News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vintage Daytona Pics

Started by hemiviper588, January 05, 2012, 10:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemiviper588

Anyone know these Daytonas? They were posted on Moparts along with some other wingers.

Aero426

I had posted those photos.

The green one is Dan Gaddis' car from Kentucky.  It is now painted as a #71 Bobby Isaac replica.

The silver one is Mike McGuire's car.

The Gaddis photo is from 1976 at Talladega.   The McGuire photo is from 1977 at Ann Arbor Michigan.

pettybird

I seen those cars.  I was at that meet.

I still wish Dan hadn't repainted the car...no MCG backlash, though--it was my favorite car to see when I was a kid.

Aero426

Quote from: pettybird on January 05, 2012, 10:42:33 AM

I still wish Dan hadn't repainted the car...no MCG backlash, though--it was my favorite car to see when I was a kid.

Yes, I liked it too.    The clear on that car was like a mile deep. 

hemiviper588

I noticed the hood corners have been modified, interesting!

Aero426

Yes, the nose on the green car was leaded in and the hood corners rounded off.    It was done in the early '70's.   There even was a brass tag on the fender of the guy who did the paint work.   

pettybird

Quote from: Aero426 on January 05, 2012, 10:43:34 AM
Quote from: pettybird on January 05, 2012, 10:42:33 AM

Yes, I liked it too.    The clear on that car was like a mile deep. 

yep.  You'd have to go to some third world country with no safety standards to get a finish like that any more...