News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger carpet heel pad

Started by mseacow, August 08, 2011, 10:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseacow

Question for all: Have a 69 500 with the dark green interior, Year One suggested that the Dark Olive colored carpet would be the best match. Ok, ordered that one - color is pretty damn close. BUT, heel pad on new carpet from ACC is black! Original one is colored same as carpet. Also, ACC carpet was folded over and over to get into a small box - has multiple wrinkles, fold marks etc.. Am I being too anal here? Also, which is correct - colored heel pad or black heel pad. I am not sure if my carpet is original or not....

Thanks For Any Help and see you all at the NATS in a few Days!
Matt

resq302

If you are worried about folds and wrinkles, check out ECS automotive concepts as they ship their carpet FLAT!  you may pay more for the shipping but it is worth bundles in the end when you can get a flat laying carpet.  Chances are they will also be able to get you a green heel pad if thats what your car came with originally!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

maxwellwedge

Pretty sure the heel pad should be at least the same color as the carpet. It is in all my non-black carpet cars.

I would call them (ACC) and ask if they make the heel pad to match.....sounds like a mistake. And if it's not a mistake - it should be.

Rolling_Thunder

the heel pad should be the same color -  send it back
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Brock Lee

How come none of these places put the heel pad in the correct spot? They all like to put them just behind the gas pedal rather than have the gas pedal mount to the upper right corner. If you try to shift it to the correct spot, the forms no longer match up.

mseacow

UPDATE-
   Called ACC and they actually got pretty defensive/nasty on the phone. They claimed that they are reproducing carpets from the original manuals from the manufacturer. I told them that if they were doing that, then the heel pads would be the same color as the carpet. The girl on the phone from ACC had no answer other than what they are making is correct and my ORIGINAL carpet is not.
   Met Year One guys up at the NATS and they were very understanding. Told me to send the carpet back, but had no real reason for why it came with a black heel pad. Even the pic of a carpet in the Year One catalog shows a color matched heel pad. Anyway, carpet is on it's way back to Year One - side note: the Year One returns departiment made this process very easy. No problems at all returning this item. Thanks if you read this!
   Search goes on for a quality carpet for my charger. Once I get one with the correctly colored heel pad, I hope it fits!!

charger Downunder

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 09, 2011, 02:49:18 PM
How come none of these places put the heel pad in the correct spot? They all like to put them just behind the gas pedal rather than have the gas pedal mount to the upper right corner. If you try to shift it to the correct spot, the forms no longer match up.
Thats why you order the carpet with the heal pad not attached and have it put on your self.
[/quote]

resq302

Quote from: charger Downunder on August 21, 2011, 07:10:41 PM
Thats why you order the carpet with the heal pad not attached and have it put on your self.

Or you order one from ECS and know it is correct!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

gtx6970

This is an ACC carpet. bought about a year ago. and having used ACC with there issues in the past.  I was quite suprised to see how well this one fit and layed down in the car
And I would have no issues giving them another try.

jaak

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 22, 2011, 01:35:52 PM
This is an ACC carpet. bought about a year ago. and having used ACC with there issues in the past.  I was quite suprised to see how well this one fit and layed down in the car
And I would have no issues giving them another try.

Sorry to Hi-jack, but that interior is BEAUTIFUL!

Jason

vancamp

I replaced the original carpet in mine with ECS came flat no wrinkles and the heel pad was in the right place, a little more expensive if i remember correctly but its very nice carpet

mseacow

Just talked with ECS and looks like it will be 4-6 MONTHS wait to get a colored carpet from them. They have black ones in stock, but no colored... Any other places worth calling for a carpet?

68blue

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: resq302 on August 22, 2011, 08:53:53 AM
Quote from: charger Downunder on August 21, 2011, 07:10:41 PM

Or you order one from ECS and know it is correct!
Yep, you said it twice.  Surprised if he doesn't use them.  I hear nothing but good comments about them.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dino

So after a bit of research I found out that ECS doesn't actually make carpets but uses the ACC carpets and ships them flat instead of rolled up.  ACC carpet is around $250 and Rockauto sells the same ACC carpet for $127 or $165 with added sound deadening.  I can't find a price for ECS because the site is not loading for me.

Looks like I'm shopping at Rockauto again.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

jb666

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I knew you guys could help..

I'm putting the front section of my (new) carpet in now. The heel pad has a notch in the upper right corner, which is where the rep (Legiondary) told me the gas pedal bolts through.

My OLD carpet (not original) had the section notched out of the heel pad as well.

My question -- Does the gas pedal bolt through the carpet, or the actual plastic heel pad???

bill440rt

Jeff, mine bolted thru the heel pad. My pads weren't notched, AFAIR.
I had to cut a notch in the heel pad for the rectangular section on the back of the gas pedal to sit thru. Am I describing that OK?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969 Dodge Charger R/T

Dream Charger: 1969 Dodge Charger R/T 426 HEMI

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce