News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New filler tubes

Started by bobfist, January 23, 2012, 03:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

Fred

You are a busy man.
Good job.
Is the tubing stainless or galvanised?

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Fred

Chatt69chgr

A much needed item.  I might not have spent all the trouble to restore mine if a repop had been available.

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bull

resq302

I see you mention that it gets a silver toned paint.  Won't that come off when it is submerged in the gas tank and then contaminate the gas?  Also, how is the vent baffle inside the tube attached?  What are you going to do for the flange where the gas pump nozzle goes in?  I see a small hole there at this point.  Do you have any plans to drill it out and fold it over like the factory did?  Just curious how a locking gas cap would stay in there then.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bobfist

Quote from: bull on January 29, 2012, 12:27:24 AM
So, about $400 for that thing?

Since we have people in here that does this better and cheaper than us, we put it away for now...
And NO it would not cost 400...
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

70 Charger RT

Hummmmmm, this is an interesting topic :icon_smile_question:
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

nvrbdn

im assuming that a product was being made and then stopped due to someone offering it cheaper. so now it "0" makes since to me. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

I don't know if I pissed him off with my questions or what, but he did reply to my questions about the paint on the tube and such.  Now I see where he replied to my questions is now just a "0".  All I was trying to have was general concerns and questions answered.   :shruggy:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

napaguy

Quote from: resq302 on February 02, 2012, 02:47:22 PM
I don't know if I pissed him off with my questions or what, but he did reply to my questions about the paint on the tube and such.  Now I see where he replied to my questions is now just a "0".  All I was trying to have was general concerns and questions answered.   :shruggy:

pretty sure you arent the one that pissed him off LOL

bobfist

Our flanges now working with the NOS locking gas caps

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

resq302

Looks nice!  Nice fit too! :2thumbs:
Brian

Fred

Good job bobfist, as always.  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bobfist

Pipes done, vented baffle plate inside the tube as well
Just the sealer inside the pipe left

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

resq302

Brian

bobfist

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

Fred

my68rtcharger

So who is making new filler tubes?  I really need one for my 69 Charger.  I thought someone was reproducing them.  If anyone knows of anyone please let me know.

cdr

Quote from: my68rtcharger on September 24, 2012, 08:50:40 AM
So who is making new filler tubes?  I really need one for my 69 Charger.  I thought someone was reproducing them.  If anyone knows of anyone please let me know.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95332.0.html
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

James K

Looks like I have the same problem as others. I have a 69 Charger R/T that needs a new or very good used filler tube. So Bobfist, are you making these? If so where can I get one and how much? If not Bobfist, does anyone else have one they need to get rid of? Let me know, thanks.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 727 Auto, 8-Track, Factory A/C, Console, Double Black, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching Numbers Tranny and Diff.
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner, 727 Auto, Air Grabber, Black Bench Seat, Black Vinyl Top, K3 Burnt Orange, Period Correct 440-4BBL, Matching numbers Tranny and Diff.

66FBCharger

'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

bobfist

I have one ready for shipping
But as i wrote on ebay, they have signs from being handmade
Maybe it shows on the previous pictures.

Thanks

Tony
www.bobfist.com
Sweden