News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dirty Mary Crazy Larry car posted on Facebook

Started by hatersaurusrex, April 13, 2012, 09:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

ok... i'm gonna be that guy... where is the proof? documentation? etc.... yes, the guy says he has it, lets see it, it's funny how people are already climbing on board that it's the real deal when there is nothing shown yet.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Would love to see the authenticating documentation.  I'd like to hope one of the cars made it but...

magnum

He says it has damage on roof were the helicopter smacked it and quarter were police car hit it (filled with bondo). Be cool if it were the real deal!
Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Khyron

my firend owns..... my friend said....

proof?

would it be cool if it was... yes! it would be great.... but until I see proof, i'll remain sceptical.

This is the same site that would slay a person that came on here and said they had a rare car, i'm wondering why everyone i sjumping on this one.... I hope it is real, I really do, but even Model Maker showed proof of his car, and from what we understand THAT was the last remaining car.

3 cars used in the movie, 68, 69 and 69 r/t ... 68 trashed... 69 hit by train, 69 owned by model maker.

so how is this 4th around?

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Ghoste on April 14, 2012, 08:11:58 AM
The one Bert had used correct 69 fenders for the front clip though did it not?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52052.0.html

I'd agree, but if this is the car that was smashed in the front in the movie, the fact that it has new sheet metal on the driver front and a replacment hood (which is what it looks like) would indicate someone did a sloppy early restore job.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

Well I mentioned it because as far as we know, Berts car was the only survivor.  As Kyhron points out we know of three and one was a 68 and the other 69 was destroyed.

Khyron

The director himself said only 3 where used.... so unless this is berts car, i'm holding up a BS flag

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

404NOTFOUND

I say it's an old clone. There is no proof at all it's original. We can't even verify the model year. 30 years ago, Chargers, slotted mags and cheap paint jobs were everywhere. It would only take one movie fan in this whole world to create a car like that. The fact that it looks ratty and is sinking into the ground makes it look authentic. No different than any other old Charger though. If it was real, someone would have grabbed it a long time ago. Still worth investigating regardless.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Ghoste

Just a thought and I defer to anyone who knows some things about aviation, the little I do know (had a private pilots license once) a helicopter is a fairly unstable contraption, if it hit that car hard enough to leave dents in the roof would it be able to fly? 

charger_fan_4ever

:popcrn:
"I seen the pink slip that listed "20th Century Fox Prductions Dirty Mary Crazy Larry" as the original owners. He got it from auction way back in 1977. There is nothing more I'd like than to someday see it restored. "

Khyron

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on April 15, 2012, 12:27:21 AM
:popcrn:
"I seen the pink slip that listed "20th Century Fox Prductions Dirty Mary Crazy Larry" as the original owners. He got it from auction way back in 1977. There is nothing more I'd like than to someday see it restored. "

"I seen a mod top super bird and there is nothing more I would like to see than to someday see it restored"

Doesn't make it true ;-)

Sorry, the stories we have all seen on here has made me a skeptic. Again, there where 3 Chargers used.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Would a production company actually title a vehicle like that with the name of the movie in the title?

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Ghoste on April 15, 2012, 07:18:04 AM
Would a production company actually title a vehicle like that with the name of the movie in the title?

That's what I thought was funny. Would there even be room on the title for all those words? It would be nice to see a pic of the back of the car. Does anyone know where the car is yet?
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

1BAD68

I doubt it would have the name of the movie it was in on the title but it would have "Twentieth Century Fox"
Where's Bert to clear this up?

Brock Lee

Maybe it is the 68? If he provided more pictures, it sure would help.

FWIW- I am open to any story where there is physical proof. If this car ends up being a 69 and actually from the production, a currently held idea has to die. No big deal if that is the case. You can't be stubborn and refuse to accept that currently held ideas likely have flaws.

65post

There is a known survivor from the movie? Any pics?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Ghoste

There was a survivor and it belonged to a member here.  His ex totalled the car and as far as he knows it was written off and junked.  Thats another story that is already well documented here and really is his to tell.  He will turn up here sooner or later and have more to offer.
As for stubbornly held current ideas, I am open to the possibility but I don't think there is anything unreasonable in needing proof.  Right now the only proof is a photo and a secondhand claim.  Without documentation this remains urban myth.

70charger_boy

hemi-hampton

Model Maker Bert was in here today but never commented on this post :scratchchin:  :shruggy: LEON.

hemi-hampton

Body damage appears to be in same spots. LEON.

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Indygenerallee

That's what I was comparing the other night, If it is a fake they did a good job of re-creating the damage!!  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Brock Lee

Quote from: Ghoste on April 15, 2012, 10:47:19 AM
Thats another story that is already well documented

Really? So far I see no more real "documentation" than the one of Facebook.

Ghoste

Documented as in related here on the site so it didn't bear retelling in this thread.