News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock Intakes...

Started by Mopar Madness, January 26, 2006, 07:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Madness

Just a helpfull hint. If you are installing a New Edelbrock Intake place it on the block right out of the package and check the Right side mounting holes. Edelbrock has always made a great intake but there must be a little machine work off.
I have had 2 in the last month that were off on the right side and the holes had to be enlarged. One of the Mopar engine builders in FL, is encountering the same problem. I'd check it close , it may save you time & gaskets......

deathcharger71

i made the mistake of putting on the gaskets and laying down the silicone then the intake only to find out it didnt fit  :icon_smile_dead: i was also told they put on a little extra metal and often have to be milled. i found out the harder and more expensive way.

Ghoste

Chryco has had a lot of issues with them too.  Core shift and porosity I think. 
I've had a couple in the past and like you said, they were great.

694spdRT

I think a member here had a similar problem not too long ago trying to put one on a 400. I wonder if he figured it out.  ???
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mopar Madness

I did it about 6 months ago and just always trusting Edelbrock quality without checking it, I too spent the cost of gaskets & time.
  Last 2 I encountered this problem on were 440 6-Pack intakes, and Charlie in FL is having the problem with Dual Plane SB intakes. My understanding is Mopar Performance Intakes are made by Edelbrock so I wonder....
But now a few months ago I helped my brother install a Dual Plane Edelbrock on a 455 Pontiac and it fit perfect...
I've contacted Edelbrock, I'll see their reply..

RECHRGD

If you just lose the gaskets and use a silicone sealer between the intake and the valley tray they usually fit fine.  I know that was the case on my 440 RPM and I've heard the same from others.  Just be sure the sealant used is resistance to gasoline.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Headrope

I never paid attention much in shop class - well, there was this one girl - but I do remember being told to always test fit new parts before installing them.
This thread is a good reminder.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.