News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tuning my edelbrock 600 cfm question...

Started by 71seguy, November 09, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71seguy

hey guys mioght be a dumb question but i recently installed a edelbrock 600 cfm carb on a edelbrock performer manifold . im having a prob adjusting my idle . i adjusted the idle screw on the drivers side of the carb but the idle wont change . i thought it might have been the slide on the linkage was maxed out but theres still room so i dont know ? thanks ... :brickwall: :shruggy:

bobs66440

You're not adjusting the idle mixture screw, right? Those are on the left and right side of the front of the carb. The idle screw you should be adjusting is this one (normal idle). Make sure the screw is making contact with the arm.

71bee

:iagree:  

1) the two idle mixture screws are located directly on the front of the carb. carefully turn them both clock-wise until they bottom out (stop). don't force the screws. then back each screw out 2 1/2 full turns counter clock-wise. next, with engine running @ normal operating temp, turn both screws clockwise @ 1/4 turn increments until you start to notice a little hesitation or sluggishness. then back each screw out (counter clockwise) 1/4 turn at a time until you notice the engine running smooth again. last, turn each screw an additional 1/4 turn counter-clockwise. MIXTURE IS SET

2) next, the "curb idle" or "main idle" screw is always located in the front area of the drivers side in front of the throttle linkage. this screw will lower & raise your idle. sounds like you may already know this?

If this is common knowledge to you, & I am misunderstanding the question, I apologise in advance.  ;)

71seguy

no i was adjusting the normal idle screw...i didnt know about the fast idle screw , thanks

Chryco Psycho

you must have a blockage in either the idle mix passage or the air bleed making it unresponsive

71seguy

no its all good now got it ...it was just the fast idle screw ...purrs like a kitten still gatta adjust the mixture right tho  :2thumbs: