News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alright, an update

Started by terrible one, January 27, 2006, 12:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

I've got an update on the '68 Charger I was thinking about purchasing. The guy said I could have it for $4,000. I'm going to put in a lot of pictures, please tell me what you guys think about the price. Looks like a good deal to me.

Blown70

Had to always tell from pics but I would say from what I see and with what is there it is well worth the $$.  Anything you can tell us about it.

Driveline, or do you have one.?

Tom

I would buy it....

Pistolpete

I have to agree, sounds like a steal, but without more info tough to say........

I'd buy it too
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

terrible one

The car is an original 383 car. No engine, tranny, or driveshaft. Frame still has almost all of original undercoating in tact. All of the grill assembly is there, and worked when the guy got the car. The whole front end of the car is done, including the suspension. The pictures show how little rust the car has. The interior is all there and in restorable condition, besides the front seats which were gone when the guy got the car.

That's all I know, but I figure with all the time, work, and money already put into it, the rising prices, the grill being all there,and the interior, it is a really good price, yes?

Charger_Fan

Is it just me, or is the school bus in the 1st pic shorter than the Charger? :scope: :smilielol:

I'd say judging from the pics, for the money, you couldn't go too wrong.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blown70

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 27, 2006, 01:13:28 PM
Is it just me, or is the school bus in the 1st pic shorter than the Charger? :scope: :smilielol:

THE SHORT BUS..... :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Tom

greenpigs

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on January 27, 2006, 01:13:28 PM

Why, you want to buy your high school ride?

Buy the Charger...BTW.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

terrible one

Alright, so you guys think 4 g's is a good price, and this would be a good start? I'm only doin this once so I just gotta be anal and double check.

Silver R/T

looks like good deal, especially he has already started some bodywork on it looks like
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

terrible one

Yeah I'm sure that that is a lot of $$$ worth of body work already put into it, plus the grills are worth a lot as well, right? I don't know how much the front suspension piece and all were, but probably not cheap. Also what hasn't been done looks really good too IMHO

Blown70

Quote from: terrible one on January 27, 2006, 05:47:24 PM

Yeah I'm sure that that is a lot of $$$ worth of body work already put into it, plus the grills are worth a lot as well, right? I don't know how much the front suspension piece and all were, but probably not cheap. Also what hasn't been done looks really good too IMHO

BUY IT!!! ;D

rare69

plenty restorable, if 68 is what your looking for i would jump on it.cant hardly buy the fenders for 4 grand.

BB1

That one is near me, I thought about it. Do you need someone to look at it? $4000. uh mmmm?

I think the vin said it was a 318 car instead of a 383.

Let me know.
Delete my profile

terrible one

Hey man, I would LOVE for someone to look at it. Only if it's plenty convienent though. Yes, the VIN does say it is a 318 car, but I don't mind.

If need be, you can e-mail me at messywires@gmail.com

terrible one

Quote from: rare69 on January 27, 2006, 11:18:56 PM
plenty restorable, if 68 is what your looking for i would jump on it.cant hardly buy the fenders for 4 grand.

Yeah, I was looking for a '68 or '70. Everyone is telling me that the work already done is worth the price he wants for the car.  ;D

jaak

judging by the pic and description you gave... I would give 4K for it, looks like a good project.

Jason

BB1

Delete my profile

terrible one

You have a reply  :icon_smile_cool:

Oh yeah, thank you guys for all of the help. I'll basically know today whether or not I'll be able to get her

andy74

terrible one

Alright guys, 49 minutes till the auction ends on the bay, and its at $3150. Therefore I think I might try to get it thru Ebay hence the cheaper price and record of the transaction. I've got the permission and the funding now. Know what the problem is? Where to keep it?! Ahhh  ::)

greenpigs

Quote from: terrible one on January 28, 2006, 08:12:28 PM

Know what the problem is? Where to keep it?! Ahhh ::)

Try MeFirst ass, I hear from Doc74 he can fit lots of stuff up in it.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Drache

Quote from: greenpigs on January 28, 2006, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: terrible one on January 28, 2006, 08:12:28 PM

Know what the problem is? Where to keep it?! Ahhh ::)

Try MeFirst ass, I hear from Doc74 he can fit lots of stuff up in it.

I thought that's where Silver R/T is keeping all his stuff at the moment?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

terrible one

Welp...

With 10 seconds left it was at $3100, and I put in a bid for $3600. I was winning until 3 seconds left when someone (who I think was usuing a damn sniper) outbid me by 50 dollars...I didn't have enough time to put in another bid. I'm bummed guys  :'(

Drache

Quote from: terrible one on January 28, 2006, 09:07:37 PM
Welp...

With 10 seconds left it was at $3100, and I put in a bid for $3600. I was winning until 3 seconds left when someone (who I think was usuing a damn sniper) outbid me by 50 dollars...I didn't have enough time to put in another bid. I'm bummed guys  :'(

Very sorry to hear that. Hopefully you have better luck next time....
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

terrible one

Ah it's alright. Sometime soon I will have one and then I can laugh and enjoy it because I have one and don't have to worry about not having one  :icon_smile_big:

Drache

Quote from: terrible one on January 28, 2006, 11:34:32 PM

Ah it's alright. Sometime soon I will have one and then I can laugh and enjoy it because I have one and don't have to worry about not having one  :icon_smile_big:

Unless you have to restore it. It's still fun but there's not always that much laughing lol  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Troy

Quote from: terrible one on January 28, 2006, 09:07:37 PM
Welp...

With 10 seconds left it was at $3100, and I put in a bid for $3600. I was winning until 3 seconds left when someone (who I think was usuing a damn sniper) outbid me by 50 dollars...I didn't have enough time to put in another bid. I'm bummed guys :'(
Just wondering...

if you were willing to pay $4,000 then why didn't you make that your maximum bid? At least if it had sold for $50 more than the most you would pay it would be better than losing it to someone for $350 less than you thought it was worth. I had this conversation three times already this week with people talking about never being able to get good deals. I buy almost every single good deal I find right there on the spot with no haggling and no BS. I may pay slightly more than someone else for something but I still get it and I still pay less than what I was willing to. I'd rather have the car/part than to be empty handed and wishing I had forked over an extra $50. I'm sure you can find another car and I hope you find one even nicer. Next time, pull the trigger when you have the chance! (Just don't get railroaded into paying more than a fair price.) :thumbs:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

terrible one

Troy, I completly understand where you are coming from.

I didn't give him the $4k for 2 reasons.

Firstly, the guy hadn't responded to me in e-mail while the auction was about to end, and I didn't want to make the offer and him have to sell it to the winner. Didn't want to risk not having a shot at the car at all. Also my dad wanted me to go to $3,600 firm. Yes, $4k is easily a great deal, but he doesn't see it like myself, just as a project for me and a rolling body that needs a helluva lot of work and money.

BB1

Try and find off ebay sites, local papers, penney saver. Not everyone has or knows how to use computers.
Cash in hand always helps.
These cars are well known money makers, crooks like hlpeg make a living off of rusted hulks, beware.

It might take years, that's the way I look at it. Good luck with your search.  :scope:

Delete my profile

terrible one

Yeah, I know that's best. However all that I have found around here (3) are complete rust buckets.  :icon_smile_sad:

terrible one

WOW GUYS!!!  :o

I think that me getting this car was meant to be. I just got an e-mail from the seller saying that the guy who bought the car didn't have the money, and if I still want it it's mine for $3,600.  :icon_smile_big:

moparguy01

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Shouldnt you be out looking for food?
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

PlumBad70

Thats awesome congrats on the buy!!! :drive: :drive:
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

terrible one

Quote from: Drache on January 29, 2006, 09:36:55 PM
Shouldnt you be out looking for food?

Didn't even have to drive anywhere! Mom made some chili!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BigBlackDodge

The Mopar Gods are smiling upon you. ;D

BBD