News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Have You Been Up to For the Past Year?

Started by Shakey, February 07, 2012, 04:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

Some of you may know that I recently popped back in to say hello after being away for almost a year.  No I was not in jail but had a lot on my plate.  I am interested in hearing about what you have been up to for the past 12 months or so, whether it being working on your car, projects around house, becoming a new parent or whatever.

Me, I left the company that employed me for just over 10 years and decided to start my own deal.  I have been busy getting the company off the ground, not really difficult being just a "one man show" and working from home, but I have certainly learned a lot about setting up a company and all the legalities that go with it.  It's slowly building momentum but enough about me.

So.....

What have you been up to?   :shruggy:

The70RT

I wonder where you went to. I'm glad your company is taking off  :2thumbs: Got the RT painted over the summer and got the vinyl top on last Sunday.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back N Black

A year older and another 3000 k on the charger. Oh, some punk kid took a knife to my vinyl roof.

squeakfinder

I do this most of the time   :popcrn:

Put in a 3.23 sure grip in place of the 3.91 this last year is about all I've done to my car.

I'm curious what starting a business out of your home in Canada is like. I did it in the early 90's for awhile.
I hope you find time to close the door and get away from it to take a break now and then.  
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

NHCharger

Glad to see you back posting.
I was self employed for 20 years. Loved it 75% of the time. The other 25% I would have sold it all off for a dollar.
Miss your detailed posts about restoring your car. I need them since I've joined the darkside and picked up a 68 Charger project.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bakerhillpins

Lets see here, Last year huh? Seems to get more and more busy as each one ticks off. Lets knock this off as a list in random order.

• Searched for and ended up buying my 69 Charger  :2thumbs: 
  • Built a 2.5 cord wood shed out back
  • Remodeled 2 kids rooms, got half way though the remodel of another room
  • Created an LLC and formalized a joint venture for a product that I have been working on (on the side) for a few years.
  • Started taking Karate lessons with my Daughter
  • Went to Vegas for the first time, Carlisle for the 2nd.
  • Various Fire Dept calls, duties.
  • Raising 3 kids (11,9,9)
  • Working full time gig which had me in FL for just short of a calendar month early last year.

I'm sure there is more but those are the highlights.  :eek2:

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Swapped a few sets of wheels on the Charger...thats about it for the Charger this past year....

This year Ill be trying out a new set of Bilstein shocks & just putting gas in her... :drive:

As far as the homefront  had my oldest daughters sweet 16 which meant no "big" vacation last year....gearing up for another Disney/Universal run this year though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A383Wing

Short version here:

I had colon cancer, survived that, wife had to have her heart stopped & restarted again, it was beating out of sync, been going to doctors & hospitals so much over the last year I feel I should have my own personal parking space out front. Our septic tank has issues, got that fixed....got a major mess to clean up around here from the ice & snow we just had...probably gonna take me until mid-summer to finish

I can go on...but it just gets worse

Bryan

nvrbdn

thought up reasons why i wouldnt finish my car again. watched the track sit idle. missed monster mopar. got motivated and finished the car and got it running before christmas. watched the track open back up. all in all, not a bad year. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Mopar440+6

Oh, not too much... :whistling:

January '11 - Finished remodeling 3 rooms of the house

February '11 - We were blessed with this little cutie exactly one year ago today (2/9/11)

May '11 - Spent 13 days in the hospital after gall stones caused severe pancreatitis and had my gall bladder removed

June '11 - Got kind of a promotion at work (100%-200% more responsibility for 4% more pay)

July '11 - Completely redid the landscaping around the house

August '11 - Married the woman of my dreams and 2nd most important woman in my life (see above for the 1st ;) )

September '11 - Parents moved into a new house and listed the home where I grew up for 22 years for sale

November '11 - Found out I will have a son in June 2012

December '11 - Started remodeling the remaining 3 rooms of the house

January '12 - Began the search for a new job

Been a crazy ride this year... :drive:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on February 09, 2012, 12:32:52 AM

You know whats causing that dont cha?   :whistling: :whistling:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

Been working on some major repairs to my house, mostly the roof, but I added another beam to support the rafter span that sagged because the previous owner hired a crackhead that had a stolen hammer claiming he was a builder.  :lol:

The only thing I bought automotive wise, were some misc items like exhaust tips, stainless fuel lines & this handy adapter ring for my Scamp so I can remove the twist off gas cap & put on a flip top cap that they used on the 2nd generation Chargers. A guy on the "For A-Bodies Only" forum is making them.  :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 09, 2012, 09:18:43 AM

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Shakey

Great stuff fellas, good to all is well, for the most part!

Although I have not touched my car for quite some time I have still been on "the scene" if you will.  Dodge Don, one of the Moderators at the 1970 Charger Registry, lives just around the corner from me so I was lucky enough to spend some time enjoying his car with him last summer.  He has a fantastic Plum Crazy Charger and the thing is flawless.  Actually his car was chosen as one of the 10 best in Ontario and will be at the auto show in Toronto later this month.

Been pretty busy around the house also.  Both my girls skate three nights a week (synchronized & figure skating) as well as skiing on some weekends.  Summer months has swimming lessons, gymnastics and whatever else they decide they'd like to do.

I feel really guilty for not working on my car, the thing is so close to being finished but there is just so little time.  My Wife keeps booking up our social calendar which also doesn't help much.

Thanks for the updates guys!   :2thumbs:

Mopar440+6

Quote from: Fred on February 09, 2012, 07:20:09 PM

You know whats causing that dont cha?   :whistling: :whistling:

Have a pretty good idea :D

Going to be solving that problem permanently as soon as the boy is born :hack: Not looking forward to that appointment...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

chargermike

worked. went on a cruise. played with the charger all year. nothing broke on it so had to do nothing to it. business was great. and played with my band alot of shows. so it was a great year. no complaints
:cheers:

Tilar

The mailman?  :shruggy:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

this one decided to double post so i erased it, oh well, it was that funny :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

AKcharger

I retired form the AF and got a flying job here in AK. Not much work on either car

...Thanks for asking!

Fred

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on February 09, 2012, 11:11:21 PM
Quote from: Fred on February 09, 2012, 07:20:09 PM

You know whats causing that dont cha?   :whistling: :whistling:

Have a pretty good idea :D

Going to be solving that problem permanently as soon as the boy is born :hack: Not looking forward to that appointment...

No, not if they're going to use a saw!  Try a couple of bricks instead. :D