars.