News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why is it, when selling a vehicle...

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, January 21, 2012, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Why do people get in touch with you, then never show up?  :popcrn:

I hate selling anything, let alone dealing with the buyers  :slap:

The70RT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 21, 2012, 03:57:39 PM
Why do people get in touch with you, then never show up?  :popcrn:

I hate selling anything, let alone dealing with the buyers  :slap:

Maybe they are checking on several cars then find another or waiting to see if yours sells. Some call back and low ball you. I have heard of all the excuses....waiting to sell their own and checking ahead of time on yours. Maybe comparing prices to get an Idea on what theirs is worth  :scratchchin: I'm sure some are just window shopping. I was selling one last week and they bugged me all day then never showed after I got off of work. The last one I sold two people called me every so often in about a 30 day period. Nobody looked at it for a month and then the two both showed up within the same hour and I sold it. The first people stood around for an hour and contemplated about it and when the other person showed they quickly bought it....go figure.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1970Moparmann

Whenever I sold a car worth anything, I sell through a consignment place in IL.  They get more for the car anyway, so I feel like I make out.  I sign the title, they sell, and cut me the check.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

bill440rt

Once I was selling a couch.
Woman called & wanted to know the dimensions (they were listed in the ad). She asked me if I thought it would fit in the back of her RAV4.  :brickwall:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Lennard

Quote from: bill440rt on January 21, 2012, 04:43:54 PM
Once I was selling a couch.
Woman called & wanted to know the dimensions (they were listed in the ad). She asked me if I thought it would fit in the back of her RAV4.  :brickwall:
Would fit perfect after your done with the chainsaw. :yesnod:

Fred

Once I was selling a car, I stated everything that came with it and the idiot that rang me up about it asked "what else comes with it?"
I told him ..........the keys!! 
I'm not even going to try to sell my couch (getting a new one) as I can't deal with these ding bats. I'm giving it to a charity

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

A383Wing

give the couch to MoparmanJim....his has issues....  :nana:

See all you guys when we get power & Internet back.....I'm playing "Ketchup" on hospital server in federal way....wife is in here now...we should be leaving soon...

Bryan

Fred

bill440rt

Quote from: A383Wing on January 21, 2012, 07:04:00 PM

See all you guys when we get power & Internet back.....I'm playing "Ketchup" on hospital server in federal way....wife is in here now...we should be leaving soon...

Bryan

:smilielol: :smilielol:  Good to see you are in good spirits, Bryan! All the best for a speedy recovery.

Quote from: Fred on January 21, 2012, 06:56:13 PM

I'm not even going to try to sell my couch (getting a new one) as I can't deal with these ding bats. I'm giving it to a charity

Yep, that was the first & last time. And, she wasn't the only one! Lots of people asked if it would fit in their car. CAR!! Not truck!  :brickwall:
We're getting a new sectional soon, I've got two couches here that are gonna reside at the town dump very soon.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I sold two rooms of furniture, no problem. But selling a car, geez... :brickwall:

nvrbdn

last car i sold on craigs this guy came over and talked about the car test drove it, said how nice it was. worked me down,worked on me for 2 hours, and kept talkin about the car till after dark(guess he figured no one would come after dark) i told him if it was still there tomorrow i would give him his price. my price was 100 more than his but he wouldnt budge. as he left he said id be calling him tomorrow. well 5 min after he left, got a call from a college girl. she came up with the boyfriend. they drove it i told them what i offered it to the guy for and they handed me the cash. that other dude just wasted my time.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on January 21, 2012, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: A383Wing on January 21, 2012, 07:04:00 PM

Bryan

:smilielol: :smilielol:  Good to see you are in good spirits, Bryan! All the best for a speedy recovery.

Quote from: Fred on January 21, 2012, 06:56:13 PM

Yep, that was the first & last time. And, she wasn't the only one! Lots of people asked if it would fit in their car. CAR!! Not truck!  :brickwall:
We're getting a new sectional soon, I've got two couches here that are gonna reside at the town dump very soon.  :yesnod:

Yeah and as for a Rav4............. you can't even fit a shopping bag in the back of one of those let alone a couch!  Dumber than a box of rocks!!

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on January 21, 2012, 11:14:50 PM
last car i sold on craigs this guy came over and talked about the car test drove it, said how nice it was. worked me down,worked on me for 2 hours, and kept talkin about the car till after dark(guess he figured no one would come after dark) i told him if it was still there tomorrow i would give him his price. my price was 100 more than his but he wouldnt budge. as he left he said id be calling him tomorrow. well 5 min after he left, got a call from a college girl. she came up with the boyfriend. they drove it i told them what i offered it to the guy for and they handed me the cash. that other dude just wasted my time.

Bloody tyre kickers..............what a waste of time but you have to be nice to them in case they turn out to be potential buyers. And they're so smart too, think they know more than you.(they don't of course) I hate them!!

nvrbdn

yep i agree. i got a van to sell right now, but dont really want to deal with it. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bull

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 21, 2012, 11:04:57 PM
I sold two rooms of furniture, no problem. But selling a car, geez... :brickwall:

You could always donate the car. Probably get more money with none of the hassle.

Todd Wilson

I been trying to sell my tractor for a few months now and the "Well let me talk it over with the wife" statement means  "thanks for your time I wont be calling back!"  :lol:

Todd

Fred

Quote from: Todd Wilson on January 21, 2012, 11:40:55 PM
I been trying to sell my tractor for a few months now and the "Well let me talk it over with the wife" statement means  "thanks for your time I wont be calling back!"  :lol:

Todd

Geez, you hit the nail on the head!!  what a bunch of wankers!!! :brickwall:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bull on January 21, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

You could always donate the car. Probably get more money with none of the hassle.

yeah    not asking a lot, in fact, under 5k

so I get a email offering 3600, cash

duh, what else would you pay with? Potato chips  ::) Offers entertained in person, only

doctor4766

We have a saying here in Oz.

Sell a car, meet a dickhead......
Gotta love a '69

Fred

I'm meeting them all the time...............even when I'm not selling anything!  :slap:

chargen86

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nvrbdn

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on January 22, 2012, 12:31:36 AM
Quote from: bull on January 21, 2012, 11:27:40 PM

yeah    not asking a lot, in fact, under 5k

so I get a email offering 3600, cash

duh, what else would you pay with? Potato chips  ::) Offers entertained in person, only

i know what your saying, i got a friend at work that tells me all the time, they want X amount, so i emailed them if they dont sell i will give them this amount.which is usually half what they want. ::)
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Cooter

Also, you'd be surprized at how many people in this day and age want to pay for an antique musclecar with a f*ckin' Check...Like that's gonna ever happen. If you have the money in the bank to cover the damn check, go get it and pay the guy. it's like they are gonna try and write this sh*t off their taxes or something by writing a check for it.

To the original question: Selling anything today is a lose/lose proposition. Just sit on whatever your trying to sell until we get that "Guy" out of office and the economy comes back around. Right now, EVERYBODY and their mother is using the "Bad economy" to their advantage to try and get people to give their sh*t away.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

nvrbdn

i know, but i drove to texas to pick up a vehicle i purchased. i got there and checked it out and handed the guy 7500.00 he says "are you nuts? if you were stopped on the road and they found this money on you they would think your a drug dealer." then i pulled out the internet papers from the deal and told him thats why i brought the proof of what i was carrying the money for.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House