News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Charger drip rail - adjustments - Your thoughts

Started by Daytona Guy, November 02, 2011, 03:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

How have you guys handled the 71 Charger drip rail discrepancies? Laying that front edge of the lid on that flat surface (A) will not be easy to match the exact contour of the truck to it??????

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

I didn't have any problem using the 3rd gen dutchman. I made sure that I didn't cut the front lip area on the deck lid until everything was in place since it has to be slightly longer to compensate for the additional width of the trough areas. I washed the car several times before Allen picked it up. Seems that the gasket was sitting in the correct place against the bottom of the deck lid. You're aligning the ledge on the 3rd gen dutchman where the gasket is attached with the original ledges so it almost has to be in the correct place. I did have the change the bow in the dutchman slightly to match the contour of the deck lid.
Allen, have you had any problems with the trunk leaking?

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Daytona Guy

Do you have close up pics of the corner. The first step down is so shallow.

Dane

hotrod98

I looked through my pics and I didn't take any closeups. Maybe Allen could take a few pics for you. It wasn't so deep that I couldn't make a lip on the front edge of the deck lid. I was very happy with the results.
Oh, I just remembered. I overlapped the vega plug and made a lip on the rear edge of it that dropped down into the dutchman. That made the first step taller and narrower as well. Does that make sense? I wish I had taken better pics.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams