News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 charger registry ?

Started by XS29L, December 10, 2011, 12:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

cdr

Quote from: XS29L on March 19, 2012, 05:17:02 PM
Waiting patiently ,  you ? 
yep same as you im just not as patient,but i am learning,OH hey mr dan,i was just melting some lead out of the lower qtr panel on my none registered 1968 dodge charger & thought of you lol ,have a great week  ;D :popcrn:            charlie keel
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hd4406z

Charle I have wondering the same thing, maybe you have a good idea with getting us here in Texas rounded up first.
YIPEY CAYAY
68 Charger R/T 440 Auto
68 Charger R/T (Clone) 440 4 speed
2006 Daytona Charger Go Mango
2005 Daytona Ram Go Mango
2009 Challenger R/T Classic B5

cdr

Quote from: hd4406z on March 20, 2012, 07:33:00 PM
Charle I have wondering the same thing, maybe you have a good idea with getting us here in Texas rounded up first.
YIPEY CAYAY
yep but gotta let people know about it      http://www.facebook.com/groups/2ndgenchargerstexas/              2ndgenchargerstexas@groups.facebook.com       
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

Joshua

What is the actual "point" for having a registry???

Just curious is all.....

cdr

Quote from: Joshua on March 20, 2012, 08:50:38 PM
What is the actual "point" for having a registry???

Just curious is all.....
go look at 1969 dodge charger registry then you might understand

Dans 68

Per an appropriate on-line definition - To set down in writing; record: "It is for the historian to discover and register what actually happened" (Robert Conquest). (Emphasis is mine)

I believe that a registry could document our cars in all regards, for the benefit of current and future owners/participants. Right now lots of detail with regards to these cars are discussed in this forum, and many others, but have not been brought together in any single accessible format to refer to and utilize. Look at the '69 and '70 Charger registries to see, in the proverbial nutshell, what gems of information they contain.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

cdr

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 20, 2012, 09:15:36 PM
Per an appropriate on-line definition - To set down in writing; record: "It is for the historian to discover and register what actually happened" (Robert Conquest). (Emphasis is mine)

I believe that a registry could document our cars in all regards, for the benefit of current and future owners/participants. Right now lots of detail with regards to these cars are discussed in this forum, and many others, but have not been brought together in any single accessible format to refer to and utilize. Look at the '69 and '70 Charger registries to see, in the proverbial nutshell, what gems of information they contain.

Dan

thats why your in charge :yesnod:    CHARGER

Bossman963

well without going through 4 pages of responses- is the 68 Charger registery alive or not ???
if so I would regsitor my 2 Owner 68 Charger- calif car with 15K miles :2thumbs: :pity: :scratchchin:
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

Dans 68

The Official 1968DodgeChargerRegistry is not yet born, as there is a lot yet to be done. In the interim if you feel the need to share your '68's registry information (vin, owners name, address, fender tag info (photo), and any other information you deem appropriate) please do so at the email address shown below my post. Thank you for your patience.  ;)

Dan

Joshua

Quote from: Dans 68 on March 20, 2012, 09:15:36 PM

Dan

Ah..ok.....so it would be useful for a guy who bought a Charger but doesn't know anything about them.....I get that.
But to "register" it??? :shruggy: To to see how many are "left"?

I "personally" feel no need to "document" my car for others.....the OG window sticker and build sheet does just fine by me..... :cheers:

PS.....hope I'm not offending anyone with my "ignorance"......

Ghoste

The larger benefits come later on when buying and selling them.  Unlike the GG Registry where information seems to be bought, sold and misconstrued (whether his fault or not) registries such as the Shelby one for example become a great tool for anyone wanting to authenticate the history of their car.

Troy

The registries also help with reconstructing the past. Since Mopar lost many records, the registries can semi-accurately predict the breakdown of options and cars sold. They also help identify when particular changes may have taken effect. Even if you personally don't see any value, it can certainly help the hobby as a whole. Lastly, they help identify bogus cars or cars with a shady history. If you were buying one it would be nice to know if it had any secrets before you forked over a pile of cash.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Troy on March 23, 2012, 08:50:09 AM
The registries also help with reconstructing the past. Since Mopar lost many records, the registries can semi-accurately predict the breakdown of options and cars sold. They also help identify when particular changes may have taken effect. Even if you personally don't see any value, it can certainly help the hobby as a whole. Lastly, they help identify bogus cars or cars with a shady history. If you were buying one it would be nice to know if it had any secrets before you forked over a pile of cash.

Troy

:2thumbs:  :2thumbs:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

jdiesel33

If you need database assistance, I would be glad to help. Dont know much about the Website development part of the world at this point, but develop and program in Microsoft Access and SQL Server for a living.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Just 6T9 CHGR

Troy

In a nutshell exactly... :thumbs:

Quote from: jdiesel33 on March 23, 2012, 04:23:45 PM
If you need database assistance, I would be glad to help. Dont know much about the Website development part of the world at this point, but develop and program in Microsoft Access and SQL Server for a living.

Really???  :scratchchin:  ;)

My whole database is in an Excel file....while easy to use & navigate I always wondered if there was anything "better/easier" to use....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 23, 2012, 04:30:44 PM

Troy

In a nutshell exactly... :thumbs:

Quote from: jdiesel33 on March 23, 2012, 04:23:45 PM

Really???  :scratchchin:  ;)

My whole database is in an Excel file....while easy to use & navigate I always wondered if there was anything "better/easier" to use....
Uh, yeah! Well, better for sure but maybe not easier unless you know what you're doing. I am a DB by trade as well (although these days I spend a lot of time on data mining and "business intelligence"). The 68 and Daytona registries are going to be based on the web so Access or Excel would be a poor choice. Since the Daytona data format closely resembles the 1969 and 1970 formats I'll be able to go over that with you and the other Chris G (assuming Gene is ok with it).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jdiesel33

Just let me know. Be glad to do what I can. Whatever I can offer, big or small, would pale in comparison to what this site has given back to me. :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

XS29L

MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Mr.Sixpack

It would be nice with a 68 registry.
I'm in :2thumbs:

Ghoste

I still have a blank spot reserved in my sig...

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Ghoste on August 20, 2012, 02:31:03 AM
I still have a blank spot reserved in my sig...

HA! one thing I have guessed correctly on lately of the many.  :brickwall:  Though it was kinda obvious.   Looking forward to seeing the registry when it arrives.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Alaskan_TA

QuoteI always wondered if there was anything "better/easier" to use.

I use Microsoft Works. Great database program, easy to use. One file has over 10,000 cars in it - so far.

cdr