News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alternator angle isn't making me happy

Started by Grm2159, July 26, 2013, 09:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grm2159

69 charger 440 all new engine with all new brackets. The alternator seems to be on an angle so the belt isn't really straight with others. It seems like the upper hole in the large bracket should be a little higher. When the long bolt goes thru it puts the alternator on a slight angle. Any thoughts?

ws23rt

Your description is brief. A few pictures should be all that is needed to help.

A383Wing

fy469rtse

It probably isn't in line , needs packing out with washes, can't be on an angle , I think your talking about the belt appearing to be on a angle , you just have to pack out alternator with washes

Grm2159

I'll take a few pics today. It almost seems like the upper bolt goes into the head on a slight angle. This puts the alternator and thus the belt on a slight angle. I will post this afternoon. Thanks

jlatessa

Have the heads/block been cut?
That will change the geometry.

Joe

Grm2159

This engine came complete including brackets and alternator. Alternator bracket was turned around wrong way.  Turned it around and it's straight now.