News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

4 Missing Ducks

Started by MoparManJim, May 10, 2012, 09:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Fred

:smilielol: At least we know their names now.
They may have flown the coup but they haven't flown down under. I've left word they're to get in touch with immigration the minute they do.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

skip68

You just got back on my buddy list.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

Well at least one thing, jaack got at least one name right.... Donald..  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: 

You know what you all, keep all the smart alic comments coming... it's helping the thread out.  :smilielol:

Fred

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 12, 2012, 11:47:01 PM
Well at least one thing, jaack got at least one name right.... Donald..  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :smilielol: 

You know what you all, keep all the smart alic comments coming... it's helping the thread out.  :smilielol:

Thanks Jim, you're a good sport. 
It's good therapy you see. They say laughing is good for you. If you laugh a lot you live longer.
I've been trying to resist temptation but my doctor says.............the best cure for temptation is to give into it.

mrsskip68

I feel so bad for those kids, Jim. But remember, if you had to replace those ducks, they will learn to do the same thing the previous ducks did. Just takes time and patience, as with any young creature/pet! I do hope you find them!   :yesnod:

On another note: calling skip68 out on his board, ...............................................frickin funny!!!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Fred

Quote from: skip68 on May 12, 2012, 11:43:28 PM
You just got back on my buddy list.  

I thought I got back on it the night before......................after all, I bent over backwards for you.  :moon: And I found out where Jim was. (reply#43)

BananaDan

In all seriousness Jim, I have to be honest, I thought this was a joke thread.  I didn't think you were seriously thinking a thread on this site would help you find alleged stolen ducks.  You would probably have more success putting posters up around your town.  Either way, lighten up a bit, we're just having some fun.  Obviously we're not monsters and if we had an ounce of power to return stolen ducks to handicapped children, we would help in a second.  You have to admit the largely ridiculous expectations you had by posting this thread.  As others have said, unless we're local to you (which 99% of us aren't) we won't be able to help.  Due to that fact, why not have a little fun?

I will promise you one thing.  If for some reason your ducks ran away and end up in Jersey, you will be the first to know...  but I wouldn't hold my breath.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

AKcharger

Quote from: BananaDan on May 13, 2012, 10:48:21 AM
...If for some reason your ducks ran away and end up in Jersey, you will be the first to know...  but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've been on the lookout up here in Anchorage too...nothing yet. The good news is ducks migrate up here for the summer so they just may come this way. The bad news is there's tens of millions of them spread out all over the state's 586,412 square miles (or about 365,000,000 acres.) So tracking just four of them will be challenging. Do they have a radio collar? are they trained to respond in some way? Are they expected to stay in the wild of are they more attracted to people and homes? Do you have anything to go on beside just names...retina scans, DNA or foot prints...anything like that?

MoparManJim

In all seriousness Jim, I have to be honest, I thought this was a joke thread.  I didn't think you were seriously thinking a thread on this site would help you find alleged stolen ducks.  You would probably have more success putting posters up around your town.  Either way, lighten up a bit, we're just having some fun.  Obviously we're not monsters and if we had an ounce of power to return stolen ducks to handicapped children, we would help in a second.  You have to admit the largely ridiculous expectations you had by posting this thread.  As others have said, unless we're local to you (which 99% of us aren't) we won't be able to help.  Due to that fact, why not have a little fun?

I will promise you one thing.  If for some reason your ducks ran away and end up in Jersey, you will be the first to know...  but I wouldn't hold my breath.

How in heck can you not think I was being serious when I posted this? I don't come here to post joke threads dude.  Now why in heck would I make up a joke thread base on disabled people? I wouldn't..  I have lighten up long time ago. Maybe next time you all post a stolen car thread maybe I should make a joke about how the car might have taken off or something. Plus how in heck do know who is local to me on here and who isn't? you don't.

MoparManJim

Quote from: AKcharger on May 13, 2012, 11:45:09 AM
...If for some reason your ducks ran away and end up in Jersey, you will be the first to know...  but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I've been on the lookout up here in Anchorage too...nothing yet. The good news is ducks migrate up here for the summer so they just may come this way. The bad news is there's tens of millions of them spread out all over the state's 586,412 square miles (or about 365,000,000 acres.) So tracking just four of them will be challenging. Do they have a radio collar? are they trained to respond in some way? Are they expected to stay in the wild of are they more attracted to people and homes? Do you have anything to go on beside just names...retina scans, DNA or foot prints...anything like that?

Hey Mr. I posted in the link the photo of the ducks.. and what they look like as well. Maybe it's time I kick into being a smart alic as well..  :D

AKcharger

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 13, 2012, 03:35:24 PM
Hey Mr. I posted in the link the photo of the ducks.. and what they look like as well. Maybe it's time I kick into being a smart alic as well..  :D

yes Sir...but I'm suspecting they've aged a bit since their abduction

Patronus

Were there any identifying marks on the ducks? Tattoos? Club feet? Gold teeth? Ducks can appear very similar to the
untrained eye.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

mrsskip68

guys, grow up! Jim asked for help. Even if its too far fetched that a member can assist him, he at least has the right to post about his dilemma and not take crap for it!  :Twocents:

MoparManJim

Quote from: AKcharger on May 13, 2012, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on May 13, 2012, 03:35:24 PM

yes Sir...but I'm suspecting they've aged a bit since their abduction

They wouldn't age that fast.. I had them for a month almost and they looked the same but only just got bigger was all. 

MoparManJim

Quote from: mrsskip68 on May 13, 2012, 05:58:24 PM
guys, grow up! Jim asked for help. Even if its too far fetched that a member can assist him, he at least has the right to post about his dilemma and not take crap for it!  :Twocents:

Thanks!!!  :cheers:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Patronus on May 13, 2012, 05:09:00 PM
Were there any identifying marks on the ducks? Tattoos? Club feet? Gold teeth? Ducks can appear very similar to the
untrained eye.

Look at the photos, that's why they was taken for... the photos I mean.. not the ducks!  :lol: 

Chris G.

Not only have you challenged the infamous Joey Gowdy, but you have destroyed him and taken sole possession of 1st place. I doubt anyone will even come close to your throne, but never say never. Congrats Jimmy

MoparManJim

Quote from: Chris G. on May 13, 2012, 06:37:13 PM
Not only have you challenged the infamous Joey Gowdy, but you have destroyed him and taken sole possession of 1st place. I doubt anyone will even come close to your throne, but never say never. Congrats Jimmy

Ah shauks... now don't I feel special.. not  :lol:

First off, please don't compare him to me.
2nd off I'm not here to take possession of any place.
3rd off I'm also not here to have a throne.
4th I came to post a help thread, not to be laugh at or anything
5th off I hate that name "Jimmy"! so please "Please" don't call me that. 
6th it seems you all always fav certain people on here and those people can post anything and yet you all don't say anything about it or laugh at them. 

Fred

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 13, 2012, 06:01:16 PM
Quote from: Patronus on May 13, 2012, 05:09:00 PM
untrained eye.

Look at the photos, that's why they was taken for... the photos I mean.. not the ducks!  :lol: 

:smilielol: :smilielol: Good one Jim.
Mind you don't confuse people when you say ... "not the ducks".     The ducks were taken too.  :lol:

Fred

Quote from: MoparManJim on May 13, 2012, 06:54:16 PM

6th it seems you all always fav certain people on here and those people can post anything and yet you all don't say anything about it or laugh at them. 

Hey Jim, don't take it so personal.(is that right Red? I've lost my track of thought..........should it be personally?) We really aren't laughing at you just laughing with you.
Geez, I get called all sorts of names (and I get a good laugh over most) and a lot of my posts or replies go unanswered. Some questions are ignored completely. Some answers are sarcastic.
What the heck! Who gives a crap, I don't. You win some, you lose some..........in the end it all evens out. Go with the good and ignore the rest but don't think you're not liked or being made fun of.
Now, go and have a drink on me.  :cheers:

MoparManJim

Quote from: Fred on May 13, 2012, 09:52:19 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on May 13, 2012, 06:54:16 PM

Hey Jim, don't take it so personal.(is that right Red? I've lost my track of thought..........should it be personally?) We really aren't laughing at you just laughing with you.
Geez, I get called all sorts of names (and I get a good laugh over most) and a lot of my posts or replies go unanswered. Some questions are ignored completely. Some answers are sarcastic.
What the heck! Who gives a crap, I don't. You win some, you lose some..........in the end it all evens out. Go with the good and ignore the rest but don't think you're not liked or being made fun of.
Now, go and have a drink on me.  :cheers:

When it comes down to kids and disabled kids I do take it personal thank you very much. If you have a question that goes unasnwered on this forum just keep asking it until someone answers it. Don't let the members walk all over my friend. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nothing more to see here....move on   :slap:

PS Jim DO NOT PM me asking why I locked this thread
Chris' '69 Charger R/T