News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FYI for diecast fans: CRAZY LARRY'S CHARGER officially being released in 1:18

Started by jwramc, January 24, 2012, 05:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwramc

For my retired state trooper Javelin.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6.msg1000301.html#msg1000301

It's a normal-for-1971 plate, but for State Police vehicles, they got an 'S' at far left and a 3-digit number at far right (unique spacing from the normal civilian 3-and-3, centered on the plate). My specific car's original plate number is unknown, so until that info surfaces, I just used the engine displacement for the tag.  :icon_smile_big:
John

model maker

When I go to the  big car shows, i sometimes see some vendors who specialize in "replica plates" and they show all states and some countries as well. I do not know the name of the vendor however, they have always been at the Reno, nevada car show "HOT AUGUST NIGHTS" Check out any big car shows you may go to and look for these vendors.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

Fred

I just bought a bunch of old US number plates at the last car show I went to for no other reason than to hang on my garage wall.
:hah:  In case anybody cares!

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

jwramc

When a hot little redhead tells me to, I will...cuz it's bound to be the start of something good. But in this instance, I'm-a-gonna pass!  :lol:
John

Fred

Larry Rayder

I read about the wheel size and brand but I am not %100 percent convinced about some comments concerning size.  There is no doubt the fronts were Good Years as mentioned as can clearly seen in the orchard scene.  It is also true that tire and wheel sizes varied from car to car or certain scenes....

I swear it looks like a "14 front and a "15 rear in some scenes, mainly of the 69 R/T.  There weren't as many "large" tire sizes for a "14 like there were for a "15 so I think the size mentioned for the rear is accurate but looking at that front sidewall it appears as large as the rear sidewall which wouldn't be possible if the rear is a taller diameter and width and how at an angle the rear wheel should look a bit smaller if it were the same diameter but yet appears the same size making me think a "14 front and "15 rear were possible.  Anyone know for sure??????
Me: Why didn't they make this bracket easier to get to and adjust?  It would have been much simpler with a little design change...

Dad: I'll tell you why.....It would have made too much damn sense, that's why.

jwramc

Sorry I've not been around much lately, but I have an update for you all re: the DMCL car... in case you haven't already heard about it.

The project is currently delayed, pushed back to mid-to-late 2013...and for the reason I always dread: Licensing. But it isn't that 20th Century Fox won't let AW do it. The issue is that FOX doesn't see such a small run of items (the 1000-1500 Chargers) as generating enough money for them to bother having their legal department do all the paperwork. :brickwall:

But the project is NOT dead. AW simply has to find a way to creatively get the licensing from FOX in another way... and the plan is in motion.
I'm unable to be more specific right now, but the plan could end up getting even more cool cars released that are otherwise never going to be done.  :2thumbs:

So, we're gonna have to wait a while longer... but what's another 9 months when we've waited nearly 40 years?  ::)

More as it happens...
John

Ghoste

Not to be a downer on it all, but personally if the plan involves slightly altering the appearance or changing the name on the box art to something generic like "bright yellow movie Charger", I won't be too interested in buying any.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,93408.msg1065275.html#msg1065275

jwramc

Nope- not on the radar at all. AW's view is all or nothing. No full license, they won't bother...and they seem confident they'll get it.

*I* had pushed to do the car anyway, in a generic AW box, no mention of the movie...and skip the movie stripes and license plates. Just a custom-painted '69 Charger with slotted wheels. I figured *I* could easily add the final touches, and the box just wouldn't matter to *me*. And surely an eBay seller would offer the stripes and plates soon after for buyers to apply themselves.

...but AW shot down the idea. No license, no Citron Yella release. So, it's a wait-and-see on the Plan B tactics to get the car and box you want. :)
John

Ghoste

jwramc

Pardon me as I dust off this oldie.

There's light at the end of the tunnel and It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

"Yeah, yeah. So we got off to a bad start. Well ya' know what it means when somebody like me gets off to a bad start? Not a God damn thing." ~Larry Rayder

That's all for now. More very soon.  :coolgleamA:
John

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

fireguyfire

'66 Coronet 500
'68 Charger
'69 Sweptline Adventurer pickup
'56 Dodge Regent

jwramc

Quote from: fireguyfire on February 25, 2014, 07:01:20 PM
Okay; now you've got me excited again!

That was the plan. :)

I'd love to spill the beans, but for the time being, I'm sworn to secrecy. Suffice to say "I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe." ~Batty, Blade Runner :)
John

TPR

I'm trying not to get excited about this, after the disappointment of the previous cancellation. I really hope we don't get let down again.
Please share some info/pictures as soon as you are able. A pre-production sample would be good to see.
I was thinking that it would be great if AW released a chase version with a '68 front end.
Thanks for the heads up JW.
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

jwramc

Quote from: TPR on February 26, 2014, 04:54:25 AM
I'm trying not to get excited about this, after the disappointment of the previous cancellation. I really hope we don't get let down again.
Please share some info/pictures as soon as you are able. A pre-production sample would be good to see.
I was thinking that it would be great if AW released a chase version with a '68 front end.
Thanks for the heads up JW.
TPR

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!  :lol: I pitched that very same Chase '68 idea two years ago (insert fart/church reference here). I agree it would be cool as heck, but I'd say the chances are very slim.

As for your other request, for now, more famous quotes: "I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land." ~Martin Luther King Jr.   :drool5: "Hmm. Control, control. You must learn control." ~Yoda.
John

Ghoste

I'm not going to get too excited yet either but I'm remaining very positive and hopeful.  :icon_smile_big:

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

jwramc

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL!!! I'll start a new thread for the announcement!!  :cheers:
John

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger