News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Coronet on it's way to junkyard, front fenders for clones....

Started by Golden-Arm, December 12, 2011, 10:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Bummer it was scrapped, but that's life.  ::)

I remember trying to sell cars or parts that others would tell you they desperately wanted, or needed, or that it was worth a small fortune. Even had a '69 Charger a few years ago that was a rolling shell with minimal rust & 2 rust free quarters. After a month of dreamers emailing & never showing up, I sold it for $500 to a local guy who cut it up & parted it out. I even recall getting an email from a member saying my price was too low on another car. In the end, nobody buys it & your stuck with whatever it was hoping to get it out of the way. If you have to have something gone, it has to go no matter what.

People will probably email this guy telling him he's a jackass or worse, but he probably did what he had to.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Nwcharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on December 21, 2011, 09:30:35 AM
Bummer it was scrapped, but that's life.  ::)

I remember trying to sell cars or parts that others would tell you they desperately wanted, or needed, or that it was worth a small fortune. Even had a '69 Charger a few years ago that was a rolling shell with minimal rust & 2 rust free quarters. After a month of dreamers emailing & never showing up, I sold it for $500 to a local guy who cut it up & parted it out. I even recall getting an email from a member saying my price was too low on another car. In the end, nobody buys it & your stuck with whatever it was hoping to get it out of the way. If you have to have something gone, it has to go no matter what.

People will probably email this guy telling him he's a jackass or worse, but he probably did what he had to.  :Twocents:

:iagree: :iagree: :violin:
1969 coronet wagon

hotrod98

The strange part of this is the fact that it was near a major city with millions of people and not one single person stepped up and bought it. If that car were advertised in the same manner here, a city of 100,000 people, it would have been bought the first day. That makes absolutely no sense. I know of at least four of us that would have been there with cash the first day that it was listed.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

hemi68charger

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 21, 2011, 03:07:09 PM
The strange part of this is the fact that it was near a major city with millions of people and not one single person stepped up and bought it. If that car were advertised in the same manner here, a city of 100,000 people, it would have been bought the first day. That makes absolutely no sense. I know of at least four of us that would have been there with cash the first day that it was listed.

Yeap, unfortunately I didn't have the greenbacks until the day AFTER he junked it and only found out about it via this website. Don't frequent craigslist often.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hotrod98

When the good mopar stuff comes up on craigslist I get about ten phone calls from family and friends.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams