News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brickyard 400 Aero Cars 2012

Started by Aero426, November 22, 2011, 10:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kismgby

To be honest I have started the car 4 times since it has been here, and other than the one trip of 4 miles to the gas station a week after it got here it has not left the garage. It was tempting to drive it but it's not mine so I will not take it for any joy rides without permission.
[/quote]

No biggie.  Just remember POWER drums and MANUAL steering.   :2thumbs:

@AERO426....sometimes I, too, wonder if it's still for sale or not...   :popcrn:   :shruggy:

But enough of hijacking this thread.   :rotz:

Daytona Guy

Being in Oregon, is there a way to ship my Daytona by train - and fly and pick it up there and then ship it back when done. Any ideas?????

Dane

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on March 03, 2012, 03:29:29 AM
Being in Oregon, is there a way to ship my Daytona by train - and fly and pick it up there and then ship it back when done. Any ideas?????

Dane
:2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Dane

If I am reading it right, Amtrak only has the Auto Train from Washington DC to Florida.   

moparstuart

Dane
are you stuck on using train ? is it cheaper or something ??  with time not being a factor im sure you can find a decent rate with someone dead heading back that way  ????   

69 DAYTONA

...I live about 40 miles east of Indy and have a very big, clean, secure garage...if you needed, the car could be shipped here and kept here until you arrived...and the same after the show, it could rest here until it is picked up by your transporter

Kismgby

I just might be able to fly up and make this one if I can find a hotel/airfare combo that won't kill my pocket.

Mopurr

Try the mirotel that is just in front of the sams club where all the trailers parked, earlier they had rates of $115 or so depending on how many staying.

We are staying there and I think a few others too.

Kismgby

GRRR.  Looks like finding a flight back to Tampa is getting to be a problem for Sunday.
So....if I only came out for Friday & Saturday...worth the trip and $$$?  Don't need to do laps...just need to socialize!
Thoughts?

hemi68charger

Quote from: Kismgby on May 16, 2012, 10:42:39 AM
GRRR.  Looks like finding a flight back to Tampa is getting to be a problem for Sunday.
So....if I only came out for Friday & Saturday...worth the trip and $$$?  Don't need to do laps...just need to socialize!
Thoughts?

Stay the extra day.. Spend more time with your Daytona..  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

it is worth just the two days for sure

Mopurr

ditto on Stuart's comment, yes two days there are worth it, Sunday laps will most likely be limited number of cars anyway and should have Sat. Lap.

Kismgby

Apparently good vibes were due to me and I'll BE THERE!   :2thumbs:

I'm WAY too excited! 

WARNING!  I just may get a little emotional...

Mopurr

Yipppeeee, Joanne is gonna make it.

Indy better watch out now hadn't they......lol

Aero426

Spoke to the track yesterday.   Everything is still go.   They want us to display Friday, Sat and Sunday.   There will be a registration form just like last year.    The track will provide up to four weekend passes per show car.    It is anticipated the track lap will be Sunday immediately before the race.    This is not yet cast in stone, but it is what the marketing department wants to do.    Should know more early next week.   

If you need RV or trailer parking across the street from the race track, please let me know.     Otherwise, trailers can stay at the motels. 

Aero426

Parade lap has been confirmed for Sunday, race morning.    If they do like they did last year, it will take place immediately before the race with lots of people in the stands.

notabird

Anyone have a room they could share?
Brent

Aero426

Quote from: notabird on July 09, 2012, 08:04:28 AM
Anyone have a room they could share?
Brent

Chuck Porter is going with his friend Terry Flynn.   Chuck says you are welcome to room with them. 

notabird

Thanks Doug and Chuck---still in planning stage so I might be there.
Brent

70Sbird

Well it looks like my insane streak of luck is continuing surrounding my Superbird and regional events! Now in addition to a car with hot starting issues and oil burning to contend with, work is getting in my way of attending Indy this year.  :brickwall:
It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it unless I swing by on Sunday for a few hours.
That being said, I have not cancelled my room yet. I have a room with 2 queen beds reserved at the Wingate for Thursday - Saturday. If anyone needs a room please let me know. I'll probably cancel by this weekend if No one needs it.

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on July 10, 2012, 12:19:12 PM
Well it looks like my insane streak of luck is continuing surrounding my Superbird and regional events! Now in addition to a car with hot starting issues and oil burning to contend with, work is getting in my way of attending Indy this year.  :brickwall:
It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it unless I swing by on Sunday for a few hours.
That being said, I have not cancelled my room yet. I have a room with 2 queen beds reserved at the Wingate for Thursday - Saturday. If anyone needs a room please let me know. I'll probably cancel by this weekend if No one needs it.

bummer ,  I am having issues too , i hope to still make it but may not also 

Mopurr

Hey Scott, I just called the Wingate to get a room there instead of the other hotel and they did not have any with 2 beds for Thurs night,

So, I want your Room :)

Mopurr

So Call me, please to get this lined up

Sherri

Mopurr

Shirley Moats that had lined the hotel up, just called me that she has been working on getting the rate lowered......

the Wingate has agreed to

$125 per night, with no minimum night requirement

Those that already had reservations are suppose to be automatically changed to that rate.

Hotel # 317-243-8310

I called a few minutes ago and they did not have any double rooms for Thurs. night but did for Friday & Sat.

If problems with the rate, ask for Liz or Lisa

Aero426

I received the registration form from Katie Schultz yesterday and have emailed it to anyone I knew was thinking about coming.   If you have not received the form,  contact me right away.

The form needs to be turned around and received by IMS by the 18th.