News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 Superbirds from the woods in South Carolina

Started by gymratt30, October 30, 2011, 09:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boss429kiwi

To me, this is simply the best car story I have had the plessure to experience.
I love the local legend story, the outcome and ultimately the father and Son connection............outstanding!  :2thumbs:  
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: gymratt30 on October 16, 2013, 09:40:35 AM
Not gonna get into the whole re-body or still considered the same car argument...because to ME...the car IS the same car, it retains its original frame, basic structure, engine, tranny, rearend, etc., It dosent bother me one bit if people consider it a rebody, re pop, or real bird...ITS MY CAR... it wont be for sale, ( at least in my lifetime, and its built for driving,...it only matters to the "pureist" that it has had most of the metal replaced, )in MY book,  its was a SUPERBIRD, AND WILL ALWAYS BE A SUPERBIRD.

got to ask..... if your dad or a family member was in a bad accident and had to have artificial legs and arms put on......would they STILL be your dad?..... just food for thought... (cause these cars are my "kids" now)
:iagree:  with you.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mytur Binsdirti

got to ask..... if your dad or a family member was in a bad accident and had to have artificial legs and arms put on......would they STILL be your dad?..... just

If you threw that same dad (with no arms or legs) into a lake, would his name happen to be Bob?   :shruggy:

Lighthorseman

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 16, 2013, 08:01:48 PM

got to ask..... if your dad or a family member was in a bad accident and had to have artificial legs and arms put on......would they STILL be your dad?..... just

If you threw that same dad (with no arms or legs) into a lake, would his name happen to be Bob?   :shruggy:
...and would he still be a man, or is he now a buoy?  :eek2:

472 R/T SE

Or or or a power buoy.
From what I understand they want to be as "green" about this as possible.

Some of these new fancy devices are on the OR/WA coast line.  The crane rental place I worked at is setting them.  Thousands of feet of boom to reach out there.  Couple million lbs. of counterweight, quite the site.   ;)

gymratt30

Dec update pics
"2 superbirds sittin side by side"

JB400

The work looks good :cheers:

On another note, that's the first Superbird nose I've seen that's rusted to pieces.  Most I've seen on here have been mildly customized though from run ins with other vehicles though.

gymratt30

more..

gymratt30

more...

gymratt30

engine

gymratt30

last for tonight.... going in the paint booth for primer..
going back EW1 for sure!

gymratt30

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

gymratt30

hemi68charger

Looks great Mike !!!  Is yours an early 'Bird? Not sure if it has been mentioned or discussed in this thread, but the fan should be a direct drive fan, not a clutch....... It was discovered, via the problems of the Daytonas in the previous year to 6 months prior to Superbird release, the clutch fan wasn't cutting it I guess, hence Mopar Engineers redirection to the direct drive 223 fan for Superbirds..

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71134.0.html
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

gymratt30

gymratt30

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 09, 2013, 11:09:53 PM
Looks great Mike !!!  Is yours an early 'Bird? Not sure if it has been mentioned or discussed in this thread, but the fan should be a direct drive fan, not a clutch....... It was discovered, via the problems of the Daytonas in the previous year to 6 months prior to Superbird release, the clutch fan wasn't cutting it I guess, hence Mopar Engineers redirection to the direct drive 223 fan for Superbirds..

Thanks for the "heads up" Troy, Ill send Mark a message on that ....whole lot easier to change now than when in the car..lol

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: gymratt30 on December 10, 2013, 08:10:06 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 09, 2013, 11:09:53 PM

Thanks for the "heads up" Troy, Ill send Mark a message on that ....whole lot easier to change now than when in the car..lol

\
Mike,
might be hard to find the exact "223" fan, but I believe the "224" are out there... Bascially the same thing except the 224 doesn't have the blade sandwiched between two flanges and riveted, just one. You should be able to find direct drive fans for 26" rads and spacer..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

gymratt30

thanks for the kind words guys,

Troy, sent a message to mark this morning.
Thanks again for imput!

hemi*guy

The bird is looking great! Mark is moving right along on a few projects,hopefully he starts working on mine a little more.  :cheers:

Guy