News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are Rocker moldings specific to 68-70 Chargers or same as all B-Body?

Started by AKcharger, February 19, 2013, 11:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I seem to see some marketed specifically to Chargers and others to Coronet/Satellite/RR. I'd think they're all the same but then the clip kits are diffrent too?

:popcrn:

69 OUR/TEA

My 68 coronet was a factory rocker molding car,they are def dif than the 69 charger moldings.The coronet has ribs on it,where the charger is smooth.I don't know how the 69,70 coronet moldings are,but I can tell you the orig charger ones have one screw hole in the rear of them just in front of the tire,and the repos they say are for chargers are identical but do not have any holes in them.To be correct,you have to drill the hole and counter sink it so the Philips screw sits into it.I made a die out of a block of wood,drilled a bigger hole in the wood,correct diameter hole on the molding,then used a punch with a taper to be the other side of the die and tapped it until the screw sat almost flush in the molding like an original.Most people just put the new moldings on and don't bother doing this,but I wanted it to appear like it was an orig molding. :Twocents:

mikeydf14

mikeydf14

bill440rt

IIRC Dodge rocker moldings are different than Plymouth rocker moldings.
And, '69 Charger 500 rocker moldings are also completely different. They are the ribbed design that Paul (69 Our/Tea) referenced above.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce