News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NICE SUPERBIRD CLONE ON EBAY . HIT THE RESERVE ALREADY

Started by BigBlockSam, January 13, 2012, 06:26:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Quote from: djcarguy on January 16, 2012, 01:04:55 PM
Quote from: held1823 on January 15, 2012, 12:00:31 AM
............ disdain for clones of any make or model ...............

LOTS HATE AND STRESS OVER A FEW WORDS,,DONT YOU THINK?WHAT IF SOME ONE TOOK A REAL DAYTONA ?AND MADE A HALF BREED CLONE OF A REAL CHARGER? DAYTONA ASS, AND VIN WITH CHARGER NOSE?

i have no clue what the hell the first part of that statement means. am i stressed? no, why would you think so? do i hate the idea of a cloned muscle car? absolutely. clone a daytona into a "half-breed charger"? impossible, it's already a charger. the opposite action, magically turning a charger into a daytona, is also impossible. a base camaro is forever just a camaro, it will never be a z/28 or SS.  a base mustang will never become a shelby or boss model. a satellite, never a roadrunner, nor will a coronet 440 become a super bee. my disdain for clones is not aero-specific. it's fraud, no matter the reasoning. per merriam-webster:

fraud
noun \ˈfrȯd\
Definition of FRAUD
1 a: deceit, trickery; specifically: intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
   b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : trick
2 a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : impostor; also: one who defrauds : cheat
   b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to be

clones are like a girl wearing a strap-on. both may look the part, but neither is what it so badly wants to be. there was once a time when people did without the things they could not afford, or settled for what they could. not anymore. today it's "i can't afford what i want, so i will just pretend i have it, and expect everyone else to agree that it's ok". well, not everyone does.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BigBlockSam

Quotei have no clue what the hell the first part of that statement means. am i stressed? no, why would you think so? do i hate the idea of a cloned muscle car? absolutely. clone a daytona into a "half-breed charger"? impossible, it's already a charger. the opposite action, magically turning a charger into a daytona, is also impossible. a base camaro is forever just a camaro, it will never be a z/28 or SS.  a base mustang will never become a shelby or boss model. a satellite, never a roadrunner, nor will a coronet 440 become a super bee. my disdain for clones is not aero-specific. it's fraud, no matter the reasoning. per merriam-webster:

fraud
noun \ˈfrȯd\
Definition of FRAUD
1 a: deceit, trickery; specifically: intentional perversion of truth in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender a legal right
  b: an act of deceiving or misrepresenting : trick
2 a: a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : impostor; also: one who defrauds : cheat
  b: one that is not what it seems or is represented to be

clones are like a girl wearing a strap-on. both may look the part, but neither is what it so badly wants to be. there was once a time when people did without the things they could not afford, or settled for what they could. not anymore. today it's "i can't afford what i want, so i will just pretend i have it, and expect everyone else to agree that it's ok". well, not everyone does.

i thought you were done and man your long winded and negative . you sound like a ball of fun

fraud, yes, if someone is trying to sell it for what it is not . if someone is just enjoying it for it's look and performance. i find nothing wrong with that . it's just fun . you do remember what fun and light hearted-ness is don't you .

if your into strap ons i think your on the wrong forum .

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

held1823

i was done, but this thread won't die and i was feeling a bit left out, so i thought i'd get in a little more clone bashing before it gets locked. my opinion is "negative", only because it's the opposite of yours. and for total irony, you were the one bashing this car, not me. how is that for fun?

p.s. dont hate, just cuz i gots speeling and grammor skillz
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

djcarguy

STRESS,, NO ,NO STRESS HERE??  MUST be me not reading your post right i guess???   you started the entitlement thing??  oh thanks for the definition of fraud,again a word you throw in to thread???
      sure would be a boring world without clones, as the real ones are rarely  seen or driven anymore.DJ

held1823

dj, don't confuse yourself along with me. YOU wrote the comment about stress, i was just trying to decipher it.

and if i ever own an aero car, i will be ALL about entitlement. that, and gucci watches.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BigBlockSam

Quotep.s. dont hate, just cuz i gots speeling and grammor skillz.

yes spell check and copy and paste are wonderful things.  :rofl:

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 16, 2012, 10:37:29 AM
Quote from: nvrbdn on January 15, 2012, 09:27:08 AM
"buying ones self in to the aero world".........i only know 2 ways to get in and i dont see too many people giving these cars away.

If I had no aero cars, I'd rather have a Spoiler II, a Talladega, or a C500 instead of a clone, and all are pretty reasonable.  

Mind you, the above statement is just a tad hypocritical  :icon_smile_big:
:hah: :hah: :hah: clone owner , clone owner , clone owner . clone owner     :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

held1823

lol. i was all set to point out the pink elephant (i would say pun intended, but apparently i'm no fun) in the room until i reread the confessional in the last line.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

pettybird

Quote from: held1823 on January 16, 2012, 04:25:07 PM
lol. i was all set to point out the pink elephant (i would say pun intended, but apparently i'm no fun) in the room until i reread the confessional in the last line.

haha...well yeah.

with three wings, including that one, guess which one would get sold first?

pettybird

Quote from: djcarguy on January 16, 2012, 03:29:14 PM
      sure would be a boring world without clones, as the real ones are rarely  seen or driven anymore.DJ

you live in a mythical world (not that THAT hasn't already been established) where real cars never see the road and everyone else drives their clones through tsunamis. 

it's as misguided as your dartona crap.

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on January 16, 2012, 05:32:14 PM

haha...well yeah.

just because the 4th car's wing is MIA  you dont count it  ???    :shruggy:    just give it to me !!!!!    :nana:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2012, 05:39:30 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 16, 2012, 05:32:14 PM

haha...well yeah.

just because the 4th car's wing is MIA  you dont count it  ???    :shruggy:    just give it to me !!!!!    :nana:

if I said 'come get it' I'm pretty sure there's a guy in IN a few hours closer who might have an interest in it, too.  Better just wait until Jim dies  :lol:

maxwellwedge

held1823

Quote from: pettybird on January 16, 2012, 07:09:16 PM
if I said 'come get it' I'm pretty sure there's a guy in IN a few hours closer who might have an interest in it, too.  Better just wait until Jim dies  :lol:

make that two IN guys. the second one is a hour closer yet, and he wouldn't even need the whole car...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

Quote from: held1823 on January 16, 2012, 07:59:06 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 16, 2012, 07:09:16 PM

make that two IN guys. the second one is a hour closer yet, and he wouldn't even need the whole car...
there is no whole car lol

moparstuart

maxwellwedge

held1823

Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2012, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2012, 07:29:51 PM
Defcon 1.17  -  On High Banana Peel alert!
i have more complex plan than that

be wary of any birthday gifts from missouri...
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: held1823 on January 16, 2012, 08:14:23 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 16, 2012, 08:04:00 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on January 16, 2012, 07:29:51 PM
Defcon 1.17  -  On High Banana Peel alert!
i have more complex plan than that

be wary of any birthday gifts from missouri...

Pretty sure with your attitude , you probably have more to worry about than just Missouri. Man are you ever narrow minded.

My suggestion for you is to not click on threads with clone in the title. Nothing good will come of it.....
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

DAY CLONA

The "clone" debate will always rage on, whether it be about artwork, antiques, cars etc, etc,....IMHO it boils down to those who let mystique, emotion, elitist attitude, etc that want claim to owning or possessing an individual uniqueness,.....those who want cloned items seek a desire also, yes some want bragging rites among the above mentioned elite, some just the desire to have whats denied them because of their financial restrictions,.....and then there's the ones that see no sense in spending wasted money on something that can be had at a substantially reduced price by building/buying a clone,...plus it's tailored to one's liking, rather than settling for "less"

The "purists" will always look down on the "cloned", because it dilutes their sense of entitlement sub consciously, or consciously....now I can see a purist having issues if a clone is poorly done, and reflects badly, I have issues with any vehicle done poorly, "original" or not

Personally when I clone a vehicle, and I've done many over the decades for myself and customers, it's for the desire to own/build/create that particular vehicle because it appeals to me/them, like many others do, or create a vehicle that never existed before...cloning allows one to have their cake and eat it too...something which is hard for the "purists" to swallow, or perhaps fathom

Some are allured or trapped by the so-called "historical value" of a vehicle, and feel it should be left "untouched",...in my practice, I've "destroyed" countless vehicles by parting them out (hundreds over the decades) or cloning them into other marques,.... base models, V codes, U codes meant/mean nothing...again my opinion they're just machines to modify to suite ones taste/desire

mike

A383Wing

Xenon

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery   ......   'nuff said ...  :2thumbs:

FJ5WING

Mike,
explain what "have ones cake and eating too" means?

I own a factory built Superbird(couldnt bring myself to say real  :smilielol:) and drive it. Or should I say WILL drive it as soon as it back together.  There are some funny thoughts in this thread for sure! One day Ill see my first clone. :nana:
wingless now, but still around.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 17, 2012, 09:53:51 AM
Mike,
explain what "have ones cake and eating too" means?

I own a factory built Superbird(couldnt bring myself to say real  :smilielol:) and drive it. Or should I say WILL drive it as soon as it back together.  There are some funny thoughts in this thread for sure! One day Ill see my first clone. :nana:

All I know is that I have a clone and Im just as proud as can be. I love the car.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............