News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NICE SUPERBIRD CLONE ON EBAY . HIT THE RESERVE ALREADY

Started by BigBlockSam, January 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wingcarenvy

quote author=held1823 link=topic=87991.msg994593#msg994593 date=1326746063]
dj, don't confuse yourself along with me. YOU wrote the comment about stress, i was just trying to decipher it.

and if i ever own an aero car, i will be ALL about entitlement. that, and gucci watches.
[/quote]

Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 05:15:23 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 17, 2012, 04:52:13 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 17, 2012, 04:05:03 PM
Quote from: BigBlockSam on January 17, 2012, 03:31:58 PM
yes you can get caught in the rain with a real superbird and daytona . you don't drive a real one as much as you drive  a replica .

we have a:

real superbird
real superbird
fake daytona

I'll drive the real birds over the fake daytona any day.  after a while, "is that real?" gets annoying  :lol:

But, How often do they ask if there your moms?

Man,I just cant stand the better than everyone else additude that this thread has brought out. .....................

telling grown men that the cars belong to my mother?  it's priceless.  you can't even imagine.  my friends like telling people they're my mom's cars just to see the reaction!  If I don't feel like making conversation I tell people it's mine.  it's no secret who holds the titles, and I don't have a problem with it.

the only one who sees 'better than thou' attitudes are the ones with clones.  sorry you don't see it that way.  

--real wing cars don't get driven
--real wing car owners are jerks
--real wing car owners this and that

we drive our cars, I'm not THAT big of a jerk, etc.  

I have something to say. I owned a genuine factory built Superbird at one point in my life (drove it daily for 2 years in the mid 90s). I now own a "clone" or "replica" if you will. EVERY wingcar owner I have ever had the pleasure of discussing my favorite car with has been a pure pleasure with no attitude what-so-ever. The rough generalizations are inaccurate.

Now let me get this straight. The guys who are throwing the biggest stones here dont actually own a wing car???!!!  :rofl: :lol: :smilielol:

62 Max

And this is a real one and it sat where you see if for over two weeks because of three days of rain,couldn't get it out.Guess what,didn't hurt it one bit,they won't melt ! :icon_smile_big:

dreamcatcher

OH COME ON ALREADY  :RantExplode: I have been a member of this site for a few years now.It is a great site with great people.But how many times are we going to beat this poor dead horse?I see this come up at least twice a year.GUYS...REAL OR NOT REAL SHOULD ONLY MATTER TO THE PERSON WHO OWNS IT!And if you dont even own one what the HELL does it matter to you?  :rotz:
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

r4daytona

I agree with rainbow4jd, real? clone? who cares, it all depends on what you want and are happy with, the problem I have is the people, like others have said, that make their car out to be something it's not. "this is one of one becasue a guy named larry installed the muffler clamps on a tuesday" -- thats a bunch of crap. There's a guy around me that has a orange clone bird. Ok, it's a decent car and I'm sure it's fun, but it doesn't have the correct rear window, it's a post car, but at least they are painted orange, and he's used blocks of wood to prop up the headlight doors. But unless you're knowledgeable, he'll pass it off as real. When he's at shows, I don't knock the car or "challenge" him about it's originiality, I would just walk by and say " nice car".  I've only talked to the guy twice and won't any more because he wanted to be a big shot in front of his friends and tried to make it out like I wanted to buy his car! Perhaps he was jealous because I had an AAR? I don't know, but I don't think anybody should knock anybodys car. Now if someone is being a stuck up douche bag, then put them in their place. I saw Danes car when I was in oregon at the shop thats doing mine, and Danes was awesome. When mines done, i wish i could afford to have Dane do one of his seamless nose cars for me. Hummm... candy plum crazy with white pearl stripes coming from the door indents blending to a white wing, 440 with a tunnel ram and 2 4's (can't afford a blower) lol   It's all about what you want.  I'm sure when my car is done, there will be some that will knock this or knock that, say that the Graveyard Carz shop should have done it this way or that.  I'm simply viewing it this way. My car isn't the best to start with, to some it's just another r4 440 automatic, the original front was missing as is the motor and tranny, the floors are getting replaced as is the trunk, etc, etc,  but as a single divorced guy raisng two kids, it's all I could afford and was lucky enough to get it.  At least I'm saving a real one and who can knock that?

held1823

Quote from: wingcarenvy on January 18, 2012, 02:24:29 AM
Now let me get this straight. The guys who are throwing the biggest stones here dont actually own a wing car???!!!  :rofl: :lol: :smilielol:

my lack of ownership plays hell on the clone crowd's "sense of entitlement" reasoning, doesn't it? if you read closer, my opinion applies to cloning ANY car, not just winged ones. am i trying to change anyone else's opinion? no. can mine be changed? no.

Quote from: dreamcatcher on January 18, 2012, 09:16:38 AM
... if you dont even own one what the HELL does it matter to you?  :rotz:

ask that same question of anyone who goes to an event expecting to see authentic cars.  

with 122 replies since the clone in the subject line was mentioned, it appears this thread is a little off target.  like someone mentioned, the clone debate is like beating a dead horse. lock the thread, and let's move on.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

djcarguy

Quote from: 62 Max on January 18, 2012, 09:13:28 AM
And this is why clones get beat on !

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,77890.msg935994.html#msg935994

From guess who !!======================================================================================

WHO WOULD THAT BEEE??? A GUY THAT IS NOT EVEN DOING A CLONE,BUT A WHAT IF WING CAR???? A GUY THAT HAS ONLY BEEN ON HERE OR ANY SITE,FOR JUST OVER A YEAR??? A GUY THAT LOVES MOST ALL CARS,MOPAR ,CHEVY,AND FORD LINES???  A GUY WHO ONLY LOOKS AT OR CHECK A VIN# IF HE IS BUYING THE CAR????                   HAVE A GREAT DAY AND BUILD WHAT YOU WANT,HOW YOU WANT IT..DJCARGUY

held1823

Quote from: djcarguy on January 18, 2012, 10:23:53 AM
.....A GUY THAT IS NOT EVEN DOING A CLONE,BUT A WHAT IF CAR....

let me point out the header of this forum

DodgeCharger.com Forum > Discussion Boards > Aero Cars

the "what-if" car section is down the hall
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

djcarguy

Quote from: held1823 on January 18, 2012, 10:28:53 AM
Quote from: djcarguy on January 18, 2012, 10:23:53 AM
.....A GUY THAT IS NOT EVEN DOING A CLONE,BUT A WHAT IF CAR....

let me point out the header of this forum

DodgeCharger.com Forum > Discussion Boards > Aero Cars

the "what-if" car section is down the hall=======================================================
     THANKS FOR THE INFO,HAHAHHAHA :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: WHY DONT YOU AND YOUR DEAD HORSE GO SMELL UP ANOTHER THREAD???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :nana: :nana: :nana: :Twocents:

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on January 18, 2012, 09:49:04 AM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on January 18, 2012, 02:24:29 AM
Now let me get this straight. The guys who are throwing the biggest stones here dont actually own a wing car???!!!  :rofl: :lol: :smilielol:

my lack of ownership plays hell on the clone crowd's "sense of entitlement" reasoning, doesn't it? if you read closer, my opinion applies to cloning ANY car, not just winged ones. am i trying to change anyone else's opinion? no. can mine be changed? no.

Quote from: dreamcatcher on January 18, 2012, 09:16:38 AM
... if you dont even own one what the HELL does it matter to you?  :rotz:

ask that same question of anyone who goes to an event expecting to see authentic cars.  

with 122 replies since the clone in the subject line was mentioned, it appears this thread is a little off target.  like someone mentioned, the clone debate is like beating a dead horse. lock the thread, and let's move on.
OK i was going to ignore you and keep my big fat mouth shut , but i cant  now . You come in to this thread that wasnt even your , you shit all over it.  Then you now have at least three times called for it to be locked and go away ???  Must be nice causing all this trouble and then just calling for the thread to go away when its not even yours.       OK RANT OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!   Carry On           
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

i came in (reply #9) and asked a valid question. that is causing trouble?

i mention locking the thread,  since it is obviously no longer getting anywhere. it certainly shows no sign of getting back on topic. i personally don't care whether it's locked or not, or if it goes away. i can play along, as well as anyone.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Dr V

Well now that we have established "who wont be getting X-mas cards from each other this year".   That car did look pretty neat. I wonder how it ended up all the way in Texas for sale from Vermont.   Must be pretty good friends.  Anyways, I wonder if it really sold or the seller bought it back.   :shruggy:
This Damn Car Thing Is Getting Expensive!

djcarguy

Quote from: Aero426 on January 17, 2012, 05:06:54 PM
Here the Daytona is making a trip to the City of Milwaukee dump to dispose of waste oil and to pick up an empty propane cylinder.

-----------------------------

SURE LIKE  that daytona and color combo. think wires got crossed? i never said ''never driven'' and said nothing bout afraid of rain or weather.i did say rarely driven or seen out , and that is from my oregon west coast area view. some guys live in areas where more wing cars are and get to see them more. r4daytona's car is only real 1 i've seen in many years,and it is from some other state?  i roam all over oregon and washington to car shows and have only seen 2 daytona clones out and about. would love to see more wing cars around. i enjoyed seeing 383wing and daytona guys cars very much and never looked at vin tags. cause i look at and enjoy the cars and the way there are built. sorry no offence meant to any wing owners,ride on...dj

pettybird

Quote from: djcarguy on January 17, 2012, 12:08:29 PM
  Parked in a tiny rain shower,,,,only because that was the 1 time a year they left the garage .  allready out for a event and got hit by a big bad sprinkle???  that sure proves they are out and driven,,i guess???dj

this contradicts your last statement.  I don't see any "wires crossed" here. 

nascarxx29

:Twocents: I had both real and clones .In 1979- traded the real yellow rough driver superbird in background not original motor in Houston TX.For the 318 AC 70 daytona clone.Got the same thumbs up looks waves etc.And got great gas mileage and AC all the way back east .And got leads about other cars like mine .Sold the clone and got the money to buy the real daytona later found in a bad neighborhood

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

djcarguy

Quote from: pettybird on January 18, 2012, 12:14:21 PM
  Parked in a tiny rain shower,,,,only because that was the 1 time a year they left the garage .  allready out for a event and got hit by a big bad sprinkle???  that sure proves they are out and driven,,i guess???dj

this contradicts your last statement.  I don't see any "wires crossed" here. ====================
OH DAM ,YOUR KEEN EYE HAS GOT ME ....SOOO SORRY... WAS KIDDING BOUT 1TIME A YEAR LEAVING THE GARAGE.....   WHICH EVEN 1 TIME A YEAR IS NOT NEVER,,,,,,,,,,,,AS YOU QUOTED ME AS SAYING????????  I DONT GIVE A RAT ARSE BOUT WORD GAMES AND YOU STUPID OPINIONS..... BYE ,HAVE A HAPPY LIFE....DJ,DARTONA :nana: :nana: :nana: :Twocents: :Twocents: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

man guys, i will appologise right now for all of this. i never thought that using the phrase "aero world" and  "buying in" would stir up so much. i didnt mean any disrespect by anything i said. i hold an aero car at the top of the muscle car world. all the guys i talk to at the shows are absolutely fantastic when telling the story for the one millionth time in the day on how the whole thing took place.the guys with the tribute cars putting time,money,and devotion to get these cars to this standard. and any talk about the weather and driving, i have a 1970 charger 500. if i can help it, i wont take this plain jane out in the bad weather. hell, we got a thread on this site about guys that wont use water to wash their cars..........................................thats all. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

pettybird

Quote from: djcarguy on January 18, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
 Parked in a tiny rain shower,,,,only because that was the 1 time a year they left the garage .  allready out for a event and got hit by a big bad sprinkle???  that sure proves they are out and driven,,i guess???dj

this contradicts your last statement.  I don't see any "wires crossed" here. ====================
OH DAM ,YOUR KEEN EYE HAS GOT ME ....SOOO SORRY... WAS KIDDING BOUT 1TIME A YEAR LEAVING THE GARAGE.....   WHICH EVEN 1 TIME A YEAR IS NOT NEVER,,,,,,,,,,,,AS YOU QUOTED ME AS SAYING????????  I DONT GIVE A RAT ARSE BOUT WORD GAMES AND YOU STUPID OPINIONS..... BYE ,HAVE A HAPPY LIFE....DJ,DARTONA :nana: :nana: :nana: :Twocents: :Twocents: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

ok bye     ;) :o ::) :cheers: :'( :icon_smile_angry: :popcrn: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: :rotz: ;D :yesnod: :angel: :eyes: :icon_smile_tongue: :flame: :laugh: :pity: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :brickwall: :P :scratchchin: :-\ :rofl: :icon_smile_question: :RantExplode: :hah: :icon_smile_wink: :nana: :D :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap: :smilielol: :eek2: :lol:

(is he gone yet?)

pettybird

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 18, 2012, 01:16:39 PM
if i can help it, i wont take this plain jane out in the bad weather

right?  clone, original or whatever--old cars just aren't that much fun in the rain!

our clone is ESPECIALLY bad as it doesn't even have a heater/defroster, and the windshield leaks.  it makes fall weather a blast...

BigBlockSam

i still think that $33000. is to much for this clone    :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol: that's what i started this thread about
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

62 Max

Quote from: pettybird on January 18, 2012, 01:24:54 PM
Quote from: djcarguy on January 18, 2012, 12:43:25 PM
 Parked in a tiny rain shower,,,,only because that was the 1 time a year they left the garage .  allready out for a event and got hit by a big bad sprinkle???  that sure proves they are out and driven,,i guess???dj

this contradicts your last statement.  I don't see any "wires crossed" here. ====================
OH DAM ,YOUR KEEN EYE HAS GOT ME ....SOOO SORRY... WAS KIDDING BOUT 1TIME A YEAR LEAVING THE GARAGE.....   WHICH EVEN 1 TIME A YEAR IS NOT NEVER,,,,,,,,,,,,AS YOU QUOTED ME AS SAYING????????  I DONT GIVE A RAT ARSE BOUT WORD GAMES AND YOU STUPID OPINIONS..... BYE ,HAVE A HAPPY LIFE....DJ,DARTONA :nana: :nana: :nana: :Twocents: :Twocents: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

ok bye     ;) :o ::) :cheers: :'( :icon_smile_angry: :popcrn: :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :drool5: :icon_smile_big: :rotz: ;D :yesnod: :angel: :eyes: :icon_smile_tongue: :flame: :laugh: :pity: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :brickwall: :P :scratchchin: :-\ :rofl: :icon_smile_question: :RantExplode: :hah: :icon_smile_wink: :nana: :D :shruggy: :Twocents: :slap: :smilielol: :eek2: :lol:

(is he gone yet?)

Are you sure this isn't Moparts ? :scratchchin:

djcarguy

IAM STILL HERE AND WILL STAY FOR A LONG TIME?????????  SURE IS A GREAT SITE AND PLACE TO SEE GREAT CARS AND INFO...THANKS TROY AND MEMBERS...LATER DJ :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :popcrn: :popcrn: :nana:

held1823

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 18, 2012, 01:16:39 PM
man guys, i will appologise right now for all of this. i never thought that using the phrase "aero world" and  "buying in" would stir up so much. i didnt mean any disrespect by anything i said.

you didn't start it.  i take full responsibilty for the question that hit a few nerves.  
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

nvrbdn

ok, so if the car is too much and all mabey this will lighten it up :2thumbs:

.Couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember
Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. 'Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?' he asks.
'Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?'
'Sure..'
'Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?' she asks.
'No, I can remember it..'
'Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so
As not to forget it?'
He says, 'I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries.'
'I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?' she asks.
Irritated, he says, 'I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!'
Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs.. She stares at the plate for a moment.
'Where's my toast ?'  :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

pettybird