News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Worth getting a ch4b intake?

Started by Dino, April 14, 2012, 11:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

My 440 has a purple cam, headers and an Edelbrock performer intake.  Currently running a 1407 Eddy carb which will be replaced with a TQ.

The car is a cruiser, I do not race it ever.  I do like to 'take off' at a stop sign from time to time but that's about all the 'racing' I ever do.

Would it be worth it at all to buy a ch4b or is it just going to kill the added mpg the TQ will give me?  If it's worth getting the intake, what is a good price for a nice used ch4b?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Scaregrabber

I'm a big fan of the CH4B, but I don't think you would notice a lot of difference with your setup. If you had neither and the CH4B and the Performer were side by side I would buy the CH4B hands down however.

Sheldon

Chryco Psycho

the performer is a horrible intake , the stock iron intake is far better so yeah grab the CH4B , if it is perfect maybe as much as $200 try for 100 -150

BSB67

The CH4B will need an adaptor to accept the TQ.

Based on what you are wanting from the car, it sounds like a waste of time and money.

What purple cam?

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Dino

Cam specs re .474 / 280 and that's about all I know.

I do have the '71 only stock intake which is supposedly better than the performer as well but the performer will accept the TQ without an adapter.  I'll just leave it as is I suppose.

Thanks guys.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

I just did a swap from mildly worked iron heads & a Performer intake to a CH4B & RPM heads. Huge difference!  :yesnod:
I'm sure the heads have the most to do with it, but I think the intake also made a difference. I think it is a worthwhile swap.
Cam is the ol' MP 484/284.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce