News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

833 first gear backs to the neutral

Started by COKE, January 22, 2006, 05:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COKE

Hello,
The firs gear of my 833 shifts too much soft and it backs to the neutral position it self.
I was thinking it  maybe could to be from the 1st &2nd detent plate and detent ball   that does not holds the shift with enough force.
Any suggestion would be welcome.
Regards.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

BigBlockSam

i think you can adjust that at the linkage. mine didn't go all the way into first. my friend adjusted something underneath and now its fine. i shoulda benn paying more attention when he did it. then maybe i could give you a better answer. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Chryco Psycho

it could be an adjustment problem where it is not throwing into gear far enough , or the gear could be worn & pushing the syncro collar off the gear under load

COKE

No,it push the shift when the the clutch is being used.
I still haven,t driven the car too much,but it think it not does this when the car is running.
I tried to screw one turn the shift stud,so it  pulls the shifter lever toward the 1st shift psition a bit more,bu is still doing the same.
I,ll  try turning it a bit more.
69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.