News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What has been your longest road trip in your Charger?

Started by Kern Dog, April 27, 2024, 03:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topher

I drove my car to Carlisle in '12. 1,000-ish miles round trip. Black on black and no a/c was a little uncomfortable in the July heat.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Kern Dog

The brick was in the car when I bought it. I don't know why Tom left it in the car.

DAY CLONA

When I restore an "old" vehicle, it's completely gone thru with quality parts and workmanship, so I have no issues with long haul trips, I took my 1970 Daytona down to the Year One meet from Massachusetts to Florida, drove 1500 miles non stop (other than gas stops) ran 70 to 100+ mph the entire way in about 20 hrs straight...hit the show, then the road course track, tore up the track, did a photo shoot for a magazine, then drove home another 1500 miles non-stop (again other than gas stops)....and a few HotRod Power tours over the years avg about 4000+ miles round trip, I only had one break down on a Power Tour when my "big buck professional" resto alternator seized a bearing as it couldn't take the extended high RPM and hours of running, luckily I had a small tub of spare parts in the trunk (starter/alt/coil/belts/oil/filter/etc) to do a quick road side swap

MikeG

Kern Dog

That is great.
If you have the money to go through everything on the car, that does help. I know that I've spent some money on stuff and also reused some old stuff too. I don't have an unlimited amount of money so some things are still original. I haven't replaced wiper bushings or pivot seals in my car and they are original. They keep working.

Polygon

Nacho, when you took it on the road trip I bet it was very attention getting..
www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

Kern Dog

I drove 180+ miles yesterday to Modesto and back. ZERO problems except for the dang A/C!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Polygon on May 15, 2024, 04:18:51 PMNacho, when you took it on the road trip I bet it was very attention getting..

Sure... in fact in one of them I was with a really pretty friend of mine and while I was on a gas station filling the tank she kept into the car waiting and heard one guy saying "look that hottie girl" and his friend told after that, FORGETT THE CHICK, LOOK AT THE CAR!

(She heard those comments and laugh, then she told me)

LOL.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

One of the trips to Maracaibo was to a car show and won a throphy for the best muscle car of the show
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Todd Wilson

Back in about 1989-90 I drove my 71 on a 900 mile round trip back home for a family reunion. Was my only vehicle then.

Then about 5-6 yrs later my van was acting up during a major job change and I had to drive my 71 prolly 700 miles round trip back to class after completing on the job training at home.

Todd

moparstuart

Quote from: 69hemibeep on May 02, 2024, 08:12:42 AMAround the block twice but then again its still a project.
keeping  the miles low so when i inherit its pristine  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 16, 2024, 01:12:55 PMOne of the trips to Maracaibo was to a car show and won a throphy for the best muscle car of the show

You should drive it to Carlisle.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Kern Dog

I'd like to reduce some of the road noise in mine. I get this way after a road trip. I often feel frazzled and overstimulated like you'd get after running a chain saw or jack hammer for several hours.
It isn't the tires. The floor has sound deadener matting and carpet. I have a complete interior.
Sometimes windows UP or down, the noise is a lot to take. I suspect the engine is a large part of it. I have a big solid lifter cam that does create a lot of engine noise. Underhood, there is a huge difference between this car and others with milder hydraulic camshafts. I've considered stepping down from this cam so maybe this may be one way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 17, 2024, 02:08:07 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 16, 2024, 01:12:55 PMOne of the trips to Maracaibo was to a car show and won a throphy for the best muscle car of the show

You should drive it to Carlisle.

Would be great if I was millionaire LOL

Old Moparz

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on May 20, 2024, 05:04:49 PMWould be great if I was millionaire LOL

Put it on a credit card & ignore the bills.  :lol:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Kern Dog

Again, the road noise does wear on me after awhile. Newer cars sure were built with a greater emphasis on reducing interior noise.
Maybe though...I haven't had a car with a totally stock engine and single exhaust system in years. Maybe a stock car is a lot quieter on the road than the cars I'm used to driving.
A slant six Valiant with single exhaust may be a lot quieter than mine even without sound deadening mats.
How much noise is trapped in the roof? That is the only place that I don't have any of the matting because I wasn't willing to remove the headliner to do it.