News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Willie died today

Started by BigBlockSam, May 19, 2012, 03:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemigeno

Quote from: dudedart on June 24, 2012, 11:57:43 PM
car butcher, plain and simple.

Minority/dissenting opinion noted.

Let's not feed the troll here, fellas - I am pretty sure that's what he wants.

:Twocents:

BigBlockSam

to his face, everybody's a big man on line
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

Back in the day everyone personalized modified butcherd etc there cars.
http://www.superbirdclub.com/customaero.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

surmanajaja

just remove the stupid comments and ban the troll. doesnt matter what Big Willie did to some car long time ago, he was a decent man who did everything to help other ppl and his country and stupid comments after his death just tell what the person making them is like. :shruggy:

DonC1

Rest in Peace Big Willie.
I used to see him while attending many a street race in So Cal early 80's from San Fernando blvd to Dodger stadium, Long Beach etc etc...one time he set up a race between a buddies very quick RR and a brothers caddy. The caddy smoked the RR.

dudedart

oh yes he did some good things, i suppose. never met him , so i couldnt as well as many others here say for certain what type of attitude he had, if that make you a decent person. however the fact remain he is, was and always will be a car butcher.

dudedart

Quote from: surmanajaja on June 25, 2012, 02:50:01 PM
just remove the stupid comments and ban the troll. doesnt matter what Big Willie did to some car long time ago, he was a decent man who did everything to help other ppl and his country and stupid comments after his death just tell what the person making them is like. :shruggy:
stupid comments ? i never said a single word about willie that wasnt 100% true. he is a car butcher, anyone who destroys 2 daytonas is a butcher. if he didnt know that those cars were special, then not only is a butcher, hes stupid also.  i would and most of these people on here have enough common  sence, not to destroy a car such as a hemi daytona.

BigBlockSam

Quotestupid comments ? i never said a single word about willie that wasnt 100% true. he is a car butcher, anyone who destroys 2 daytonas is a butcher. if he didnt know that those cars were special, then not only is a butcher, hes stupid also.  i would and most of these people on here have enough common  sence, not to destroy a car such as a hemi daytona.

:slap: WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO STIR SHIT UP. YOU KNOW SAYING SHIT LIKE THAT IS ONLY GONNA PISS PEOPLE OFF. FOR NO REASON .A GREAT GUY HAS DIED .  YOUR NOT ADDING ANYTHING TO THIS DISCUSSION . SO GO PLAY IN YOUR SAND BOX . WITH YOUR WANNA OWN TWO CARS . :slap:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

dudedart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 28, 2012, 11:12:12 PM

:slap: WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO STIR SHIT UP. YOU KNOW SAYING SHIT LIKE THAT IS ONLY GONNA PISS PEOPLE OFF. FOR NO REASON .A GREAT GUY HAS DIED .  YOUR NOT ADDING ANYTHING TO THIS DISCUSSION . SO GO PLAY IN YOUR SAND BOX . WITH YOUR WANNA OWN TWO CARS . :slap:

great guy ? as i said before and i will again, i never met him so i cant speak for the person himself, as most of these people as well, i'd suspect. im adding what i wish, this is a charger website, so why is it not a shame for 2 extremely rare cars to be destroyed so careless. again he is a car butcher, investigate him and you will plainly see. cause he's dead and owned a race track and was tall, ect ect ect, dosent change the fact he is a car butcher.

DC_1

Quote from: dudedart on June 28, 2012, 10:25:42 PM
stupid comments ? i never said a single word about willie that wasnt 100% true. he is a car butcher, anyone who destroys 2 daytonas is a butcher. if he didnt know that those cars were special, then not only is a butcher, hes stupid also.  i would and most of these people on here have enough common  sence, not to destroy a car such as a hemi daytona.

And what have you done in your life - good or bad - to contribute to the hobby in a big way? And I'm not talking squirreling away some NOS window cranks for a 77 Dodge Magnum cause you knew one day they would be a rare and desired collector car.....oh wait there not! Fact is no one knew back in the 70s that these cars would be as desired as they are. Like Miked DC  already said, you could look at it that these cars were already "butchered" by Chrysler only to satisfy their need to qualify the design for NASCAR. Why are you not equally outraged that Chrysler took 503 Charger R/Ts and modified them in a way that ruined the cars original design and for no other purpose but to increase their racing competitiveness.

I never knew Big Willie but from what I've read and seen of him it is pretty clear that he was activily in the business of promoting the hobby of drag racing - not the hobby of car collecting. Don't slam the guy cause he had a different passion than you....

Cooter

Gotta give up that "Green evny" hateraid bro. Hatin's bad. Long Live Big Willy and what he stood for.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Ghoste

How do you hate someone you never met or condemn an act which occurred in an era and circumstance you never experienced?  I don't think it's hate, I think it's just ordinary pot stirring.

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 08:04:54 AM
I don't think it's hate, I think it's just ordinary pot stirring.

:iagree:

As I said earlier guys, this is nothing more than trolling for the kind of responses that he's getting all-too-easily...

DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!!!

Indygenerallee

Just a saying, usually jealous people of what they did not have and or loathed.

wingcar

Big Willie was his own man...he tried to make a difference in the lives of young people by bringing them together under a shared interest...street racing.  Only God knows how many young lives he may have saved by getting them off the streets and on to the strip where drag racing belongs.    Did he "destroy" a couple of what are today highly collectable Daytona's...sure, did he enjoy these Daytona's ...you bet he did, as he used them as they were intended.   Back in the day wingcars were nothing more than funny looking cars, some would have even said stupid looking.   Most all of us that owned these cars back in the day never imagined that they would someday become so valuable...if we had...we would have kept them!   I remember when I sold my Superbird I had in the back of my head that I would just buy another later on...unfortunately for me the later-on became "much" later and as a result I was priced out of the market.  But, at least I had the opportunity to have fun with the one I did own.   Anyone who puts Willie down because he enjoyed his cars just plain doesn't get it...and never will.   It's easy to judge history through present day eyes.....hind sight is always 20/20.   Let's forget about one person's short sighted hate towards someone he never met or really knew and get back to honoring the memory of an icon in the history of wingcars.........
Rest in Peace Big Willie...you deserve it 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

62 Max

Quote from: hemigeno on June 29, 2012, 08:16:01 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 29, 2012, 08:04:54 AM
I don't think it's hate, I think it's just ordinary pot stirring.

:iagree:

As I said earlier guys, this is nothing more than trolling for the kind of responses that he's getting all-too-easily...

DON'T TAKE THE BAIT!!!!

Gene,isn't it about  :smash: time yet ?

dudedart

tom hoover stated when developing the hemi, they knew it was special and be revered. willie knew those cars was special, thats why he bought them to draw attention to his cause. you people on here act as if he was your wife or husband that died, many have never even met him, including myself. many of you never even mentioned his name a single time ever until he died, then its all what a shame, hes great, ect ect ect. he might have been i wont state what i cant confirm. i can confirm he was a car butcher, and destroyed almost ever single car he ever owned. his attempts to do whatever he was doing is a diff issue alltogether. 100% of you people who defend his car destroying days would fail a lie detector test on this subject of defence.

BigBlockSam

Quotetom hoover stated when developing the hemi, they knew it was special and be revered. willie knew those cars was special, thats why he bought them to draw attention to his cause. you people on here act as if he was your wife or husband that died, many have never even met him, including myself. many of you never even mentioned his name a single time ever until he died, then its all what a shame, hes great, ect ect ect. he might have been i wont state what i cant confirm. i can confirm he was a car butcher, and destroyed almost ever single car he ever owned. his attempts to do whatever he was doing is a diff issue alltogether. 100% of you people who defend his car destroying days would fail a lie detector test on this subject of defence.

what have you done for the hobby? i belong to the United Street Raceers. our club has been together since the 70's and we were inspired by Big Willie back then . i have built many race cars . i never thought that i butchered them . they were just cars . the Hemi is not my holy grail as it is yours . i like a 440 six pack car much more . of which i own several . which i've restored .

again, i ask you ,what have you done for the hobby?

200MPH

Charger

69CoronetRT

Quote from: wingcar on June 29, 2012, 11:12:00 AM
Most all of us that owned these cars back in the day never imagined that they would someday become so valuable...if we had...we would have kept them!   .... But, at least I had the opportunity to have fun with the one I did own.   Anyone who puts Willie down because he enjoyed his cars just plain doesn't get it...and never will.

Spoken like a guy 'that was there'. To the posters that weren't there, the 60/70s cars weren't to be kept nice so you could enjoy them today. There was no 'future'. They were daily transportation for 16 YO kids with little money. You drove them in ice, snow, rain, mud, heat, and cold...just like you do your car today. You didn't care about what they were or what they would become. When you got a little money, you yanked off original parts like manifolds, rims, hoods, and shifters and threw them away. You cut up cars for fender well headers. You cut up the dash for an 8-track or cassette. You cut original door panels for speakers. You spilled beer on the carpet. You burned holes in the seats from legal and illegal substances. You beat the hell out of them every Friday and Saturday night and sometimes on Sunday afternoons. Then you drove them to work on Monday.

You blew up engines, trannys and rear ends all in the name of having a good time. You laid on the hoods and scratched them at the drive in. And if you found a willing young lass, you appreciated the size of the rear seat or the versatility of a first gen Charger or fold down seat Duster. They were a car driven by kids. Nothing more and nothing less.

If Willie was a 'butcher'. I was a butcher and every other guy I knew was a butcher. And you know what? I'd go back and do it all over again and never care if any Daytona, Superbird, Hemi, AAR, 6bbl or 340 ever made it past 1980 so you could have one. IT WAS FRICKIN' FUN!

Butchers rule.

RIP Willie. I still have my Hot Rods from that era and went back and looked at the ads with you and the Dayona. Thanks man.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Indygenerallee

DC_1

General_01

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on June 29, 2012, 09:07:28 PM
Quote from: wingcar on June 29, 2012, 11:12:00 AM
Most all of us that owned these cars back in the day never imagined that they would someday become so valuable...if we had...we would have kept them!   .... But, at least I had the opportunity to have fun with the one I did own.   Anyone who puts Willie down because he enjoyed his cars just plain doesn't get it...and never will.

Spoken like a guy 'that was there'. To the posters that weren't there, the 60/70s cars weren't to be kept nice so you could enjoy them today. There was no 'future'. They were daily transportation for 16 YO kids with little money. You drove them in ice, snow, rain, mud, heat, and cold...just like you do your car today. You didn't care about what they were or what they would become. When you got a little money, you yanked off original parts like manifolds, rims, hoods, and shifters and threw them away. You cut up cars for fender well headers. You cut up the dash for an 8-track or cassette. You cut original door panels for speakers. You spilled beer on the carpet. You burned holes in the seats from legal and illegal substances. You beat the hell out of them every Friday and Saturday night and sometimes on Sunday afternoons. Then you drove them to work on Monday.

You blew up engines, trannys and rear ends all in the name of having a good time. You laid on the hoods and scratched them at the drive in. And if you found a willing young lass, you appreciated the size of the rear seat or the versatility of a first gen Charger or fold down seat Duster. They were a car driven by kids. Nothing more and nothing less.

If Willie was a 'butcher'. I was a butcher and every other guy I knew was a butcher. And you know what? I'd go back and do it all over again and never care if any Daytona, Superbird, Hemi, AAR, 6bbl or 340 ever made it past 1980 so you could have one. IT WAS FRICKIN' FUN!

Butchers rule.

RIP Willie. I still have my Hot Rods from that era and went back and looked at the ads with you and the Dayona. Thanks man.

Yep! I sure remember buying that KRACO stereo package from Champion Auto to put in my '74. Well said guys!

P.S.- Don't feed the troll. It just emboldens them to say more stupid sh&t! F'n idiot! :nana:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Ghoste

So does this mean those of us who did actually meet him in person are entitled to point out that your texting style of trolling is just stupid?  It's okay though, if your opinion of Willie is actually what you write, then it's stupid too.