News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Rear Jack / Trunk Floor

Started by 70phoenix, January 05, 2012, 06:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70phoenix

Working on a superbird.  Here is my dilemna.  The trunk floor is rusted away on the passenger side so I'm not sure what that area is supposed to look like. I know superbirds had two jacks, did they also have two jack mounts/hold downs ?   If somebody could post a large pic of the pass side trunk floor that would be great.

maxwellwedge

Bumper Jack is in the normal spot.

62 Max

As you requested

62 Max

maxwellwedge

69_500

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 05, 2012, 07:08:15 PM
Bumper Jack is in the normal spot.

Oh wise one Jim, I have a question for you. I notice the nut that is holding down your hold down plate isn't the one I'm used to seeing on Daytona's. Were the birds different and just used a plain nut? And not the same one as a Daytona? IE like the one that holds down the spare tire?

maxwellwedge

The one in my pic is what came on that car. Did it ever get changed by the original owner? Maybe. I do know it has been on there since the late 70's.

There may have been different things used - not sure.

How is that for "wise".   :lol:

70Sbird

Here is my trunk after I replaced the center section, the extensions are the factory installed ones, as is the hold down stud for the scissors jack. This is actually just a plain steel bolt welded in between the extension and trunk floor panel (at least on my car) you can still see the remains of the hex on the bolt head from the bottom. I was very careful not to disturb the bolt or it's location when I replaced my floor. However, when the project was complete and I purcased a hold down plate and jack, I discovered that the bolt probably should have been located another inch or two toward the center of the trunk floor for a better "fit" of the jack  :brickwall:
But, it is still in the spot that it was instaled in at the factory, so I'ts "correct"

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

here is a better looking (and fitting) installation:
this is another car (not mine) and the stud is most certainly not in the same location as mine, this location actually works!

Scott Faulkner

62 Max

Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 06, 2012, 08:58:26 AM
The one in my pic is what came on that car. Did it ever get changed by the original owner? Maybe. I do know it has been on there since the late 70's.

There may have been different things used - not sure.

How is that for "wise".   :lol:
\\

The one in mine is also the original to the car,came from the original owner. :scratchchin:

moparstuart

:drool5:  my whole after market set up in my clone  , copied the local from my buddy dick drakes three birds .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70phoenix

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 06, 2012, 09:54:50 AM
this is another car (not mine) and the stud is most certainly not in the same location as mine, this location actually works!
scott is it just a bad picture or is your hold down plate made wrong  ?   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

69_500

Stuart I didn't even see a hold down plate in Scott's car. The one with the trunk mat I don't believe is his car. His was the one without a mat.

hotrod98

I'm thinking that the guys at creative didn't use a template for locating the stud/bolt when they welded it in. They seem to be all over the place. Mine is located 5 1/2 inches from the edge of the trunk dropoff and 5 3/4 inches from the wing brace. I loaned my hold down plate to someone so that they could reproduce it. Sure hope I get it back.   It's an original plate.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

70Sbird

Quote from: moparstuart on January 09, 2012, 02:18:17 PM
this is another car (not mine :shruggy:) and the stud is most certainly not in the same location as mine, this location actually works!
scott is it just a bad picture or is your hold down plate made wrong  ?   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Stuart,
I have an original Superbird hold down plate, and it matches the tracing I made of Pettybirds plate i made in Milwaukee before i had one myself
:shruggy:

Scott Faulkner

62 Max

scott is it just a bad picture or is your hold down plate made wrong  ?   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

That jack handle is also wrong. :eyes:

FJ5WING

Quote from: 62 Max on January 09, 2012, 09:24:55 PM

That jack handle is also wrong. :eyes:

the handle is wrong or incorrectly installed?

Im curious because now Im seeing more and more handles flip-flopped.
wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

Incorrect.

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on January 09, 2012, 08:33:34 PM
this is another car (not mine :shruggy:) and the stud is most certainly not in the same location as mine, this location actually works!
scott is it just a bad picture or is your hold down plate made wrong  ?   :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Stuart,
I have an original Superbird hold down plate, and it matches the tracing I made of Pettybirds plate i made in Milwaukee before i had one myself
:shruggy:    can we get better pictures of yours it just doesnt look stamped at all  ?  :shruggy:

can we get better pictures of yours it just doesnt look stamped at all  ?

held1823

the bend here also looks different. is this incorrect for a bird?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

how about daytona jack stuff   ??? 

62 Max

Quote from: moparstuart on January 10, 2012, 11:48:36 AM

Looks right but the sneaker is headed the wrong way ! ::)

moparstuart

Quote from: 62 Max on January 10, 2012, 05:03:55 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 10, 2012, 11:48:36 AM

Looks right but the sneaker is headed the wrong way ! ::)
what you dont like my feet    :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

70Sbird

[/quote]

Stuart,
:shruggy:    can we get better pictures of yours it just doesnt look stamped at all  ?  :shruggy:

[/quote]can we get better pictures of yours it just doesnt look stamped at all  ?
[/quote]

Stuart,
the one in the picture is not mine, it's just a pic I captured as a reference. I'll take a look and see if mine has any stampings

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Oh ok i thought that was yours pictured  that set up would have worked great for my clone  but your beauty it wouldnt work

70phoenix