News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Dodge Charger 500 on Ebay

Started by 62BT409, April 24, 2012, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

No that's all I have. I should have bolted on the front valance before taking that pic.  I sold it 2 years ago.  It was a great idea imo.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Aero426 on May 31, 2012, 12:07:45 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 31, 2012, 11:52:25 AM
Quote from: 1966hemi on April 26, 2012, 08:32:33 PM
Ended because it sold for $98,000.00!!

Same car now forsale by a dealer plus 40%

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Frame-Up-Restored-Charger-500-426-HEMI-Dual-Quad-Dana-/280891592902?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item41667190c6

That would be the RK Motors convenience fee.   :smilielol:

No kidding! Well, at least it gives you an indication that RK has a generous "negotiation factor" built into each and every car they have for sale.  ::)

XS29LA47V21

So...... did a member here buy that shinny pretty thing?

Curious to others perspectives, so what are the thoughts with a market comparison from a nice colored hemi 500 to 440 Daytonas or to the hemi Daytonas whichever you like to compare?  If this blue car did sell at that price, that is 33% below the not selling two white hemi 500s  :drool5:

Or if you rather, if few are selling, how many in a given year would it take selling cheap to pull the perceived market down another 25%?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on June 01, 2012, 07:57:54 AM
So...... did a member here buy that shinny pretty thing?

Curious to others perspectives, so what are the thoughts with a market comparison from a nice colored hemi 500 to 440 Daytonas or to the hemi Daytonas whichever you like to compare?  If this blue car did sell at that price, that is 33% below the not selling two white hemi 500s  :drool5:

Or if you rather, if few are selling, how many in a given year would it take selling cheap to pull the perceived market down another 25%?

From the looks of it the 1st time it was on e bag the private seller sold it for $98k to the dealer. The dealer now lists it for 139k.

Robert96

That's my old buddy from Cleveland isn't it. Wonder what the story on the Charger is? Does it involve the broad that was the hood of the car? Maybe Jimmy Hoffa!

62BT409

I must have fallen a sleep at the wheel on this one. But when searching a an E-body I did come across the RK place and the listing looked familiar to the old car sales place in Mentor, Ohio. Now it's all fallen into place. NOW this is just a shot in the dark but wondering if they had anything to do with National Marine. Because a few business's all of sudden moved out of the Cleveland/Warren - OH area or went totally out of business.
Is the seller of the 500 (the first time) a member of this board?

XS29LA47V21

From the looks of it the 1st time it was on e bag the private seller sold it for $98k to the dealer. The dealer now lists it for 139k.
[/quote]

:scratchchin: :lol: :lol: :lol: :Twocents:

Mytur Binsdirti

Could this be the same car that went through the Mecum auction last year just freshened up?

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=FL0111-102082

472 R/T SE

From the Mecum link:

"- Engine is not original block, however a correct block was located and installed. Block production date of September 30, 1968 is correct for the November production of this car."

The RK 500's fender tag shows 907 (Sept. 7).  RK mentions they sold a sister to this car last summer for $259k, maybe the sister car was the Mecum car?   :shruggy:

XS29LA47V21

So, it appeared to end not mtg reserve and lower this time then the last appearant sale this time at a grand total of  $80,100.69.  I still like the car, looks nice but seems to show the market (range) price there to me.  Seems a lot of people remain in the clouds with value & maybe me too in some ways. :Twocents:

So what do you think it is really worth if not in that range?

Ghoste

I think there are also a lot of people who bought just before the bubble popped and are still hoping to recoup some of that loss.

charger_fan_4ever

I thought the original 98k price for a Hemi C500 that looks immaculate was a good price. There was the other 70 hemi that was a no sale at 70k recently.

Like you said seems all fuzzy.

XS29LA47V21

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 07:59:11 AM
I think there are also a lot of people who bought just before the bubble popped and are still hoping to recoup some of that loss.

yeah-up.  Investments maybe not  :rotz:  I have tried that angle with the wife over the yrs and she has never bought that idea saying .... "it is not an investment if you never sell...." :smilielol: :smilielol:
can blame a boy for trying.  No worries here.  Besides, I seem to remember having more money in almost every old car most of my life than it is worth/brings when I sell it, hobby loss rule....to the tax man as I recall.

I have a theory that the cost of restorations will overtop the "values" (again I think & I will restrain saying a %) and the people restoring them are doing the hobby because they want to, which will overall be good......I mean anyway while that generation that loves the old cars are alive. :'(

I still like the shinny blue thing.

62BT409

yeah-up.  Investments maybe not  :rotz:  I have tried that angle with the wife over the yrs and she has never bought that idea saying .... "it is not an investment if you never sell...." :smilielol: :smilielol:
can blame a boy for trying.  No worries here.  Besides, I seem to remember having more money in almost every old car most of my life than it is worth/brings when I sell it, hobby loss rule....to the tax man as I recall.
I have a theory that the cost of restorations will overtop the "values" (again I think & I will restrain saying a %) and the people restoring them are doing the hobby because they want to, which will overall be good......I mean anyway while that generation that loves the old cars are alive. :'(
I still like the shinny blue thing.

I have to say this...........my wife now says let's buy so when the market does go back up, then we can sell. AND I AM the one saying no. The ....while I am standing there, she says to our friend that we do have another garage open (which we don't)...she will park her car out side. My friend's mouth dropped ... :hah:
All I want to do is sell the Savoy to make room for the E-body convertible I want to move in it's place!
But stil have an eye opne for a 500, column auto with bench.........no not theone in Ohio...............thoses guys are really different and I don't know what they smoke!

[/quote]