News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

**UPDATE**She's Home.Another 71 in the body shop

Started by NHCharger, January 18, 2006, 09:59:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHCharger

My 71 has been wearing the same crappy paint job since I bought her 10 years ago. The rust finally broke thru in front of the rear wheels so it was time.
I took her over to the body shop in mid November for the rust repair. That took one week. I brought her home to disassemble and waited for the body shop to call. Here she is getting loaded for the ride back to the shop.
I posted some of these pics in the general section last month. Charger Fan made fun of my seat and strap on gas tank.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Unfortunately I don't get over to the shop enough.
He found some shoddy repair work on the front fender the he had to dig out.
The passenger side had a close encounter with a guard rail early in her life. He had to remove the old filler and repair it. He had it all done before I could get back to take pics of it.
He's hoping to squirt some paint on it sometime this week end.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

haueter66

beenaround

golden73

lookin good, what color are you going to paint it?

NHCharger

Back at the shop today. These pics were 8AM.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

Back at the shop at 5 PM. He had the car down in the paint booth and had just put on the sealer. Had the hood, trunk lid and valances all painted yesterday. Was cutting and buffing this afternoon. He said I'll have the car back by the end of next week.
I mentioned that several people commented on how fast the car was coming along, today is day 36. I think he thought that I was insinuating that some people think he is cutting corners. He said my Charger had very little rot compared to the other old cars he has done. Also he works 10-11 hours a day, six days a week. He has a helper that works about 30 hours a week. I have also noticed that he'll give you a 10 minute window to talk and BS, after that he turns and goes back to work.
I post some finish pics when I get the car home, my camera doesn't take good pics inside his shop.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Beer

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Shakey

mopar_madman

looks great can't wait to see it all done.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

NHCharger

Well, I picked her up this afternoon. I think she looks purty. The wife of the bodyshop owner wanted to know why Anyone would paint a car that color, must be a guy color.
Here's a few pics when I picked her up, before the ride home over the wet salt-encrusted roads ::)
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

NHCharger

A few more pics. He sprayed a bedliner coating on the floors and trunk. He said on the other old cars he's done it to it made a big difference on reducing the road noise. I also like the fact I don't have to worry about any moisture under the carpet or in the trunk causing any problems down the road. I know this might upset the paint dab and grease mark guys, but  I plan on driving the car not worshiping it.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TruckDriver

Looks great!  :yesnod: Who signed the inside of the trunk lid?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Beer

LOOKS GREAT!

LOL wait till she sees the purple I want to do mine in  :icon_smile_big:

I may being going to Mass for a lil business venture, I may pass by a pay you a visit first week in Feb if ya don't mind :yesnod:

Cheers
Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Silver R/T

one the left door is that something reflecting or what, looks like dent to me. Other than that nice color and looks straight
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

haueter66

69pistolgripRT

Silver- do you really think there is going to be a dent in a freshly painted car leaving the shop? You don't think they would fix that before taking the car home? Do you think your comment is relevant? .....do I think you are an idiot?

some questions for thought.

Looks great...Can't wait to see it finished. :2thumbs:
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

4402tuff4u

Very nice looking Charger! Can't wait to have mine at that point and looking like that.

Silver, that's the reflection of a street sign or something distorted reflection on the curvature of the door. No dent.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Charger_Fan

I know where the dent is...Silver's fraking cranium! :crazy:

Damn, that body guy is fast. Looks like he did a fantastic job, I bet you're pretty excited! :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Shakey

Brian your car looks awesome.  I still think about the story of you driving it home for the first time.

BTW guys - I also looked twice at the door in first photo.

NHCharger

Thanks for the positive comments guys.
DCG- That was Geoff and Todd Bodine. I met them at a friends race party several years ago.Todd tried to talk me into doing donuts on my friends front lawn :D BTW, I haven't forgot about the pics of my dash pad from Just Dashes, I'll have it for you this week end.
Beer, come on down, being self employed I can make my own hours.
Total time in the shop, 43 days. Like I mentioned earlier, he works 60+ hours a week, and only works on one car at a time.
Yeah those pics are deceiving. The 3rd gens have a big curve on the sides, the drivers side had the sun beating on it which caused that area on the door to look weird.
Total cost was $ 5,330.00 in case anyone is curious.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Goldfinger71

Boy,it's coming along great!Keep the pics coming! :yesnod:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

chargervert

That came out great! Keep us posted,with some final assembly pics!

Highbanked Hauler

Looks great Brian real decent price to,have to catch up with you before I unass New England.    Al
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser