News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I did it again... PICS

Started by Rolling_Thunder, March 09, 2012, 09:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Thunder you got a beautiful car!

The Gold and Green combo is very striking and extremely rare nowadays. If I recall Chrysler first offered gold exterior with green interior to compete with GM because it wasn't available before and became popular on many GM luxury models in late 1967.

Conversely, green exterior with gold interior was a more popular choice in this era. Corvettes offered a popular green with saddle interior in the late 60's.

I know know Chrysler continued to offer gold with green interior through 1971...(and maybe later) but its rare to see any restored example these days.  :2thumbs:

Rolling_Thunder

Part of me always wants to restore a car - but this color combo would do absolutely nothing for me. I was thinking blue with a white gut - but it seems 90% of the Very B-bodies out there have that combo   haha        Still looking. I might go with something a little different - But that won't be an issue as It looks like I'll be going away for close to 6 months for job training. I figure it doesn't make sense to start a project and then leave when it's all apart. 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

TUFCAT

Me thinks its worth more money than you paid - intact and unrestored - to somebody looking for a rare mopar oddity.  :Twocents:

djcarguy

had 2 gold 'n'green cars,,,,a 69 camaro,350-350 combo.  and a 70 challenger RT 383mag-727 with dana rear..  great nite runners when light is low to not see the green,,looks black inside.haha

great buy on your ragtop,for cruse and parades i thing auto is best,, 4spd and clutch getts very old in slow drive stop and go stuff.

did ya get back seat???  may still have one,i have a 67 belvedere ragtop,, with gtx trim, with 4spd,,was 3 on tree new..  well i parted a 66 coronet rag 20 years ago and saved top and all the rag stuff i could strip and or cut off the shell.

i would also leave it as a manual top,not that hard to put up and down..  may sell some of rag parts have to look and think on it.....    great project ,,love the solid west coast floors and low rust..  dj,,oregon,,west coast,rules"""ha

Rolling_Thunder

Yes = The back seat cores are in the trunk. I would leave it as a manual top but I am lazy - so a power top seems to be in my future.  :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 12, 2012, 12:43:42 PM
so a power top seems to be in my future.  :smilielol:

that sounds wrong on so many levels. :rofl:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 12, 2012, 04:59:25 PM
so a power top seems to be in my future.  :smilielol:

that sounds wrong on so many levels. :rofl:

:fu:   All I gotta say to that     :rofl:  was pretty good though ---  I'll have to introduce you to my GF one of these days ponch - she'll get a kick out of you

TUFCAT

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 13, 2012, 03:30:15 PM

:fu:   All I gotta say to that     :rofl:  was pretty good though ---  I'll have to introduce you to my GF one of these days ponch - she'll get a kick out of you

Ponch???  Really!  Think again before you dirty up your sweet girlfriend like that! (...only kidding) :icon_smile_big: LOL.  :icon_smile_wink:

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 13, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

:fu:   All I gotta say to that     :rofl:  was pretty good though ---  I'll have to introduce you to my GF one of these days ponch - she'll get a kick out of you

Ponch???  Really!  Think again before you dirty up your sweet girlfriend like that! (...only kidding) :icon_smile_big: LOL.  :icon_smile_wink:

Haha   She can handle herself    :2thumbs:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 13, 2012, 05:45:07 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on March 13, 2012, 04:34:07 PM

Haha   She can handle herself    :2thumbs:

*nah...too easy*  ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Rolling_Thunder

Go to the Fling Ponch - I'm going to try and drag her bones up with me to look at color combos for the Satellite.      I dont know if you'll recognize me when i'm significantly thinner than before.  haha

Ponch ®

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on March 13, 2012, 09:06:34 PM
Go to the Fling Ponch - I'm going to try and drag her bones up with me to look at color combos for the Satellite.      I dont know if you'll recognize me when i'm significantly thinner than before.  haha

ill be there. I pretty much have to. :yesnod:

Old Moparz

Nice find, I love ragtops.   :cheers:

Yes = The back seat cores are in the trunk. I would leave it as a manual top but I am lazy - so a power top seems to be in my future.  :smilielol:

Just a heads up on the top cylinders. If the ones you're bidding on are used, they are not serviceable & would need to be replaced if they are bad. The pump should be serviceable, but I don't know for sure. You can get all the parts new from several places, but I'd recommend Hydro-E-Letric.

http://www.hydroe.com/

I bought the cylinders in my '69 Satellite from them in the mid 80's & they are still in use & work fine.   :2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 14, 2012, 03:19:03 PM

Just a heads up on the top cylinders. If the ones you're bidding on are used, they are not serviceable & would need to be replaced if they are bad. The pump should be serviceable, but I don't know for sure. You can get all the parts new from several places, but I'd recommend Hydro-E-Letric.

I bought the cylinders in my '69 Satellite from them in the mid 80's & they are still in use & work fine.   :2thumbs:
are my top cyinders a ticking time bomb  ?  they are still the factory originals and work just fine  ?   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on March 14, 2012, 03:26:29 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 14, 2012, 03:19:03 PM

are my top cyinders a ticking time bomb  ?  they are still the factory originals and work just fine  ?   

Probably depends on how they were taken care of, or how the car was stored over the years.   :shruggy:

When I bought mine in 1984 they worked, but the pump whined & ran slow. Soon after it all finally stopped working completely. Turns out that the fluid leaked out into the carpet & insulation over the years, & the previous owner never took care of it. That was a good thing though, the floors looked like new since they were protected with a sea of hydraulic fluid.  :lol:

There was an eccentric old guy "Tex Richardson" from Upper Saddle River, NJ (I can't believe I still remember his name...LOL) who was recommended to me by a top & upholstery place. He was the only person I could find who worked on these things in my area. He had 100's of new cylinders in his basement, but mostly GM & Ford. He said the ones I had were all sealed from the factory, & once he takes it apart, that's it. I found Hydro-E-Letric in Hemmings, ordered a pair of cylinders, then went back to the old guy so he could put them in. They were like $60 each back then, but at least twice that now.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Rolling_Thunder

non serviceable?   Hmmm   that sounds like a challenge.  :yesnod:

Well I ended up getting the pair for a whopping $15.99 plus $10.00 for shipping - if they don't work then i'll figure something out.   I have a line on a motor that I will get in trade for some parts I need gone anyway. The motors are serviceable - couple O-rings and what not...    I plan on getting new hoses though.

I decided on the color scheme and engine - Told my old man I'm just going to pull the 318 and clean/paint it when I paint the car -- his reply?   "Why not just build one of those 440s in your shed and put that in?" ----   Sometimes I think my old man is a bad influence.  :rofl:

So now I am just accumulating parts for the future plans. I plan on having the car in the body shop when I ship out to GA for training. That way the body shop can take their time working on it - I'll be gone 5 months for paid training. Sounds good to me.   :2thumbs: