News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question on who to use for Chrome and Alluminum?????

Started by 68 Bullitt Charger, June 19, 2012, 03:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68 Bullitt Charger

Hi Folks,
Maybe some of you Guys have used "Librandi's(chrome) and "IMP- Industrial Metal Plating"(Alluminum), both is PA which is on the way to Carlilse for me. I am looking to drop off basically the entire car in parts to have the plating's refinished however I need to know the quality of their work from anyone who has used them before.

Any help is appreciated.   :cheers:

Joe C NY
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

71ChallengeHer

Librandi's is the best around. I heard they have a long turn over. They are a little high on prices but excellent chrome and a great warranty. They did my bumperettes on my Challenger.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on June 19, 2012, 10:42:39 PM
Librandi's is the best around. I heard they have a long turn over. They are a little high on prices but excellent chrome and a great warranty. They did my bumperettes on my Challenger.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

If you don't mind me asking, what's a ballpark figure to have those redone?  I'm way out of touch when it comes to chrome.  My bumpers are fine but the bumperettes are scuffed and scratched.  I thought about buying some shorties and have them rechromed.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

The best results I've found is when you do the prep work yourself prior to plating, chrome is a bit different though. I dropped some stuff off where they clean the parts and they came back pretty average, not impressed. I did the prep work for the next bunch and they came back like new or better.

Dino

Quote from: 440 on June 20, 2012, 11:34:36 AM
The best results I've found is when you do the prep work yourself prior to plating. I dropped some stuff off where they clean the parts and they came back pretty average, not impressed. I did the prep work for the next bunch and they came back like new or better.

That's what I used to do as well.  I hate it when they don't do proper prep and you get the parts back looking like the chrome was brushed on.  Parts of my bumpers are like that but it's very faint so I can live with it.

71ChallengeHer

I'm not sure ? My brother sent them with a bunch of stuff he was having chromed. And gave them to me for my birthday. There is a place near York . B & B metal finishing. Johnny has chromed stuff for me. He is cheaper but does driver quality and show quality. But he only does small pieces. No bumpers.

71ChallengeHer

http://www.bbmetalfinishing.com/home   Ask for Johnny and tell him Jackie with the Challenger told you to call.  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

If your traveling into PA, you can also check out Paul's Chrome and Martin's Chrome of Philadelphia.
I've had stuff done by Martin's before. Absolute stellar chrome (still have yet to see better), but prices are very high.
Paul's (I think) is priced about the same as Librandi's? I've never seen Librandi's work, but I've heard of them before & that they were good.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Dino

ODZKing

The fellow I use is very good but incredably frustrating.  Unbelieveably slow and he has had pieces of mine for better than a year.  I wouldn't recommend him to anyone else.
HOWEVER, I have used this other fellow several times and he does great work and very timely.  Only reason I haven't used him more is the shipping issue to Florida, especially with big pieces.  But he did a great job on my stuff.
http://www.chromeplus.com/   Quality Pot Metal Works - his name is Steve Hubbard.   :2thumbs:

68 Bullitt Charger

I really appreciate all the recommendation's and Thank You! :2thumbs:
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

Memphis Mopar

Tri-City Plating Co., Inc.
218 E. Mill St.
Elizabethton, Tennessee 37643

1-800-251-7536