News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No luck finding 14 inch load rated tires

Started by stripedelete, January 28, 2010, 09:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

What do you need 14 inch load rated tires for?

todd

stripedelete

'87 Toyota 1-ton pickup.  We can't fit a whole ton on it - but we load it down pretty good and use it for deliveries in tight spots - sometimes off-road.   

Todd Wilson

Boy I dont knwo where you would go to get anything like that. I havent seen a lot of heavy duty 15inchgs much either anymore. I imagine 16's will be hard to get in a few years with the new stuff using bigger tires.

I'll ask around town here tomorrow.

Todd

elacruze

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-NEW-TIRES-NANKANG-185R14-14-185R-Radial-Light-Truck_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b8d82ddbQQitemZ110475357659QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_3730wt_973

These tires are very common here in Afghanistan, are tough as hell and carry 3-4 times more than their load rating..."Load Limit" over here is never reached until you can't stack any more on top...I've seen them go by smashed half flat and missing half their tread from the rocks.
1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

stripedelete

Thanks for the replies.  I think I will give the Nankang's a roll.

rt green

we work on postal trucks. they show up with new 14 inch wrangler at tires. the part number for goodyear is 740-036-515. hope this helps oh, they are load range c
third string oil changer

stripedelete

Quote from: rt green on April 27, 2012, 01:58:44 PM
we work on postal trucks. they show up with new 14 inch wrangler at tires. the part number for goodyear is 740-036-515. hope this helps oh, they are load range c

Thanks.  I will check them out.  I got another buggy ready for a set.

b5blue

Check trailer supply store's also. They have some really high rated tires, my buddy got some local that way.