News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Memphis' 70 resto-mod

Started by Memphis Mopar, February 28, 2012, 08:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Glad those fenders are going to good use use Jason!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Memphis Mopar

Thanks Brian.. it feels great to have a set of fenders in good shape to keep the project moving.. 70 fenders that are in good shape are becoming harder and harder to find.  :cheers:

Memphis Mopar

A little more progress.. Back up lights have been filled in.

Memphis Mopar

Antenna, Front and back side marker lights filled in.

Memphis Mopar

New billet hood hinges from Ring Brothers.

Memphis Mopar

New wheels cans/Mini Tubs

Memphis Mopar

A few more shots of the wheel cans/Mini Tubs

speedfreak68

looks great man!  :cheers: I was thinking something similar on colors for my car. Just flip flopped lol

b5blue

Really nice job, the car is starting to come together!  :2thumbs: Will the stock filler tube clear the new tub?  :scratchchin:

Memphis Mopar

@ b5blue not sure...  you bring up a good point. I will have to pass that along to my resto guy. Thanks!

Memphis Mopar

A few shots of where the quarters and the lower valance come together.

Patronus

Lots of new metal there! Must be nice.. Looks good, and nice clean shop too!
Going black still? Gunmetal (or even silver) would be cool too.. :Twocents:
Diggin the frame connectors, maybe I will get to that this winter.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Memphis Mopar

@ Patronus..not sure. There have been a few things changed from the concept since this project started in Feb. I have played with a few more mods and some different paint ideas. I guess the closer I get to paint I will have to make a final decision and just stick with it.  :cheers:

Memphis Mopar

A little more progress...

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: NICE!  I love the Challenger taillight setup.  There is actually a 70 local to me, that has as a burgundy/redish vinyl top, black with same color stripe.  If I can find the picture of it, I will post it up.

Memphis Mopar

better shots of the hood hinges

Budnicks

Those Ring Brothers billet hinges are cool, how much were they ??, do you still use a spring too ??, just curious...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Hemidog

JB400

Quote from: Budnicks on September 15, 2012, 01:53:54 AM
Those Ring Brothers billet hinges are cool, how much were they ??, do you still use a spring too ??, just curious...
Please note gas strut at bottom of hinge. The black cylinder dohickey with a silver sticker.  What is it with our 2nd gens being painted yellow?  Nothing wrong with it, but mine was painted the same way, painted over orange, which was painted factory gold.  Just wondering if I missed something in the 80's/ early 90's.

Memphis Mopar

@ Budnicks I think the hinges from Ring Brothers were 600... @ Stroker Not sure about the yellow.. That is the way I bought the shell.

Memphis Mopar

A few updates. A pic of the fabbed up package tray. Tank strap plates and a pic of the new door.

Memphis Mopar

A few shots of some of the minor rust issues being corrected.

bill440rt

I've got the Ring Bros hinges on my '69 as well, the smooth type.  :drool5:

MM, did you have to shim them out at all due to the angle/contour of the inner apron? If they are not mounted straight they will bind. I had to use 3/8" spacers are the rear mount bolts so they sit straight. The stock stamped hinges already have provisions for this.
I also had to swap out the supplied pistons for the next step up stronger piston. After two weeks, I guess the pistons "broke-in" & were not strong enough to hold up the hood. Ring Bros said this is common & swapped them out FoC.  :2thumbs:

Car looks great, MM!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Memphis Mopar

Bill Thank you for the insight. I will have to get with Josh (my builder) and see if there were any issues. When I went to see the car last week everything seemed to function correctly and it is nice to know if there is an issue with the cylinder that Ring Brothers will work with you.  :cheers:

Memphis Mopar

Today I ordered the transmission for the charger. A TR-6060 6 speed. I will post up a few pics when it comes in.