News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm starting to understand the "losing interest" feeling now

Started by bull, January 22, 2006, 01:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

As soon as my Charger went to the body shop and I quit seeing it every day the discouragement started to creep in on me. All I do now is work 20 hrs overtime to save up money for more restoration and I'm getting burned out. Plus my dad is close to death so the stress is getting to me a little. A couple times I've considered asking the body guy if he wants to buy the car because he has several Mopars. I'm still hanging on but unless you see the car nearly every day you tend to get discouraged. I hope it passes.

rollingthunder

If you give up dont sell I lost interest in mine but I kept her stored in a field for 12 years now I got her home and working on getting her running again, kinda makes me feel young again.
I hope your dad has many more years left I almost lost mine last year the doc's brought him back spent 6 weeks in the hospital doing better now.
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

Big Lebowski

I used to get nervous if I got below 5 Chargers, now I'm down to one '70 Charger, one '70 Challenger, one '70 Road runner, and a '73 Road runner clone that I can't give away. So there's always too much work to be done, hang in there dude.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Chryco Psycho

Sorry top hear about your Dad Curtis
Hang in there working on it wil help keep your mind off other problems in life ... Don`t Sell

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on January 22, 2006, 03:49:39 AM
Sorry top hear about your Dad Curtis
Hang in there working on it wil help keep your mind off other problems in life ... Don`t Sell

:iagree:

So sorry to hear about your father.

I know the year my "69 sat I definitely lost the drive and desire, and it's been tough the 3 months the "70 has been gone, but I just keep reminding myself it'll all be worth it! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

ChargerBill

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2006, 01:51:07 AM
As soon as my Charger went to the body shop and I quit seeing it every day the discouragement started to creep in on me. All I do now is work 20 hrs overtime to save up money for more restoration and I'm getting burned out. Plus my dad is close to death so the stress is getting to me a little. A couple times I've considered asking the body guy if he wants to buy the car because he has several Mopars. I'm still hanging on but unless you see the car nearly every day you tend to get discouraged. I hope it passes.

Curt, I know exactly where you're at bro...and it's a hard place to be. I watched my father die and my Charger was my LAST priority. Since his death the family business dissolved andI've been struggling to make ends meet ever since. This last Wednesday was the first time that I ever gave SERIOUS thought to selling my Chager...and I'm still considering it (makes me kind of wish I took the $7,000 I was offered for it 6 months ago...kind of). However, I think your "Charger" status/situation is a little different from mine...you've driven yours and it's in the shop to get painted. I've never driven mine and have been looking at 30 boxes or parts and and an empty shell for almost 4 years. Just when I think I have the time, I have no money...and when the money looks good it's because I'm spending all my time working...never ends. I understand the concept of "losing interest"..it has slowly crept upon me over the last year or so....in fact, I don't even want to read any car magazines right now, and I'm typically the guy who reads 8 of them a month. Hang in there as long as you can, but bottom line; if you're miserable working the extra hours and need to spend time with your father before he's gone, and your family, well...you know what I would choose.

Take care and my prayers are with you and your family...God bless you all.
Life is a highway...

mopar_madman

I've had my mopars a long time and I've been through the unfortunate tragedies that life brings. I tend to get reall wrapped up in the cars most of the time, but around when winter comes and I've worked outside all summer I take a break on the cars and pursue some of my other hobbies. Don't be discouraged take a break, deal with life when it comes, and don't sell the car cause i guarentee in time you'll be turning back to it full speed ahead. When you get discouraged just hop on the net or hit a car show or cruise night and look at all the awesome finished products out there and the enjoyment everyone gets. Good Luck and my prayers for your dad.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

NHCharger

Bull, I think every "average" car guy goes through this.There are alway priorities in life that come ahead of our cars. Family being one of them. When I built my new house during the summer of 1999  I drove my Charger less than ten times that year. My 71 is currently in the shop also. I'll be getting it back on Tuesday but due to a nagging elbow injury I haven't worked for 6 weeks so I'm looking at spring/summer 07 before I get it back on the road, and that's being optimistic So I'm kinda bumming right now. Saving grace is since I have two Chargers one is usually road worthy.
I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, hope he gets better.

Brian
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nh_mopar_fan

I hope your dad gets better.

I know your the feeling. It will pass. Don't sell it. Park it if you have to an dlet it sit. This too shall pass....

greenpigs

Mine is sitting awaiting  me to pull the head for some repair. I am tired of the thing and when I get it rode worthy again I probably will sell it if I get the right offer. Chances are I will get an 1970 AMX OR I might keep the brick(Chargers nickname) and get a loan for the AMX. :icon_smile_approve:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. My dad's problems started about 10 years ago when he had a heart attack. He had angioplasty (sp?) surgery done to open two clogged arteries and was told to quit smoking. Then he started an on-again off-again smoking routine kind of half-heartedly trying to quit and then about four years ago came the coughing fits after which he was diagnosed with emphysema. That really weakened him and he started losing weight and then almost two years ago he had surgery on his back and then decided to go on a long trip. All of a sudden everything hit at once. His weakness revealed a case of dormant adium (sp?) which is a form of tuberculosis he never knew he had and then his lungs deteriorated to the point he couldn't get enough oxygen into his system, he still can't. And now because of that his heart has gotten stressed and enlarged so they're afraid he'll have another heart attack. On top of all that he's got arthritis and went to Arizona to snow bird down there hoping his arthritis will get better but I think the trip weakened him even more. Now he's in an ICU in a Casa Grande hospital fighting pneumonia in one of his lung tubes hoping it will clear up so he can go home and put on the oxygen mask again. I feel sorry for the guy. He's fighting a battle on every front it seems but I know the smoking is what started it all. He's never been a very good dad, he's one of these tough guys who can't say "sorry" or "I love you" without some coaching from mom. He once told me he figures he did a good job as a dad because I never got any girls pregnant before I got married and I didn't do drugs besides alcohol before age 21. All I can say is I hope I do better than he did as a dad but I hope I can somehow figure out a way to relate to him somehow before he dies so there will be no regrets. Now I'm just waiting to see if he pulls through to decide whether my brother and I should go down and see him. It's tough to know what to do.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: NHCharger on January 22, 2006, 09:21:17 AM
Bull, I think every "average" car guy goes through this.There are alway priorities in life that come ahead of our cars. Family being one of them.
:iagree: Just look at me, 13 years and counting... :-[
Just don't sell it because you feel that today you don't care about it any more...tomorrow, you probably will. :yesnod: If it get's to that point, pay the body guy for what's owed & stuff it back in the garage & throw a cover over it for a while.

Sorry to hear about your Dad.
I hope that he will recover & if not, then I hope he doesn't need to suffer much longer.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Drop Top

Bull; I know where your coming from about your Dad. Just be there for him the best you can as long as possable. Then be there for your Mom. Shes going to need your help also. Both of them did the best that could for you as you and your Brother grew up. Now its time to be there for them. Put the car on hold right now and go back to it latter. You'll need it for therapy. Been there done it. If you can, go see him right away. If he doesn't pull through your be sorry about it. If he dose pull through. That will be a step in the right direction into the understanding of him. My Dad has been gone almost 16 years now. I still don't undersatand everything or why he did some of the things that he did. But it doesn't make any difference now. Just learn from his mistakes and make a life with your family.

As far as being a good parent. Your allready there. Just by wanting to be a better Dad to your kids then your Father was to you is half the battle. Learn from your Fathers mistakes and try not to repeat them. You'll do fine. When all this is over you can go back to your car. If you sell it now you may never be able to afford to get another one. Plus you and the family will have fun with it when your done. They may even want to help with it as you go along.

ck1

I got the same problem excpet now in the late winter, spring time I feel like working on my car and I can't because of my sciatic nerve, and no money and working allot,but hang in there you will do the right thing....... the car has to take 3rd place over my family, and health and I guess my two  jobs so that actually 4th place LOL.............
my Dads sorta the same way and I just had to put away hard feelings on almost a daily basses and tell him I love him and give him a big hug when I can................you only have one father or some people none at all so I have to make the best of it even though I think he is the biggest a hole who ever walk the face of the earth some times >:( but over all he did the best he could with what he had and the way he was raised by his father was 10 times worse then me, he came from a family of 9 and kids and were just a way to get free labor on the farm and were beatin, he was raised and his parents never kept track of birthdays so the old kids did and the three oldest never new when they were born.............anywho to make a short story longer, LOL, kiddin, hope things get better and keep in the back of your mind you may regret selling your charger, for thats what I think of mine............
CJK

Blown70

Sorry to hear about your dad.  BUT DO NOT SELL.  Trust me when the car comes back and the first time you LIGHT the tires you will be happy... you will be a grin from ear to ear.

Focus on the family right now..... Best wishes to you.

TOM

Old Moparz

Hey Bull,

Don't sell it. Just like the others say, stash it a while & wait to finish it. If you find the interest in finishing it a year or more down the road, at least you'll have it to work on. If by then you decide you don't care about the car, you'll know better then when less of your emotions are involved with the decision making & will do it with less chance of regret.

My father had a minor stroke last summer & it gives a wake up call as to what's more of a priority. An old car, even though most of us are passionate about the hobby, is still just an object & not going anywhere. Go see your father, it's more important than a car. As cold as some people may think this sounds, he won't be around indefinitely & waiting for you in a garage.

Bob
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

TK73

Hey Bull, I'm a bit late to the party but would also say to hang onto the car.  Last year I was ready to sell off the '73 and give up cars for a while due to life circumstances.  Halfwaxed, chargeless4now and a few othere said to hang on to it... since I didn't need $$ THAT bad I figured I'd keep it for a while.  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

69pistolgripRT

Bull, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I seldom post but look everyday and feel as if I know you all despite not posting much. I have enjoyed listening to your progress. Talking about your role as a father. My Dad grew up with no father and spent the first twenty years of his life living with no male influence. He tells me he that he longed for a Dad and really missed out. Many guys would use that as an excuse to become a dead-beat Dad themselves. Instead, my Dad turned into the greatest father in the world. He was everything to me that he had wanted for himself. I have a fantastic relationship with my dad largely in part to the terrible relationship he had with his own.

Try to avoid selling the car. Maybe use that as a bond for you and your children. My sons love to turn wrenches. I usually have to redo it and it takes twice as long everytime they help, but we have a fun time and they feel important and I have heard them tell thier friends, "My Dad and me are fixing the car."

You will be the Dad you want to be and I'm sure you will be the Dad your kids need you to be.

Chris
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

runningman

Also sorry to hear about your father..........I am having an artist do a drawing of how my Charger will look when finished, it is helping me through the losing interest feeling alot.  He is almost done with it, here is the last pic he emailed me.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TeeWJay426

Bull, don't sell it.... the passion and drive will return; if the car is gone, what would you do with that? It's probably a more a matter of being concerned about your Dad and being preoccupied with him. Sorry to hear about his ill health; I'll keep both you and him in my thoughts and prayers. Spend the time you can with him now- if the car needs to go on a back burner for awhile, put it there; when you're ready to resume and have rekindled your Mopar passions, it will be there waiting for you!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Daytona R/T SE

I've quit on mine 100 times, said "That's it, I QUIT!"  Sometimes you just get sick of working on it, thinking about it, spending money on it. When my mother was dying, I don't think I did any actual work on the car for almost two years.

I Bought this car in '95 and it's still a piece of shit. 'course there's been at least 20 other cars come and go during that time-Some were flipped, some were parted out, some were freind's cars that I was working on. The point is, I'm just now starting to get really serious on the car, If you're sick of it, turn off the lights, close the garage door, go in the house and think about something else for a while...The Charger will be there when you get around to it....

Orange_Crush

Happens to the best of us...you'll get through it.  The trick is avoiding the temptation to sell the car.

Couple of true stories.

I saw an otherwise PERFECT '70 Challenger sit for 7 years because it needed a measly water pump.  The owner got discouraged just like you.  Eventually, he sold it for WAY less than the car was worth.

I bought a very clean one-owner '70 R/T 4-speed from the original owner because he drove it from 1970 to 1985 and then the car started smoking.  It sat for 20 years until I bought it.

Like I said...just (to borrow an annoying saying) "keep your eyes on the prize."  Your car's at the body shop which is the BIG part of the resto.  You're doing good.  Do something to take you mind off it for a little while and when you get it back, you'll be ready to start fresh.

P.S.  Sorry to hear about your dad.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

hemi68charger

Bull...
Sorry to hear about your father's ill health.. Man, I'm right with you.. I have that '68 Charger R/T that hasn't been in my garage for nearly 4  years now due to the body shop, but, don't give up on it if it's a passion of yours...... I can't work on mine all the time, but like to know she's there when I want to.. These things, resto's, need to be on YOUR time schedule... Tinker whenn you want and chill when you want...  When my father was real sick and later passed on, I found some refuge in the garage.......I know these aren't words of wisdom, but maybe when you need the Charger, it'll be there..

Good luck and prayers to Dad......
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bull

Thanks again, guys. Part of my problem is that I'm pretty fixated on getting it done ASAP because I cannot stand letting projects sit for years unfinished. It's already created a lot of stress during the past year that I've been working part-time and overtime but I can't see the logic in stretching the project out over five years or so. Why wait for more stuff to go wrong and delay the project? Well see though. I'm in the assessment mode so I'm willing to consider other options. I really don't want to sell though.

70charginglizard

Quote from: bull on January 23, 2006, 12:00:52 AM
Thanks again, guys. Part of my problem is that I'm pretty fixated on getting it done ASAP because I cannot stand letting projects sit for years unfinished. It's already created a lot of stress during the past year that I've been working part-time and overtime but I can't see the logic in stretching the project out over five years or so. Why wait for more stuff to go wrong and delay the project? Well see though. I'm in the assessment mode so I'm willing to consider other options. I really don't want to sell though.

Bull,
bottom line. Regardless of what happens you'll still be here.
Just dont get to hung up on the gotta finish it now thing. It will get done. I know you. your not a procrastinator. you always seem to get things done regardless what it is be it car, pictures, posts.

Sorry to hear bout your Dad though. Thats gotta be a hard thing to deal with. Lost my mom when I was 18 and always think about how good of a person she was. You just gotta hold on to thoughts like that when things like this happen.
70charginglizard

8WHEELER

First I would like to say I hope the best for your Dad and your family, very hard thing to go through.

As for as your car goes take a breath, I was told by the ''BODY MAN HA'' that I let talk me into restoring
my blue Charger that the car would be completely done in 8mo, that was of may of 2000. Well as I think
you know I had to bring the car home a little less than two years ago. I got two really bad paint jobs and
bad body work all over the place. So I went down there picked it up because it had been sitting outside
for over 2yrs. And I am out 12k cash just for labor, and I have touched it in the last 2yrs. Saving money
to find somebody that knows what they are doing, and does not lie.

You on the other hand have taken your car to a reputable shop and you know first hand they do good work.
As you can well see you have a great support group hear, I am jealous, so hang in there 'CHARGER OWNER'  ;D

I am living with this.............  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

5.9_Liter_Grand_Cherokee

Quote from: bull on January 22, 2006, 10:41:17 AM
I hope I can somehow figure out a way to relate to him somehow before he dies so there will be no regrets. Now I'm just waiting to see if he pulls through to decide whether my brother and I should go down and see him. It's tough to know what to do.

Bull:

You said it right there.  Just tell him what you said on this message.  But, don't wait go see him, because if you don't and he doesn't make it you will regret it.  The Charger can wait, it isn't going anywhere.  It can sit in the garage and collect dust for years and not affect your relationship with it.  But you only have your family once.  If you needed the cash for a life saving surgury, I would say go ahead and sell the car.  But, that isn't your situation, so if you need to, let the car sit for awhile and deal with the other stuff.  The Charger won't mind at all.
Formerly chargerdaytona477

Mefirst

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.. I hope that he will better.. but if he has come to the end of his ride on the highway of life, then be there for your mum, she will need you..

Selling the Charger wont change things for the better.. Personally I think you'll feel much worse if you sell her cause you put so much of your time, energy and money into it.. Just keep your head cool for a while and then re-check your situation again.. If you have to sell the ride to make ends meet, then so be it, but don't sell her until you absolutely have to...

Take care Bull

/Tom

4402tuff4u

Very sorry to hear about your father. When a family member becomes ill, it always puts a negative view of all things in life that you use to enjoy and look forward too. It's easy for us to advise you differently than how you really feel since we are not directly involved, however sometimes a different perspective on an issue may help us deal with the less desirable things in life. You are obviously going through a traumatic time in your life with your dad being sick, but as other members point out, you might be adding to your depression and sadness if you sell one of the things that you use to look forward to. Set it aside from when the proper time comes. It will still be there waiting for you like a friend.

Hope everything works out for your dad. Pray to the big boss upstairs, he listens and gives you direction when you are in need.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

69_500

Bull I hope that you don't give up and sell your Charger. Especially after spending a long time on the old board watching you chase a charger to call your own. Don't give up just yet, its a long process to restore a car, but once it is done you'll really enjoy it.

I'm not looking forward to one day restoring my 500, as I love to just go out to the garage and fire it up and go for  drive. But when it is done I know that I'll enjoy it twice as much, or at least I think I will.

Hope you dad pulls through, and that you two become closer. My dad is one of my best friends, and I don't know what I'd do without his shoulder to lean on, and his ears to bounce my problems off of. He is a great listener, and has great advice. Even if I don't always agree with him, okay so I don't agree with him on a lot, but I know he has the best of intentions when he gives me advice.

Telvis

We will be praying for your Dad. I understand the feelings you are having. I still have them some days. I have been through several body guys and my car still isn't finished. Every time I get really discouraged I start looking at all the pictures of members who's cars are finished. It gives me inspiration. I know that someday I WILL get mine finished. You will too.

bull

To make matters worse now I just talked to my body guy and the "real" estimate for body work and paint is close to $20k. I've been on a waiting list for a year and have a little more than half that amount saved up. I don't know what I'm going to do.

ChargerAndy

Curtis,
    I'm sorry to hear about your father's illness. I lost my father last June. I had not seen him in about 2 years. He had moved away about 5 years ago to a little town way upstate about 6 hours away. We were not very close, he left me and my mom when I was 12. When I got the call from my sister that he was in ICU up there I just up and left the next morning and stayed up there for what ended up being 3 days. I am glad I did because I got to make my peace with him....... I guess the best thing for me is that I was able to forgive him after all the years of expecting more from my father ...... because he wasn't the best father I could have had, but, I now understand that he did what he thought was best at the time. I do regret that he never met my newborn son or saw the Charger because after all, he owned the original that made the imprint on me. If you are able to, go to him and worry about the "relating to him" later, whatever the outcome you will have no regrets.
    Sell your car? Never dude! Short delays are acceptable!  Hang in there buddy,  Andy

ps i just read your new post...... dude, find another body guy....... i did my own sheet metal and a buddy did my paint and prep for like 5k and it is awesome.....20 is crazed...... just shop around

Lowprofile

All that matters is your Dad right now. Go and be with him. The lesson you teach your children with this one small gesture of love & respect, well, they will remember forever.

The car is a car. And yes we love our cars.  Park it & take a vacation from the Charger. It will cost you nothing to let it sit for awhile. Tend to the business at hand, and come back to your "baby" when you get your head cleared out.
My prayers are with you and your family. Take Care Bro.

BTW, Find a new body shop.....$20 G's is ridiculous!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger Aficionado

I really wish I would've stopped-by when I was up there to hang out...  Remember why you have all the frustrations > you are resurecting a vehicle from the DEAD.  Like most of us we don't have the cash laying around to purchase a fully restored vehicle.  I am still working to pay for my car's refurbishment, and am still far off...  It takes blood sweat, and tears to re-create one of these...   
  You know the reason you scoured the country to find her...  This is one of the most beautiful vehicles ever made....  Once you have that shiny "New" Charger, you will feel 10 feet tall, when you proudly display it at a local car show, and some kid, says "what a awesome car man" (when they have imports to look at)... 
  I'm sure there are many guys here that have felt this feeling...  Keep the Faith brother...  I can't wait to see your car done! 

bull

Thanks again. My brother and I are going to fly down to Phoenix in a week or two to see mom and dad. She says he did fine yesterday but today he's not doing so good. Overall I think he's getting better but I know his days are numbered. There's too much damage to his lungs for him to ever recover fully and now they'll have to keep a constant eye on him to make sure he doesn't get pneumonia again. That's what got him in trouble this time. He can barely get enough oxygen as it is without the problems associated with pneumonia.

694spdRT

Sorry to hear about your dad's health problems. It is always hard watching a family member go through things like this. I hope everything works out for the best.

My advice on the Charger is to try and pace yourself. When more pressing issues come up like this and you start feeling bogged down just let it sit. It is not going anywhere. Restoring your Charger should be an enjoyment not a chore. I would also get another qoute as 20K seems way out of line.

Take Care.   
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

BigBlockSam

i am so Sorry to hear about your Dad Curtis. i lost my dad several yrs ago.  he was sick with several cancers for three yrs. thats a hard way to go.
  don't give up on the charger. even if you bring it home out of the bodyshop. take a brake from it. wait for better times and a clearer head. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Orange_Crush

Quote from: bull on January 24, 2006, 12:22:27 AM
Thanks again. My brother and I are going to fly down to Phoenix in a week or two to see mom and dad. She says he did fine yesterday but today he's not doing so good. Overall I think he's getting better but I know his days are numbered. There's too much damage to his lungs for him to ever recover fully and now they'll have to keep a constant eye on him to make sure he doesn't get pneumonia again. That's what got him in trouble this time. He can barely get enough oxygen as it is without the problems associated with pneumonia.

I also did some shopping around for a new body shop and talked to some of the guys I talked to before. There are a couple good possibilities, guys who can do it for around $10k like I thought it was going to be. We'll see but I think I can get it worked out. I'll keep you guys informed.

What's the current state of your car?  Is it transportable?
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on January 24, 2006, 07:06:39 PM
Quote from: bull on January 24, 2006, 12:22:27 AM

What's the current state of your car?  Is it transportable?

Pretty much. There are no brakes but it's got wheels under it.

triple_green

Hi Curtis,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. I learned to love my Dad for who he is, not what he is not. All you can do is try and learn from what you didn't like about how he related to you, and do better with your girls.

BTW, you have a great wife and girls.

$20K is too much for the paint and bodywork. A guy down here in Kent did Ron Henry's for less than half of that and it looks great.

If you start losing the vision call me and we'll meet so you can thrash on 3X a little.  This thing is really about patience. BTW I'm still waiting for the insurance settlement on the 69. Has been over 2 months. So I'm at an impass too.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)