News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 charger

Started by 69firebird, November 15, 2011, 09:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

why be too nice to the guy when he says this "i dont like chargers im a pontiac guy " on a charger site then cant or wont produce any evidence that the car exists with pic's. he wants a value sight unseen. when you ask for pic's,he says "it dos'nt matter anyway since judging by the comments nobody on here knows what its worth". i know there is alot of knowledge on here about value (and its not from me) but you have to give them something to go on. :Twocents:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

I was certainly one of the early chargers on calling the guy out, but it doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't legit.  In spite of me claiming it doesn't exist I would still rather see the guy come back on here and make me wrong.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 14, 2011, 08:42:19 AM
why be too nice to the guy when he says this "i dont like chargers im a pontiac guy " on a charger site then cant or wont produce any evidence that the car exists with pic's. he wants a value sight unseen. when you ask for pic's,he says "it dos'nt matter anyway since judging by the comments nobody on here knows what its worth". i know there is alot of knowledge on here about value (and its not from me) but you have to give them something to go on. :Twocents:

Well - We kind of got his back up before that post. That was a "lash out".

elacruze

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 13, 2011, 04:48:55 PM
Ouch

Some were a little harsh, don't you think guys......you sent the guy packing.

--->Outing trolls since 1993.

My sig pic isn't just a funny scene.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2011, 10:39:17 AM
I was certainly one of the early chargers on calling the guy out, but it doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't legit.  In spite of me claiming it doesn't exist I would still rather see the guy come back on here and make me wrong.

I don't know if he will come back on here....

I can tell you a few things.......

He was helping to sell it for a (non-computer using) friend who is in the midst of a divorce

The car is 100% Real

He has indeed owned the car since 1980 and bought it from the original owner.

The car is more than likely the only one made and certainly is the only one known in that configuration.

He really doesn't hate Chargers   :lol: - just said that after the heat he was getting.

I was lucky enough to catch him with a PM to get the info.

At that point I asked him to stand pat while I negotiated with his friend - the owner.

The car is SOLD.  ;)

Ghoste

So the moral of the story once again, is follow every lead no matter how unlikely?
Congratulations to the new owner and hopefully we will be kinder to the next person coming on here with a difficult to believe car.
Oh, and tell them that Ghoste is officially apologizing. :2thumbs:

elacruze

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 14, 2011, 02:05:18 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2011, 10:39:17 AM

I don't know if he will come back on here....

I can tell you a few things.......

He was helping to sell it for a (non-computer using) friend who is in the midst of a divorce

The car is 100% Real

He has indeed owned the car since 1980 and bought it from the original owner.

The car is more than likely the only one made and certainly is the only one known in that configuration.

He really doesn't hate Chargers   :lol: - just said that after the heat he was getting.

I was lucky enough to catch him with a PM to get the info.

At that point I asked him to stand pat while I negotiated with his friend - the owner.

The car is SOLD.  ;)

My apologies for Troll-whacking him then, sincerely.

Did *you* get the car? ... :scratchchin:
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

maxwellwedge

You are good guys - that's why we are all here!  :2thumbs:

Did I get the car?     

To quote some on here....... :popcrn:

To quote Little Stewie....    :drool5:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on December 14, 2011, 02:10:44 PM
So the moral of the story once again, is follow every lead no matter how unlikely?
Congratulations to the new owner and hopefully we will be kinder to the next person coming on here with a difficult to believe car.
Oh, and tell them that Ghoste is officially apologizing. :2thumbs:

Follow them all my friend.....you just never know.   :cheers:

nvrbdn

well, if you ended up with the car, great for you. in re-reading the whole thing,he never stated the condition of the car and had 7 posts directed toward condition, need of pic's and possible value. one red flag statement that wasnt harsh,then a possible value and then the obvious stated that if the car was left outside,the condition mabey wouldnt be quite as good.(mabey not put as subtle as stated here) please post pic's. over 2 days with no other feedback as to the condition of the car.or pic's of the car. im sure he may be a nice guy that got frustrated for not getting a quick straight answer. or mabey he didnt know how to post a pic (although someone offered to do it for him). i think if you want a true value for something,you offer all the info you can on a car without making people drag it out of you. i hope this car is sweet and you got an awesome deal on it. i hope the poor guy going through the divorce fares well seeing he has already lost greatly. thanks for filling us in :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

472 R/T SE

Remember the 3x black '69 Charger RT that '69 OUR/TEA owns now.  Everyone said the sketchy auction was a scam.

Runninhorn's ruined us around here. 

Ghoste

Yep, runninhorn, itchyballs, and their ilk not to mention every Hemi in a barn Saturday I've wasted looking at 6 cylinder Novas.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 14, 2011, 09:23:12 PM

Actually that was really me Mike...   :D    Kidding!   Kidding!!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: maxwellwedge on December 15, 2011, 08:46:31 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 14, 2011, 09:23:12 PM

Actually that was really me Mike...   :D    Kidding!   Kidding!!

You know how you get an idea of how each person's personality is through their threads?  I think he's amongst us now & if you paid attention to his previous ways you'd know who I'm talking about.

1968 Charger B5

Be careful...if you sell and then intend/will be, on buying back that's avoiding the divorce proceedings regarding property, and courts are not stupid...
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Ghoste

Most rarities that end up in the collection of Mr. Wedge tend to stay there and live out a pampered, climate controlled existence.  That's why our man Stu wants to be his adopted son.  Well, that and his secret love for Canadian beer.

maxwellwedge

Pampered and Driven!   :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: maxwellwedge on February 11, 2012, 11:08:23 PM
Pampered and Driven!   :2thumbs:

What's cool is driving one of them & then keeping pace watching someone else driving one of the other ones.

Pay no attention to Chevy guy driving.   Truth be told, he's a closet Mopar fanatic.  Chevy guy or not, he loved that big ol' "0" for the grill.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

maxwellwedge

kab69440

Quote from: ChargerST on November 17, 2011, 03:41:28 PM
I smell BS...

"Uhhh, well I smell french fries but that don't make no sense, huh Skank?"
Gutter Boy from "The Wraith"
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

472 R/T SE

cowboy4x4n

sell it or figt it to a friend for a dollar.  after the Big D is finalized buy it back from him

472 R/T SE

Quote from: cowboy4x4n on March 28, 2012, 02:16:19 PM
sell it or figt it to a friend for a dollar.  after the Big D is finalized buy it back from him

I thought you talking about your wife being upset about buying more cars was in jest.  Sorry to hear it's caused a divorce, wow.

You can figt it to me for a dollar my friend.