News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Columbia, MO SWAPMEET..... pics added *update 2-5-06*

Started by RD, January 25, 2006, 05:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad L. Magee

I'm still planning on meeting up with everyone tomarrow shortly before noon near the entrance for lunch.........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

RD

the official what i got from the swap meet with prices :D

1 7/8 Hooker supercomp ceramic coated b-body headers  $175.00  VGC

1 1974 440 block w/main caps and rods $100.00

1 312/.590 solid MP cam (NIB) $150 with lifters

1 74 date code 3 core max cooling c body radiator  $20

2 3 bolt cam timing sets $20 for both

1 set of TRW 2295 .030 pistons with connecting rods $125.00 (minimal scuff on skirts)

2 NOS condensers $2

1 68 Charger door for my friend (thanks Chad!)

1 set of 68-70 underdash vent/heater ductwork $20 (thanks Dan!  aka Hooked on Mopars) also for my friend

met the proprietor from A&A transmissions (great guy, love his products)

got great pics, will post when I get home tomorrow.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chad L. Magee

RD- Thank you for helping me get the large stuff moved.  I hope the door helps out in the Charger's restoration.......

My parts tally went like this....

3 69 Charger headrests, vinyl cracked but repairable......$120
70 Coronet standard hood, rust/dent free, spare for my Bee......$100
68 Charger taillights, pair, descent chrome, good lenses.....$40
70 Charger buddy seat, mint, light green......$25
68 Coronet RT emblem, very little pitting.....$10
70 Charger valence, rusty, needs dent repair, has license plate bracket......$10
Time spent with cool mopar people.....priceless ;D

Blue Pentastar

I had a great time and saw a lot of friends and made some new ones. Picked up some small stuff and enjoyed talking to everyone.
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

hotrod98

Swap meet was better than expected.

Sold 4 hoods to Gene Gregory
Picked up 70 Coronet Super Bee Power bulge hood for my superbird clone from Mike Muenz (R.M. Mobarn)
69 Runner left fender minor dent, minor rust spot $120.00
69 Runner left door, straight no rust $100
69 Runner hood hinges, perfect $40
70 Coronet turn signals very nice with perfect lenses $60
72 Charger taillamp lenses very nice no cracks $30

Chad,
That was about the nicest 70 coronet standard hood that I've seen. That guy has several 70 power bulge hoods as well. Just didn't bring any of them. I almost bought your hood just to have around.
I saw a lot of nice stuff and some of it was decently priced. There was a lot of race stuff which I no longer have a use for. I thought that the $15 entry for Friday was too high, especially since I didn't buy anything on Friday.
A friend of mine is Greg Garner, a fellow Arkansan. He's the guy that converts the tachs and clocks to modern internals. He had a booth setup and was repairing and selling tachs and I have to say that I'm impressed. His electronics makes those old tachs work better than new.

Still didn't find a bulge hood for my 74 charger.

The 70 Challenger funny car reminded me of my Dickie Harrell 69 funny car that I owned in the mid 70's. Was very nice car, but it wasn't for sale. Darn !

I loved the 67 belvedere station wagon. I have got to get me one of those some day. I would probably drive it more than my 71 cuda. It was a 6 cyl but was a very nice car. If I had it, I would probably have to buy a 5.7 hemi 5 speed automatic pull out for it.

I'll probably go next year

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Chad L. Magee

Yeah, I was suprised by how nice it was.  Most of the time, they are either dented bad or rusted out on the lip edges.......

BB1

What's the date and time? I might make it out Sat.   :icon_smile_cool:
Delete my profile

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: cudahob3 on February 05, 2006, 08:32:47 AM
What's the date and time? I might make it out Sat.   :icon_smile_cool:

Too late cudahob, it was Friday and Saturday, 3rd and 4th.

Bought a bunch of little items, less than $20 each.  Walked around 3 hours till my feet hurt, making several laps around the building.  Had a great time.  The restored 69 Charger grille (meaning the whole 9 yards, lights, buckets, brackets etc.)  sold for $1,000 and 3 used wood grain steering wheels.  The guy specializes in 68 and 69 Charger grille restoration, wood grain wheel restoration, among other things.  Will post his contact info if I can find it.

A guy showed up at noon when I was leaving with a 68 Road Runner Auto Console car less engine and trans for $1,800.

Someone gave $12,500 for an original but rusty 68 Road Runner 4 speed Bench car that was on the swap meet floor, unreal.  They had a question mark on it whether it had 11,000 miles or 111,000miles.  Judging by the duct tape on the driver's side of the bench seat, and the rear driver's side spring hangar about to come through the trunk floor it was 111,000 miles.

Wish I could have stayed longer RD, and Chad L. Mcgee.  I got home at 2 am  Sunday morning :icon_smile_tongue:  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_tongue:.

Had a bigger fish to fry later that day. :icon_smile_cool: :o :D :D :D :2thumbs: :icon_smile: :scratchchin: :boogie: :boogie: :angel: :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_wink:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

Chad L. Magee

Glad you had fun.  Don't forget about the other swapmeet (all makes) coming up soon......

RD

here are the pics:

1) Dan (Hooked on Mopars), Lonnie (MOPARHOUND!), and Chad L. Magee (as himself)

2) Megaparts table

3) Plymouth Fury

4) Pics of the Roadrunner MOPARHOUND! talked about

5) A Hemi block that was selling for $350.00.  The guy who was selling it said that "all you had to do was cut out the skirt from any 383/400/440 and just weld it in there."  I asked him, "Well if it is that easy, why didn't he do it?" hehe

6) Funny Car Challenger with 392 hemi

7) A very nice 70 Challenger, 340 4 spd convertible survivor car.  14,000 miles i think it said on the sign but not sure.

8. 4 spd console $575.00!!!!!  :o :o

9) a mini viper

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

St.Joe68

I went to the swap with RD, pretty good time.  Thanks again Chad for the door, I am sure that it is going to save me a ton of time.  I will have to get some better pictures of my project and post later.

RD

Quote from: St.Joe68 on February 06, 2006, 11:34:09 PM
I went to the swap with RD, pretty good time.  Thanks again Chad for the door, I am sure that it is going to save me a ton of time.  I will have to get some better pictures of my project and post later.
about damn time you showed up!

hotrod98

RD,
I saw you taking pics and yelled at you, but it was too noisy in there. I figured that I would see you again later, but never did. I'm glad that I went. The runner parts that I bought will help out a lot when I start building that car next year.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams