News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger 500 @ R&R Auto Salvage from mid 90s

Started by StoneCold, November 23, 2011, 07:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: red69superbee on November 24, 2011, 11:12:45 PM
The charger R/T in those pics i got in 2001 from R&R and went back a few times after that.The guy from mopar city was there rounding up stuff.I just gave 300 dollars for it and a pickup bed full of parts.Didnt realize it was an R/T till i got home with it.I had just picked the best body out of the cars there and got it.
wow i hope you like dark green cars   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

StoneCold

Aero426

Here's the Hemi 500 that later burned and suppossedly went to R & R.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

red69superbee

Tahnks guys, apparently i do like dark green,  ha ha,,,The charger r/t is actually the odd ball,it f 3.......

moparstuart

Quote from: red69superbee on November 25, 2011, 09:41:45 PM
Tahnks guys, apparently i do like dark green,  ha ha,,,The charger r/t is actually the odd ball,it f 3.......
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Aero426 on November 25, 2011, 06:33:23 PM
Here's the Hemi 500 that later burned and suppossedly went to R & R.

What's a Himi ? (referencing to the lettering on the rear)

Mopar John

Doug,
Thanks for posting the picture of Kyle's old Hemi 500! It brings back memories of the salvage yard! I remember all the other old cars that were part of that storage area like the early 60's Lincoln next to the 500.
  I wonder how much damage the 500 incurred during it's stay there? A quick look shows it's missing the rear end, the trunk is unlatched and the door glass is down! Does anyone know if the Hemi was in it when it was brought in?
Mopar John

CornDogsCharger

Awesome Pictures!!!  I'd love to see scans of each picture. 

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

moparstuart

dads_69

There was a 500 20 plus years in a wrecking yard here, Bronze color 440 car. In 2005 or so I bought the roof/back window off of it but sold it before completeing my Daytona clone project, besides I used a Vega rear window rear filler anywho. Deck lid was gone before I got to it, car was hit by a train in front, so wasn't a lot left of the car which is why I cut off what was needed, not sure if what is left of it is still there or not.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: red69superbee on November 24, 2011, 09:02:02 PM
ok, lets try again with the pics.My charger 500, charger r/t, coronet r/t and my coronet 500 that was my first car a got in 1982

Cool,  I might have photos still when it was for sale along the road in front of RR, if so I will post.   

(Not the cheapest at the time as I recall, but a very rare obtainable car for sure.... I was in that stack which looked at the two he had at that time :popcrn: :'()  oh to have a crystal ball....and Jay Leno's money :lol: :lol:

Daytona R/T SE

I took these pictures of the 500 at R&R Slobe back in '91 (Might have been '92? :shruggy:)

StoneCold

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 29, 2011, 08:50:21 PM
I took these pictures of the 500 at R&R Slobe back in '91 (Might have been '92? :shruggy:)

Thanks for posting!  :2thumbs:

XS29LA47V21

:o  man that is disavow for sure seeing your photos, that is funny, that is where they sat in my head, just bought my first new car (318 extended cab Dakota scalded ape for the day), my photos are just about just like those, now I have to find them.  I reasonably sure I was there in 92-93, I think I offered 4500 as declined (priced at 6k-6500 sound right).     ;D

red69superbee

thats cool, im guessing thats my car there, as it had been there since 1986.. The pic i have of it is close to that place up front

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on November 29, 2011, 10:11:46 PM

:o  man that is disavow for sure seeing your photos, that is funny, that is where they sat in my head, just bought my first new car (318 extended cab Dakota scalded ape for the day), my photos are just about just like those, now I have to find them.  I reasonably sure I was there in 92-93, I think I offered 4500 as declined (priced at 6k-6500 sound right).     ;D

If you look real close, you can see the driver's side "A" pillar is smashed, and the windshield broken.

I asked where you could find a replacement molding ?

He said I've got one I'll throw in with the car...

The price he told me that day?....

$4500 :slap: :brickwall:

Dave Kanofsky

Wow, there are some old memories - I was at Ron Slobe's in 1989.  I bought a '70 SuperBee from him in 1988 after meeting him at the Nat's that year. 

I was visiting U of M at Rolla, so we stopped in at his place and got the grand tour of the pole barn, the fields, his basement, etc.  He was a great man that is surely missed.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

red69superbee

I was there the first time about 89 or so, just wanted a set of heads, drove up there and asked about some cars in front.I was in my 69 coronet so he asked if i had some time that he had other cars to show me,So waited a bit and got the full tour and was impressed i glad i got to see everything.And your right, he was a super nice guy!!

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: red69superbee on November 30, 2011, 12:14:14 AM
I was there the first time about 89 or so, just wanted a set of heads, drove up there and asked about some cars in front.I was in my 69 coronet so he asked if i had some time that he had other cars to show me,So waited a bit and got the full tour and was impressed i glad i got to see everything.And your right, he was a super nice guy!!

For what is worth looking through all my car show and salvage yard mass photos from the 90 was over due, I took nearly a roll of 35mm in there, cool cars for sure conv chall, AARs, etc.  The wife seems to think it was 1994-5.  Scanned some, need to find an easy way to copy 35 negs to good quality jpgs, is there anywhere to do that.  Anycase here is a couple I took and have a couple enlarged framed in my garage in B&W (necessary garage art)

If I am remembering correctly.. he had priced a nice green 500 or maybe it was a hemi RT in the shop behind the office with a stack of nice cars in the mid teens, the one along the one road here.  Also recall he had a blue 500/daytona at his house I think, never saw that one (out of my price range at the time).

XS29LA47V21

couple more

CornDogsCharger

Oh wow! That is amazing to see so many high end cars sitting around like they were nothing. I would have loved to have gone there back then. Granted, I was a teenager then and wouldn't have been able to afford anything  if I wanted it. Thanks for posting.

As for scanning the negatives, I have a negative scanner and it works well. I think you can take them to Walmart or somewhere similar that develops film and they can make a photo cd for you.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

nvrbdn

that yard wasnt really that bad priced. the last trip i made there i picked up a rear seat and a few interior pieces, a rear bumper, front bumper for my 70 and paid 125.00. the trip was made because my buddies car caught fire while his uncle was welding a quarter panel on with the interior in. the roof got damaged bad and all the interior. he got a roof cut off a 72 charger,back seat door panels front and rear, center console and windshield plus knobs and things that got damaged all for 375.00. of course i think the days were numbered at that point. we took lunch down there with us and parked between the rows of chargers and went through picking parts and enjoying the day. didnt know it would be my last visit. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

arrow

John Pappas ( 5 star productions ) did a great vidio of R&R Salvage back in 89 ? or so , bet he has it on DVD now , if you want to see an amazing  mopar collection , he recorded it !!!