News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Registry - new address

Started by FastbackJon, January 15, 2006, 06:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

Now the '66/'67 Charger Registry can be found at:

http://www.firstgenregistry.com

Along with the previous:

http://www.66-67charger.com/registry

Be sure to check out the map, listing pages (where you can sort all the Chargers in different ways), nascar pictures, individual car pages, etc. There are about 1,400 pictures of different fastback Chargers to be seen! Each registered car can have up to four pictures: one front, rear, engine, and interior.

I also have some hidden sections here:

http://www.firstgenregistry.com/calendar/1065.html
http://www.firstgenregistry.com/gallery?year=66
http://www.firstgenregistry.com/gallery?year=67
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

FastbackJon

So what about the other Charger Registrys that sprung up after the '66/'67 Registry.... are any of those collecting pictures or planning on displaying an online list like the '66/'67 Registry currently does?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Just 6T9 CHGR

Possibly, but dont have the time/nor skillz for that right now.  My website cheapie/free building program doesnt have the capabilities that yours has.  Its a nice idea though.

One question though.....the top menu section on your site always gets cut off by the main body and only a portion of the menu buttons are seen.  is this me or does it do that for you as well?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 04, 2006, 06:41:46 AM
One question though.....the top menu section on your site always gets cut off by the main body and only a portion of the menu buttons are seen. is this me or does it do that for you as well?
It's because someone is using frames on their site... :D

BTW Chris, what browser are you using any way? It seems that certain sites have weird positioning for you.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chris G.

Jon, your registry is looking great. I don't know if we will ever have a public list like your's. Our members have been more than happy at how we have our site setup. We do have a member picture gallery and a message board. If any registered member has a question about numbers, colors, stripes, whatever, we are always available to answer them.

Dodge Don

I too like the first gen site. Well done. I might be prejudice though because I like the first gen style alot.

On the listing though, not sure what value it serves. Although I think the ability to sort by heading is slick.

FastbackJon

Possibly, but dont have the time/nor skillz for that right now.  My website cheapie/free building program doesnt have the capabilities that yours has.  Its a nice idea though.

One question though.....the top menu section on your site always gets cut off by the main body and only a portion of the menu buttons are seen.  is this me or does it do that for you as well?

As for website capabilities, I started out with a list online just adding and updating each row by hand. That got to take up too much time so I built an application to run through the database and build an html file. Now I am set up with PHP, so I reduced my application down to spitting out a csv file with all of the latest information, and I just upload that to the web. The php files read through the SQL database and automatically generate all of the web pages.

I would like to get rid of the top frame. Just need to sit down and figure out a better way. The only thing I like about the frame is that if I want to change something, like one of the links, I only have to change it in one place, instead of changing every single page that uses the code (if I didn't have a frame). I might be able to write something in php that opens up a single file and reads the navigation stuff from it, and puts it at the top of each page. That way I would only have to update the file that contains the navigation stuff any time I wanted to modify it.

FastbackJon

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 04, 2006, 02:54:13 PM
On the listing though, not sure what value it serves.

That was one of my beefs with Wayne's site. He wouldn't get back to me on questions I had about what he had registered. I didn't even know how many cars he had registered or where mine fit in line with all the others. An online listing page solves all of that.

After you register your car, you know for sure that it got into the database. You can also look to see if a car you are buying is already registered. Or if you find a build sheet in your car that is not from your car, you can look real quick to see if the car is registered. And it gives you a way to verify that the information contained on your registered car is accurate because you can instantly see what is in the database.

There is the in depth look at each car too after you click on the car's picture. It gives you a neat breakdown on where your car fits in in the registry and how rare it is. For example...

http://66-67charger.com/registry/list/indv.php?year=66&pic=8f1hs7494mp118

I'd love to be able to browse through the '69 and '70 Charger registrys (is it registries?) the same way to see pictures and what is all contained in them.

Troy

Quote from: FastbackJon on February 04, 2006, 07:56:59 PM
I would like to get rid of the top frame. Just need to sit down and figure out a better way. The only thing I like about the frame is that if I want to change something, like one of the links, I only have to change it in one place, instead of changing every single page that uses the code (if I didn't have a frame). I might be able to write something in php that opens up a single file and reads the navigation stuff from it, and puts it at the top of each page. That way I would only have to update the file that contains the navigation stuff any time I wanted to modify it.
Look up how to use an include on each page (NOT "server side includes" or SSI - use the PHP one). That will do exactly what you want.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Dodge Don

Sorry Jon, it may be neat but I still don't see the point. Alot of approximate this n' that.

I prefer our approach. Just my opinion, don't lose any sleep over it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on February 04, 2006, 10:31:24 AM
One question though.....the top menu section on your site always gets cut off by the main body and only a portion of the menu buttons are seen. is this me or does it do that for you as well?
It's because someone is using frames on their site... :D

BTW Chris, what browser are you using any way? It seems that certain sites have weird positioning for you.

Troy

Troy, Im using IE....sorry :(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

I do like how you have that set up, but I think that some people wouldn't want their information out there on the net like that. I realize you didn't post a name or anything, but did list a VIN and the city and state it was in. I don't care if someone knows where my car is personally but I do know some people do.

I like how the other registries will break it down by color and such, haven't asked Chris to break anything down on the 69 site, but I figure he would fo someone.

Blue Pentastar

The site looks great I was never on the site before. I am a second gen owner so I just never had a reason to look. Real nice job.
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

FastbackJon

Quote from: 69_500 on February 06, 2006, 03:38:25 PM
I do like how you have that set up, but I think that some people wouldn't want their information out there on the net like that. I realize you didn't post a name or anything, but did list a VIN and the city and state it was in. I don't care if someone knows where my car is personally but I do know some people do.

I like how the other registries will break it down by color and such, haven't asked Chris to break anything down on the 69 site, but I figure he would fo someone.

The fastback registry shows a VIN, but not a full one. And if you scroll to the bottom of the listing pages, it gives a breakdown of color combinations, vehicle locations, what day the car was built on, interior colors, and exterior colors, all with percentages and automatically generated by the php/sql.

Thanks Troy and others for the nice comments, I'll look up the php "include" too.

FastbackJon

Oh yeah, the AAR 'Cuda registry is what first made me want to have an online listing for fastback Chargers...

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/aarcuda/registry.html

FastbackJon

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 04, 2006, 09:18:36 PM
Sorry Jon, it may be neat but I still don't see the point. Alot of approximate this n' that.

I prefer our approach. Just my opinion, don't lose any sleep over it.

That's fine Don, not everyone has to like everything.

About the approximations, the only thing I approximate on the whole site is how far along the car was built out of all Charger production for that year. There's no way I'll ever be able to know the real number unless I have all 37,344 Chargers in the database. For example...

http://66-67charger.com/registry/list/indv.php?year=66&pic=q51hs794q5em4103

#584 of 726 Registered '66 Chargers     

VIN: XP29E61273...
          X (Charger)
          P (Premium Price Class)
          29 (Two door sports roof)
          E (318 2bbl 230hp)
          6 (1966)
          1 (Lynch Road Assembly Plant)
          273... (serial # starting 100001)

Built around 80.4% of the way through the Charger production.
  Approximately Charger # 30,039 of 37,344 1966 Chargers built.

SONUMBER: 51209097
          Scheduled build date: Thursday May 12th, 1966
          Production Order Number: 09097

In Marinette, WI.
          1 of 1 registered in Marinette, WI. ('66's 2001 to present)
          1 of 12 registered in WI. ('66's 2001 to present)

PAI: DD1 - Medium blue metallic exterior   (# 24 of 27 regd.)
          (492 total paint codes)
  NT: BE - Black roof stripes, Blue inner door paint   (# 7 of 11 regd.)
          (434 total inner door/stripe codes)
  TRM: P4D - Blue Interior   (# 32 of 45 regd.)
          (498 total interior codes)

383 auto
  KNOWN OPTIONS: AM

;D