News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona/Superbird Rear Wing for 71-74 charger

Started by Bob, July 29, 2012, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

What is the best site for a wing that will fit a 3rd gen charger?

Thanks

Bob

41husk

Are you looking for a Go wing or a Daytona type wing?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Bob

Highbanked Hauler

I think  the body is different enough that a Daytona wing wouldn't fit a 3rd generation.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

TruckDriver

Ask member Dayclona. He would know if he still comes here. He built that '71 Daytona
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bob

Dayclona has not been on since January 2007. I thought I had run across a site that had them for 3rd gens. Recon I was wrong.

Alaskan_TA

pettybird

Quote from: Bob on July 29, 2012, 06:20:57 PM
Dayclona has not been on since January 2007. I thought I had run across a site that had them for 3rd gens. Recon I was wrong.

you're looking for user "DAY CLONA" with the space...

hotrod98

Mike Goyette of Dayclona built the wings for the first third gen recreations so he's the man. All of his stuff is top notch.
If he is too busy, you might contact Don Currie about building you a wing. He can build a sheet metal over tubular frame wing. He built a Superbird wing for me that was very nice.
A third gen wing will be a custom piece so get ready to fork over some cash. I think they run around three grand. That's compared to a Daytona wing or a Superbird wing that typically run two grand. The third gen wing has to be built to sit on that narrow quarter panel and is harder to build.
Don will need a car to use to mock the wing up on. Not sure if he has one available or not. Good luck.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Bob

Alas, my wing will be eye candy on someone else's car. I knew it would be expensive but 3-4k is way above my budget.

Thanks for the responses.

Bob

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bob

Quote from: TruckDriver on July 30, 2012, 09:11:28 PM
Your car looks great the way it is Bob.  :Twocents:

Thanks for the kind words Pete.
Have a great trucking day.

Bob

Indygenerallee

That's the Stinger kit, the companies merged, I have that same wing if you want to buy it $700.00 bough a wing from Dane.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hotrod98

That would be a good wing to cut and alter for a third gen. The horizontal blade will have to be lengthened. You can cut the base completely off and build up a fiberglass base using your quarters as a template. I suggest molding in a reinforcement in the horizontal blade when you lengthen it.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams