News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat hinge covers. I think I know the answer, but...

Started by bull, April 11, 2012, 09:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Which bucket seat hinge cover is correct? Both are said to be for a 68 Charger but they have obvious differences.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bill440rt

I concur.  :yesnod:
I don't recognize the bottom ones. They don't even look like '70 pieces.  :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bull

My busted up set look like the top ones but I often have a hard time knowing if the parts that came with the car are correct. And Ebay doesn't help when they identify several different examples as 68 Charger seat hinge covers.

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dino

Just checked a pic of my 69's seat, they're the same as the ones in the top picture.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bull

Thanks guys. That's what I figured but wanted to be sure. :2thumbs:

jdiesel33

Dangit!! I finally knew the answer to something and you guys beat me to it!!!!  :lol:
Yes, the top one.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

A383Wing

gtx6970

Top one is 68-69 bucket seats
Bottom one is 68-70 Bench seats ( B and A body )

bull

:2thumbs: Yea, now I'm seeing some of them described as 68-70 B-body while others that say they're B-body, including the Charger.