News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so very close...

Started by 69 DAYTONA, February 18, 2012, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 DAYTONA

Fred

WOW! looks great................never seen one in black before.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

DonC1

tan top

damn  :coolgleamA:  awesome work !!  :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

billssuperbird

moparstuart

very sinister  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
  thanks larry
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

paironines

Wow, that does look really good.

WINGIN IT

WO !  :o
That's the first words out of my mouth on that first pic  :drool5:
And always a fan of black cars with poverty caps  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Hope you post some video when yer done.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

Now decide,balck or green !!  :no:

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: 62 Max on February 18, 2012, 12:35:42 PM
Now decide,balck or green !!  :no:

;)...funny, from the beginning of the project I never seriously considered any other color except black/wh...I had built this car in my mind a long time ago and knew EXACTLY how I wanted it to look and drive, and when a donor Road Runner was found for sale a few miles from my house, "Project Blackbird" was born...it will wear the appropriate Plymouth Superbird decals in black also...hope to put many miles on it over the years to come

...a big thanks to Dorn Restorations for making this car happen, it is simply an astounding piece of work

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: Looks AWESOME in black!

moparstuart

69 DAYTONA

PS...thanx to everyone for the kind comments

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow that is one badass looking ride!!    Love to see it with the top down as well  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Charger-Bodie

Does that thing look as AWESOME in person as it does in the pictures??  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

xpbprox

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on February 18, 2012, 04:14:48 PM
Does that thing look as AWESOME in person as it does in the pictures??  :2thumbs:

...I've owned lots of cars over the last 45 years, but I have to admit, I couldn't take my eyes off of it yesterday...I am very pleased with the level of detail and the workmanship is beyond perfect...yes, I am very happy with the results

...it still has a few very minor details to finish and has just been on one very short shakedown run, hitting the streets soon I hope

Lighthorseman

HOLY.  :drool5: Outstanding.  Please post many, many pictures, as well as video clips.  :popcrn:

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GULFGLENY

Awesome, VERY NICE paint! The black looks great on it.

CornDogsCharger

That thing is SOOOOOO Fine!!!  I've always been a sucker for black cars!  I'd love to see pictures from the side.  Great work

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

69 DAYTONA

...again, thanx for all the kind comments...I know this car doesn't appeal to the masses, but it wasn't built with that in mind, it just has to please me and it does

...typical winged car comments from the unknowing masses, it's ugly etc...why did I use/waste a real RR conv....all the stock parts were saved, easy change back to stock if anyone ever wants...it will remain as it is as long as I own it

...I'll have more shots soon...

Laxy

Wow that looks f*cking incredible!!!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

moparstuart

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,85928.0.html

more pictures of it here , when it was in the works , some with the top down   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

wingcarenvy

That is awesome! Hemi, Black, Convert, and Superbird? Yep awesome!

69 DAYTONA

next project to be finished...

...not a clone or a Phantom,

...1970 GTO Judge conv. RAM AIR III, 4-spd....documented, matching, etc...real deal

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 20, 2012, 06:56:48 PM

...1970 GTO Judge conv. RAM AIR III, 4-spd....documented, matching, etc...real deal

All of the above = BIG BUCKS!  :drool5:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BradD

A few more pics. Modifying the tunnel for the Tremec T56 Magnum 6 speed. Painting the bottom with PPG Commercial Coatings Polyurethane Enamel in a factory gray/green tone with a satin sheen to duplicate the factory primer!

69 DAYTONA

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 19, 2012, 01:00:40 PM
...again, thanx for all the kind comments...I know this car doesn't appeal to the masses, but it wasn't built with that in mind, it just has to please me and it does

...typical winged car comments from the unknowing masses, it's ugly etc...why did I use/waste a real RR conv....all the stock parts were saved, easy change back to stock if anyone ever wants...it will remain as it is as long as I own it

Nice quality build :2thumbs:...best thing to do with that 70 RR vert

Mike

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 20, 2012, 11:51:00 PM

Mike

...it must have been ugly when it was new...bronze/blk-silver int/wh-top....

DAY CLONA

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 21, 2012, 12:15:36 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on February 20, 2012, 11:51:00 PM

Mike

...it must have been ugly when it was new...bronze/blk-silver int/wh-top....

Maybe "back in the day" when it was new, it was a nice car,....but no where as NICE as what you turned it into

mike

moparstuart

BradD

After Larry's Judge convertible is finished we'll get started on his favorite car!

Brad

moparstuart

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: moparstuart on February 21, 2012, 09:53:48 PM
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

...Brad got a little behind in his work this week, trying to get his date "Vinyl Vicki" ready for Saturday night

BradD

LOL....Yea... she was getting a little loose and old Doc had to add a few stiches! ;)

held1823

Quote from: BradD on February 21, 2012, 10:13:06 PM
LOL....Yea... she was getting a little loose and old Doc had to add a few stiches! ;)

bought her used?
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: held1823 on February 21, 2012, 10:37:48 PM

bought her used?

Brad's hung like a 2nd grader :rofl:

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

TXcharger70

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 20, 2012, 06:56:48 PM

Larry, that's Awesome.. I grew up in South Florida with a friend with a "Saturn Yellow"? '70 Ram Air IV 4speed..We would swap drive to the park.. I get my 4speed fix and he get his 6 pack fix in my '70 v-code Charger R/T... Both at the time were our daily drivers...  :icon_smile_big:  Sort of miss those days...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

r4daytona

That does look really sharp. Has got to sound great wth that hemi. "all show, no go"  Not with this, this has both!! great looking!!

BradD

Quote from: 69 DAYTONA on February 21, 2012, 10:48:22 PM

bought her used?

ON STEROIDS!!!!

held1823

Quote from: BradD on February 22, 2012, 07:26:30 PM

bought her used?

ON STEROIDS!!!!

we never had gym class together, so i can't confirm larry's allegation. but the man is known for his honesty.....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

70Sbird

HOLY CRAP!
what a beautiful machine, and a Hemi as well...Congrats
:o

Scott Faulkner

69 DAYTONA

Quote from: held1823 on February 22, 2012, 07:50:46 PM
Quote from: BradD on February 22, 2012, 07:26:30 PM

bought her used?

ON STEROIDS!!!!

we never had gym class together, so i can't confirm larry's allegation. but the man is known for his honesty.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: