News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger front end assembly help

Started by SoCal Zo (.)(.), December 21, 2011, 12:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Hey guys,

I was hoping you guys could help me out here. I am looking for a piece that connects the grille/bumper to the body on a 70 Charger. Im not sure what the piece it called, but its heavy and it resembles an "H" when its removed. When you first take off the front bumper the brackets look like two "Y " sticking out of the bay. Can someone please provide me with the name and picture of this part? I would really appreciate it ;D

Thanks,  :cheers:
Zo

maxwellwedge

You probably want that piece that runs across the front and connects to the bumper brackets. It looks like a squished figure 8.

ChargerST

Which bracket are you refering to? here's a pic of the whole assembly:

I think you mean the lower reinforcement bracket.

Hemidog

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

First of all, thank you ChargerST. Your original reply pointed me in the right direction.  Hemidog & Maxwellwedge, you guys are  correct, that is the piece i'm looking for. You see, when i removed the bumper assembly the brace(13-64-72) along with the inner Y arms were all connected. I was under the impression that this was a solid piece and i remember when i pulled it out it resembled a caved-in H. It turns out that i also needed the inner Y arms along with the cross brace The good news is i managed to find the pieces and the order had been placed. I appreciate you guys helping me out here, you guys rock :cheers:

Thank again,
Alonzo