News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission/pinion angle issue... '68 Charger shakes hard on the freeway. Help!

Started by ncmiller1, December 07, 2011, 02:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobs66440

I agree with Mike and elacruze. Especially since you are feeling it mostly in the steering wheel.  :2thumbs:

It doesn't apply here, but as a side note, the only time you would need a residual valve to the front in this situation is if it's on a hot rod or similar where the master cylinder is located under the floor board (lower than the calipers/wheel cylinders). They would then be used to keep the fluid from gravity bleeding back to the master cylinder.

ncmiller1

Well, looks like it was the residual pressure valve.  Thanks musicman and elacruze! Once i pulled it out, almost all the shaking disappeared.  I say almost because there is still a little shaking when I brake, so now I have to see if I warped the rotors due to overheating them.  Still very happy though!

bobs66440

Quote from: ncmiller1 on December 27, 2011, 07:22:30 PM
there is still a little shaking when I brake, so now I have to see if I warped the rotors due to overheating them. 
Yep, that's what it sounds like. Good call guys.  :2thumbs:

charger Downunder

Great to see it fixed but who put this in.
This is due to the fact that there is a 2 psi check valve installed in the brake line going to the front calipers from the master cylinder.
[/quote]

Chryco Psycho

Using a drum brake master on a disc brake system can cause the problem , thee is a residual pressure valve behind the brass flare insert in the master but iit has to be removed for disc brakes

charger Downunder

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 27, 2011, 08:22:01 PM
Using a drum brake master on a disc brake system can cause the problem , thee is a residual pressure valve behind the brass flare insert in the master but iit has to be removed for disc brakes
Thanks always learning new things.
[/quote]

Chryco Psycho

you can remove the brass insert with a drywall screw & pull outthe rubber residual pressure valve & re-install the brass insert