News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

#97 Paradise car

Started by xxcarguy, November 27, 2011, 01:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxcarguy

The picture of the car coming out of the gate at Riverside was in Modesto when I found it. The address was Paradise Rd and in front of the rear wheel it said Modesto Ca. I did not know a lot of these old pics existed. Thanks for posting.

CornDogsCharger

Cool.  Is this the same Paradise Road they raced at on the "American Graffiti" movie?  I remember hearing that when they made the movie, they wanted it as accurate as possible.  Wonder if it was a hot spot back in the day.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

djcarguy

:popcrn: :drool5:  any one have more pics and info ???   saw some pics of found inback yard and loaded to haul home..then what fixed ,restoryed with wing and noze or stock charger???    well what is the rest of the story,goodnight      thanks

xxcarguy

It was finished

djcarguy

:popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5:   i tryed searching web alot days ago for more info and pics..   sure looking million times better,more pics and where is car now days..  cool lov the race style and most all mopars with wings.  me ,i would rather see 10 clones and race cars and even wrong year and body style clones and customs than 1 stock ,plain ,correct wing car that never gets out and about. i am into cars that can and are driven and enjoyed and shared or showed to the people...thanks

xxcarguy

we finished this car in the garage and 3 days after we got it running and smogged(Ca.) drove to los Angles, then on to Detroit with Hot Rod on Power Tour in 97. Still have the long haul award.

C5X DAYTONA

Here it is 5 months ago.   The Hemi broke a rod.     
Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

C5X DAYTONA

Hey XX.  Here is my silver Daytona that is red now.

xxcarguy

I was just real surprised anyone would know or care of this car. Is it back in California now?

Ghoste

On this website?  This is the home of Charger care.

C5X DAYTONA

XX.   Here is your car.  Do you know the story on the front end?

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: xxcarguy on November 27, 2011, 02:31:21 PM
  I was just real surprised anyone would know or care of this car. Is it back in California now?
Yes,  Indio CA

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: Ghoste on November 27, 2011, 02:33:37 PM
On this website?  This is the home of Charger care.
Total Charger Car Care :cheers:

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: xxcarguy on November 27, 2011, 02:22:48 PM
we finished this car in the garage and 3 days after we got it running and smogged(Ca.) drove to los Angles, then on to Detroit with Hot Rod on Power Tour in 97. Still have the long haul award.
That's awesome.   I saw a shot of it in Hot Rod Magazine or one of those and was like AWESOME.   It's still around.   I had did a DMV search on the old plates but nothing came up...

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: xxcarguy on November 27, 2011, 01:28:32 PM
The picture of the car coming out of the gate at Riverside was in Modesto when I found it. The address was Paradise Rd and in front of the rear wheel it said Modesto Ca. I did not know a lot of these old pics existed. Thanks for posting.
That is crazy that it was parked in Modesto CA.    A very good friend (RIP) Bill Conn lived in Modesto and had a real race #7 McCoy/Conn Daytona and a street 69 500 that his parents purchased new.  Bill took me all around to see all the wing cars.  And there were quite a few.   I would of went nuts if I would off seen the 97 car again.

xxcarguy

Bill conn and Jack Mc Coy let me use there Hilton Charger car as a sample car to make sure #97 looked like it came off the track 1969

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: xxcarguy on November 27, 2011, 02:46:21 PM
Bill conn and Jack Mc Coy let me use there Hilton Charger car as a sample car to make sure #97 looked like it came off the track 1969
Man,  I talked to Bill all the time.  Miss that guy.  Still upset about all that took place.     We even took our Daytona's racing.   He spun the #7 car in turn 1 at Willow right when I was on his bumper.  That was a blast.   But he never said anything to me about the 97 car.   And he was always full of great info.   I am the one who got his 500 Back on the road.  But that was 2005.    I took this picture the day I was out there in 1995

xxcarguy

I spent alot of time with him and at Jacks shop in 1996

xxcarguy

Jack Mc Coy told me the front of the 97 daytona came off the car that Paradise sponsored. Jack said he hit the side of the race car about the time noses and wings were coming off. So the antiqye store put it on a stock 70 charger and used it for advertising. When the front was hit they sold it to the fellow I got it from.

xxcarguy

C5X DAYTONA

Quote from: xxcarguy on November 27, 2011, 03:04:09 PM
Jack Mc Coy told me the front of the 97 daytona came off the car that Paradise sponsored. Jack said he hit the side of the race car about the time noses and wings were coming off. So the antiqye store put it on a stock 70 charger and used it for advertising. When the front was hit they sold it to the fellow I got it from.
Did Paradise Antiques sponsor a Grand National West Car?   Someone raced a Daytona in that series?  The fenders on the 97 car are street fenders though.  They have the screens in them.     

xxcarguy

They also have the part numbers printed on them. The nose was welded to the fenders when I got it. The valance also had noles for the marker lights. I dont think they were on a winston west car. That is what Jack said.

xxcarguy

Is the flat hood still on the car now that you have it?

xxcarguy

How did it go fron the Carolinas to Indigo?

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701